Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Avoid Joyetech

• 24-04-2014 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Bought an Ego-CC from Joyetech UK a few weeks back.

It worked fine for a week or so and then liquid began to pool continously directly under mouthpiece so that every deep drag was accompanied by some foul tasting eliquid.

Tried all of the various fixes - recommended in gibberish english on their own site - and elsewhere online. Spent hours.

None worked.

Emailed them outlining problems and sending pictures.

Returned the item to them. They returned it saying it was fine - ( not even wiped properly of eliquid - pieces simply fecked back in the box)

Still not working and in no way fit for purpose - so much liquid still pools so there is no way to take a drag without some getting in your mouth.

A thorough cleaning of all parts or changing to new atomiser head only solves the problem for an hour or so.

Product looks great / site looks professional - Both are misleading.

Avoid.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Something really wrong there, I have a new unused iClear16 here, pm me and I will send it to you and see how you get on with that, if it works for you then send me the faulty one and I will take a look at it for you. I have an engineering background so I know what I am doing....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

My authentic Joyetech charger died mighty quickly. 2 Evods, supposedly cheaper, still going strong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Unfortunately not all of these 'new innovations' live up to their hype. The CC thing is of course something that they hoped would work and sell well, it looks like a nice piece of kit (streamlined, sturdy etc) but in reality it's just an updated version of their almost extinct plastic cartridge set-up.
    The problem lies with their atomizer head - these little bástardos belowimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrap8VWMTX-yTBc_u7GyTu-hyzJLICyVYmGT32jrPGefmh8051

They're flimsy and unreliable - I've never had one which works, not a genuine Joyetech one nor a copy. I don't understand why they're still being made - they can't be going on the principle of catching people for a one-off sale (as like say cafés in Paris charging €10 for a coffee), it makes no sense to me at all because vaping is a repeat business and once you realise what a farce has been made no one will buy the same model again.
    Those atomizer heads can't be rebuilt or repaired or adjusted without smashing a window in despair.

You just have to chalk in all down to experience, bin them and buy something like an Evod or mini Protank (for the same size set up). There are very few reviews online about the CC's and any you might find will slate them badly. Such a shame for such a known brand. Their batteries are great :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

been useing Joyetech stuff for 3 years with very little issue,have any of you thought its the way you use the product that is the issue ?
    from the OP it would seam that flooding was the issue,takeing short sharp drags rather then longer shallower ones

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Maple77

On reflection I think you are spot on CSI Vegas, the heads varied widely in performance. (also seemed to rely on surface pressure of liquid at fill hole) And I also agree about putting this crap out there being a very dumb move on the part of the company.

As you quite rightly point out they are established and should realise they need to focus on repeat business / rep. Had they refunded me - paying due attention to the fact that I had followed all reasonable steps - I might have been less inclined to warn others. So not only shoddy engineering but lack of business savvy.

Currently trying an aspire bdc - definitely more fit for purpose - despite all the popping and gurgling .

Now all I have to do is figure out if these vertiginous symptoms are due to being off the smokes / all eliquid is dodgy / or I have a PG/VG/Flavouring or some other allergy!!!

I hope I figure it out because if I can get this to work I really think I can leave the smokes behind for good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 eireboi83

Maple77 wrote: »
    Bought an Ego-CC from Joyetech UK a few weeks back.

It worked fine for a week or so and then liquid began to pool continously directly under mouthpiece so that every deep drag was accompanied by some foul tasting eliquid.

Tried all of the various fixes - recommended in gibberish english on their own site - and elsewhere online. Spent hours.

None worked.

Emailed them outlining problems and sending pictures.

Returned the item to them. They returned it saying it was fine - ( not even wiped properly of eliquid - pieces simply fecked back in the box)

Still not working and in no way fit for purpose - so much liquid still pools so there is no way to take a drag without some getting in your mouth.

A thorough cleaning of all parts or changing to new atomiser head only solves the problem for an hour or so.

Product looks great / site looks professional - Both are misleading.

Avoid.

Hi All,just thought id throw in my two-pence worth on this topic as i can really relate to it.After not being happy will those gaarage like vape pens that i could not get a 'hit' from, i decided to buy a Joyetech AIO box mod,which seeemed really cheap and i seen it got really good reviews on youtube,where i watch all vape related reviews.It was approx.2100mah,with a 2 litre tank.It was initially good with good vaper for its price.Then i start getting leaks,which i eventually fixed.That was not the issue.This device was super lightweight and fits so easily in the hand.Then trouble started as,i remember it always being difficult to insert micro usb end into the charging port but would eventually go in,but felt like it was labouring.Eventually the day came when the usb port totally detached.Actually lodgin the tiny hole.So i contact the seller and he said because it was after 30 days thhe manafacturer is responsible.So after weeks(and i do mean weeks)of constant back and forth through service@Joyeetech.com,them saying i had to pay postage to send it back to them,that they had no warranty in place in europe etc.,they agred that they would send me a replacement,which onl;y took about 5 working days.All was well until about a week in the same issue occured.I contacted them several times,sometimesw waiting a week for a rerply,again telling me to contact Vendor.They have aggred to replace the item yet again,but that was three weeks ago,they keep saying please wait as prodoct is still in manafacturing.I told them that this is the second replacment and the first only took 5 days,and that it was an insult to think that they only manafacture the item as orders come.Big international coompanys dont work like this.So here i am 3 months later with a broken device.Bought another companys device as replacment.I contacted consumer rights here in ireland and they informeed me that i would have to pay a 25 eur fee to bring it to the courts.Which basically wipes out the majority i paid for the device.I put my point across that obviously the product is not fit for its purpose and they should discontinue making the device until this problem is rectified.Imm still waiting on a reply as to when it will be shipped.So i guess what i am trying to say is DONT BUY JOYETECH AS THERE DEVICES ARE POOR AND CONSIST OF CHEAP CONPONENTS THAT DONT PROVIDE THE VAPER WITH A RELIABLE DEVICE,If anybody has any comment,suggestions or has had the same problem please feel free to l;et me know as i feel this is not an isolated case.Peace,Stephen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

eireboi83 wrote: »
    Hi All,just thought id throw in my two-pence worth on this topic as i can really relate to it.After not being happy will those gaarage like vape pens that i could not get a 'hit' from, i decided to buy a Joyetech AIO box mod,which seeemed really cheap and i seen it got really good reviews on youtube,where i watch all vape related reviews.It was approx.2100mah,with a 2 litre tank.It was initially good with good vaper for its price.Then i start getting leaks,which i eventually fixed.That was not the issue.This device was super lightweight and fits so easily in the hand.Then trouble started as,i remember it always being difficult to insert micro usb end into the charging port but would eventually go in,but felt like it was labouring.Eventually the day came when the usb port totally detached.Actually lodgin the tiny hole.So i contact the seller and he said because it was after 30 days thhe manafacturer is responsible.So after weeks(and i do mean weeks)of constant back and forth through service@Joyeetech.com,them saying i had to pay postage to send it back to them,that they had no warranty in place in europe etc.,they agred that they would send me a replacement,which onl;y took about 5 working days.All was well until about a week in the same issue occured.I contacted them several times,sometimesw waiting a week for a rerply,again telling me to contact Vendor.They have aggred to replace the item yet again,but that was three weeks ago,they keep saying please wait as prodoct is still in manafacturing.I told them that this is the second replacment and the first only took 5 days,and that it was an insult to think that they only manafacture the item as orders come.Big international coompanys dont work like this.So here i am 3 months later with a broken device.Bought another companys device as replacment.I contacted consumer rights here in ireland and they informeed me that i would have to pay a 25 eur fee to bring it to the courts.Which basically wipes out the majority i paid for the device.I put my point across that obviously the product is not fit for its purpose and they should discontinue making the device until this problem is rectified.Imm still waiting on a reply as to when it will be shipped.So i guess what i am trying to say is DONT BUY JOYETECH AS THERE DEVICES ARE POOR AND CONSIST OF CHEAP CONPONENTS THAT DONT PROVIDE THE VAPER WITH A RELIABLE DEVICE,If anybody has any comment,suggestions or has had the same problem please feel free to l;et me know as i feel this is not an isolated case.Peace,Stephen.

This sounds so similar to my first forte into vaping. Picked up said Joytech AIO device and had major problems with the USB socket and the firing button getting stuck in full on mode. Brought it back the next day and swapped it for a Nautilus Mini and evod battery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

Just my experience but I've been using the same device as the poster above for a year with zero issues.

The poor customer service reported I can't comment upon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I still have a few Joyetech ego batteries I bought 5 years ago & they are still working with tanks,never had an issue with them,most manufacturers always have bad batches that are sent out by mistake.

Just dump it & get yourself some new gear or it'll just do your head in...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Can't... read... my eyes... hurt.
    Hit CR key from time to time ;)

• Advertisement

Venom wrote: »
    This sounds so similar to my first forte into vaping. Picked up said Joytech AIO device and had major problems with the USB socket and the firing button getting stuck in full on mode. Brought it back the next day and swapped it for a Nautilus Mini and evod battery.

Did ur USB port break off.Contacted seller and he said I would have to contact and the manufacturer said I'd have to contact seller.Consumer rights say its the sellers responsibility.

docentore wrote: »
    Can't... read... my eyes... hurt.
    Hit CR key from time to time ;)

Thanks so much for ur amazing input.Note:Sarcasim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Did ur USB port break off.Contacted seller and he said I would have to contact and the manufacturer said I'd have to contact seller.Consumer rights say its the sellers responsibility.

The internal USB port itself, didn't match up to the slot for it on the mod. It wasn't a issue for me as the fire button didn't like turning off so I just returned it the next day to Purplebox and they sorted me out with different kit that worked a treat :)

Finally got a refund from the seller but he said it was just a good will gesture.I didn't care once I got what I paid for it.Joyetech devices are not great and there customer service is brutal.I defo recommend buying from a local vape shop might be a little dearer but you get peace of mind if anything goes wrong just bring it back and you either get a replacement or refund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

It was approx.2100mah,with a 2 litre tank..

I want a 2 Liter tank !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

was.deevey wrote: »

was.deevey wrote: »

Haha.Need some amount.of battery power and two stroke oil to keep her lit lol
    Good spot
    Schoolboy Error huh?!

Advertisement