Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terenure 5 Mile - 18th of May

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Great race today, really enjoyed it.

Only gripe I would have about the pacers is that they took their place too late. It meant people were pushing through the crowd trying to get near their balloon just before the gun or were starting too far behind and bursting a gut trying to catch them in the first mile. Why not have pacers in place 30 mins before start, it might help with people lining up in correct place as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭SureWhyNot!

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Hi, not sure re: your first question but I'll check. On the second point, I know some races give an option of a price with/without a t-shirt... In this case we had agreed to donate that sum to Debra Ireland no matter what which I think was a great idea.

I wasn't so much thinking of a reduced fee, €20 is pretty good for the course, crowd and spread. More I was thinking of an option... "click here to forgo a t-shirt and instead donate an extra €2 to Debra Ireland". I could see how it might be hassle to manage at registration though.

Fair play to the ladies for donating their prize, such decisions deserve more publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭eoinín

It was my first time running the race and I really really enjoyed the day. The race itself was tough in places, with a couple of long drags into the wind, but there was some strong support to motivate us along. The organisation was great - we had no hassle finding parking, picking up numbers, etc. And the afters was good fun - it was nice to mingle and chat with runners from various clubs whilst also enjoying the rather impressive post race spread. Great work Sportsworld for such a smoothly run race and for supporting such a worthy cause!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭raler

Well done Sportsworld yet again. It wasn’t my best day, but the organisation was second to none as usual.

The asics bottle was a nice freebie. The pacers appeared to be a good idea. The spread afterwards great as ever. And seeing club members busy away with little jobs to keep things moving even after the race is a real credit to those involved.

I only watched the Debra video on the site after the race, and as a parent of young daughters myself, it puts it all in perspective. Hats off for supporting it, adn well done again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Really like the idea of "dont bother with the tee-shirt for me, give a couple more quid to the charity" option, as like many others around here I have a large drawer full of free race tee-shirts, and that is with having done a big clear out at end of last year [I shudder to think of how many some of the 100 marathon club folks have!!]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Sprint finish between Martin Fagan and Freddy Keronsittuk
    Ts0KwTnl.jpg

Joe Sweeney coming in for 5th
    p2DkuwJl.jpg

And much, much later... Me.
    BThyfErl.jpg

Freddy's 2nd place prizegiving
    9IHWAhkl.jpg

Martin's 1st place prizegiving
    mfzP8WZl.jpg

The big cheque for Debra Ireland
    YqUQFell.jpg

Prizegiving pics by me, but race pics by Dad (can't be two places at once)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Ron DMC wrote: »

And much, much later... Me.
    BThyfErl.jpg

Smackdown with marthastew :D - who made it across the line 1st?

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Pretty sure we were about neck and neck coming through, less than a second anyway. Hadn't realised she was a boardsie at all.
    Hi marthastew!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Pretty sure we were about neck and neck coming through, less than a second anyway. Hadn't realised she was a boardsie at all.
    Hi marthastew!!

On the results you are both given 139th place :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Hi marthastew!!
    menoscemo wrote: »
    On the results you are both given 139th place :D

Hi Ron DMC:D We'll have to keep an eye out for each other at the next race, you make a good pacer;) Great photos, thanks!
    I usually manage to shake hands with whoever I cross the line with but I needed a moment or two to compose myselfstop myself from bringing my breakfast back up;)

Ron DMC won the smackdown..... We crossed the line together but his chip time was 1 second faster:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭overpronator

Small world, Ron I was talking to you afterwards briefly, you were telling me about the Belfast Marathon and the Conn Ultra.

Small world, Ron I was talking to you afterwards briefly, you were telling me about the Belfast Marathon and the Conn Ultra.
    Jaysus, everyone's a boardsie...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Jaysus, everyone's a boardsie...

But apparently not Rashers/Deirdree loves Rashid/Newbygirl ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

How come teams were meant to be declared on the day and weren't registered via precision timing btw? Usually you be automatically reg'd with precision timing?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

Advertisement