Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ovulation Induction at Merrion Fertility Clinic/ Sims Clinic Dublin!!!

Options
  • 24-04-2014 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi All, I have been diagnosed with PCOS and ttc for almost a year and a half without success, I would like to know if anyone has approached Sims Clinic Dublin to get the OI done? If yes then how was the overall experience and how much was the charge and the waiting time? The same with The Merrion Fertility Clinic. I had been reffered to the NMH by my GP but I want to switch to another fertility clinic as I am not quite happy with the treatment. Plz help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Moved to the Trying to Conceive forum, OP you should get more helpful replies here.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭nemo32

Hi Sashakhan,

I done 3 TSI cycles with SIMS. I found them very useful for knowing that my body is responding correctly to the drugs and helping me ov. SIMS diagnosed me with PCOS due to the amount of follies on each ovary but I have no other symptoms. This didn't work for me as I had 2 blocked tubes but I found the experience very positive with SIMS. You can self refer and they will expect you to attend an consult and gets some bloods done (if you haven't already got them done) and they might also check your tubes and maybe get your DH to do a Semen Analysis, but all of that will be explained at the consult and you don't have to do anything further from that point if you don't want to. Best of luck with everything xx

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sashakhan

Hi nemo32 ,

Many thanks for the reply. Can you please let me know how much did each cycle cost you. I do not have a medical insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭nemo32

So you pay 110 for each scan and I needed 2 scans on my first cycle and only one on my 2nd and 3rd cycle. It all depends on how your follicles respond to the meds. Some people need 4 or 5 scans. The meds cost 144 euro with the dps card. get the form from the chemist if you haven't already got one. They will give you the costs of the other tests if you require any before starting he TSI at the consult.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The price list for Merrion is here. My experience with them has been excellent.

• Advertisement

Many thanks to you nemo32

Hi Bobblehead Panda!!

Thanks for replying.
    What treatment did you take at the Merrion? Was it OI?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I had OI elsewhere and was then referred to Merrion because my previous clinic didn't do anything beyond OI. I've had IUI in Merrion and currently IVF. The process involved in OI and IUI is similar though (up until the end, obviously) and I found the whole thing to be professional, friendly and most importantly, safe. They kept a very good eye on me to make sure I didn't overstimulate.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭saucyleopard

I have heard about RePromed from one of my sisters. They are supposed to be very good and they have a clinic in Dublin also.

Advertisement