Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have a phone line but want it located more centrally in apartment

Options
  • 24-04-2014 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I have eFibre in my duplex apartment. The only phone socket in the apartment is located in an upstairs bedroom at the front of the apartment. Boadband speeds are good in the bedroom where the socket is but not as good downstairs and espicially in the living room, downstairs a the other side of the apartment.

What would be involved in getting a phone socket installed in a more central location in my apartment (i.e. cost, any infrastructre in place)?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi there,

I have eFibre in my duplex apartment. The only phone socket in the apartment is located in an upstairs bedroom at the front of the apartment. Boadband speeds are good in the bedroom where the socket is but not as good downstairs and espicially in the living room, downstairs a the other side of the apartment.

What would be involved in getting a phone socket installed in a more central location in my apartment (i.e. cost, any infrastructre in place)?

Thanks
    Hi illdoit2morrow

I can confirm that eircom no longer arrange internal wiring and you would need to speak with a local electrician to explore your options on this. Another option is to contact eircoms technical support team to explore your options with wifi extenders instead of moving the socket. You can contact eircom technical support on 1890260260 or via our web chat service here: http://bit.ly/1fsAeco

Thanks

Al

Advertisement