Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terenure 5 Mile - 18th of May

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

paddybarry wrote: »
    Do I need to bring ID with me on Saturday to collect number?

Hahahaha w/ Digger organising it? Are you being serious ???:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Do we have to collect numbers on Saturday or can you collect the morning of the race?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Love their definition of Saturday morning....

Registration is online, the collection of numbers and T-Shirts will take place on Saturday morning 17th May at the Sportsworld Clubhouse in Bushy Park, 12.30pm to 3.30pm and on Sunday morning in the Terenure College gym 9.00am to 10.30am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Just bring your online booking confirmation

Weetabix wrote: »
    Do we have to collect numbers on Saturday or can you collect the morning of the race?

As Adrian says, you can collect on Sunday morning from 9-10.30 in Terenure College Gym, would suggest you don't til the last minute though

• Advertisement

Just bring your online booking confirmation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Ok Digger we got the message. You're worse than UM1 :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I don't have a printer, can I show booking confirmation from my phone? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭SnailsPace

Last year pickup was a bit of a disaster, I went really early, big queues and they made me come back later in the day for tshirt.

menoscemo wrote: »
    Ok Digger we got the message. You're worse than UM1 :pac:

:) This bleedin tablet! Are you gracing us with your prescence, is Dollwyn running? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Is that you on the twitter account? Top work!

nerraw1111 wrote: »
    Is that you on the twitter account? Top work!

Nope, I'm not one of the twitterati as yet... I only recently moved from Bebo to Facebook ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Race Pacers for 30

Guess who's one of the 30min pacers?. Based on my maths = 6 min miles / 3m 45s km's pace but the key question for Sunday will be pace will the first 1km be done in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Any advice on parking spots ? Mrs mule will have 2 kids in tow. So trying to balance off getting there early to park versus 2 bored / frustrated kids !

Any advice on parking spots ? Mrs mule will have 2 kids in tow. So trying to balance off getting there early to park versus 2 bored / frustrated kids !

Howiya boss, there'll be some parking in Terenure College and overflow in Our Lady's across the road.... Also lot's of free on-street parking available, what direction are you coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

overflow in Our Lady's across the road
    .......must not make horrible joke...

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Howiya boss, there'll be some parking in Terenure College and overflow in Our Lady's across the road.... Also lot's of free on-street parking available, what direction are you coming from?
    Would be off the m50 through templeogue I imagine. What time do you think we would need to be there at to get parking close enough to the course ?

Would be off the m50 through templeogue I imagine. What time do you think we would need to be there at to get parking close enough to the course ?

pm me your number and I'll give you a shout

.......must not make horrible joke...

I've a story or three ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭Trampas

I'm not sure the people around me will know what time I'm pacing ;)

• Advertisement

Grabbed my number today. Well organised. In and out within 5 minutes. Nice spot for a club house :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

Great sprint finish. Martin Fagan just edged it. Very big attendance and looked well organised. Spotted a few boardies. Well done all.
    Forgot to add Catherine McKieran first women.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

Great race today..

My second time to run it..

Dissapointed with my time however.. I was with the 35min pacers and the 1st mile was 6.20 approx and I suffered after that..

My own fault.. Should have run my own race!

Be back next year :)

Well, the rain held off and a fantastic turn out with a lot of money raised for DEBRA IRELAND. Thanks to all who entered, it really was great to see. First mile seems to have caught a lot of people out, very easy to go too fast with it being the start and downhill/downwind today. Super performance by Catherina McKiernan winning the ladies race and Martin Fagan pipping Freddie on the line in the mens.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

doughef wrote: »
    Great race today..

My second time to run it..

Dissapointed with my time however.. I was with the 35min pacers and the 1st mile was 6.20 approx and I suffered after that..

My own fault.. Should have run my own race!

Be back next year :)

Yeah 35 min pacers seemed to go off too fast.

Good race, pretty sure that was different to the lapped route last time I ran (2010?)

Crap time for me but I wasn't really chasing a time. Very narrow in spots and start was a nightmare. People should really be just moved from the start area when they are clearly not going to be battling for the top ten.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Agreed the 35 min pacers seemed to go off a bit quick, but the first mile had a serious amount of traffic due to the usual large numbers of entrants who were way out of position. Last year I went hell for leather for Mile 1 and struggled through the rest, however today I was able to stay with the pacers, and edged ahead of them (Aoife & ???) towards the finish to nail a PB of almost a minute. Very well organised race, although maybe too many running today? The KCR turn was particularly tricky on both circuits. Needless to say, the feed afterwards was top class, and I'll definitely be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭A P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Really enjoyed it today, good fun, a bit congested at times but not much to be done there.

Paced it a bit better than last year.

A lot of drivers in the area could do with a little patience!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,651 ✭✭✭Infoanon

A P wrote: »

Thanks - but would it not make more sense for the results to be in Net order ?

Well organised and enjoyable event, only issue compared to other events was the starting order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,651 ✭✭✭Infoanon

A P wrote: »

Thanks - but would it not make more sense for the results to be in Net order ?

Well organised and enjoyable event, only issue compared to other events was the starting order.

Advertisement