Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Vision; free HD RTE1/2, TG4

Options
  • 24-04-2014 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Signed up on 28th March having cancelled Sky subscription. Expected free HD on RTE1/2 and TG4 as per leaflet. Took out BT Sports subscription but I,now, discover that the Europa League football is not available to Rep of Ireland. At this point, I have spoken to 14 Eircom agents including 1 manager, made an online complaint, took part in on-line chat - all to no avail. What can I do now? Does anybody have a similar problem? The local shop in Scotch Hall could not help either. Any suggestions would be very welcome after 20 days' stone-walling by Eircom (1st call on 4th April). Thanks, stella 04

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭tdonegan1990

Expect no help with these eircom reps.
    PM'd one called "eircom Colm" 3 weeks ago and still waiting 4 a reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 stella04

My list includes Greg, Amy, David, Gary, Lisa, Jefferson, Kirsty, Karen (manager), Dylan, Owen ( hung up during call), Matthew and James who emailed in reply and sundry others. The email advised ringing After Sales Dept @ 1800 404030 and to speak to a supervisor. I proceeded as advised but as usual, the agents decline to transfer the call to any Supervisor. This is appalling service; I am so frustrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Not really a Louth issue but my tuppence are. When I heard of E-vision, I was quite interested. When I saw it was Eircom, I became very disinterested.

They're an utter nightmare to deal with.

Still trying to sort out the HD issue with E-Vision after over 2 months - absolutely no follow-up to repeated calls and promised call-backs. 2 months of utter frustration and bewilderment with Eircom customer relations. Just from a purely cost saving (in terms of agent time answering or dealing with the same query) and customer care point of view, wouldn't it make sense to provide a response of some sort? Constant and consistent stone-walling seems to be the order of the day; agents are trained to say that they can deal with a query when this is patently not true and it appears that they are forbidden to pass the query to a supervisor. The common mantra is "Your concern have been sent to Escalations"; end of story; no further discussion possible. Think very carefully before taking out an E-vision contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

I assume that you are on the free trial with eVison so at least it is not costing you anything? Sky will probably ring you up in the next few weeks with a great deal to go back to them. I would strongly consider taking it if I was you.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately, have a contract, so cannot leave so easily. Actually managed to speak to a receptive agent last evening; Dylan is the only customer service agent that took time to engage and check out the full list of previous calls. But it seems, now, that the solution re the 'free' HD is to pay upfront for the full HD package and then to be refunded/credited. This is not what was advertised and what I contracted for. As I already pay for extra packs (multiroom, Essential, Setanta & BT Sports) and I have had such dreadful experience with Customer service, Tech Support and eVision Aftersales, I am sceptical about this new 'solution. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

stella04 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, have a contract, so cannot leave so easily. Actually managed to speak to a receptive agent last evening; Dylan is the only customer service agent that took time to engage and check out the full list of previous calls. But it seems, now, that the solution re the 'free' HD is to pay upfront for the full HD package and then to be refunded/credited. This is not what was advertised and what I contracted for. As I already pay for extra packs (multiroom, Essential, Setanta & BT Sports) and I have had such dreadful experience with Customer service, Tech Support and eVision Aftersales, I am sceptical about this new 'solution. Any ideas?

If the service is not 'as described' then you don't have a contract.

I had a similar issue regarding their broadband. Their sales guy sold be fiber broadband but they set me up on regular broadband. After a few months of talking to eircom reps, they said it was not available in my area. I cancelled my direct debit and went back to vodafone who, funnily enough we able to give me fiber. Soon after I got a bill for about 400.00 for breaking contract. I called them again and explained what happened and bill was cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Just to point out that you cannot simply cancel a DD and stop payment if you feel you don't have a contract. You should follow the correct cancellation process (even if it's a pain) so as not to leave yourself liable.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

ElNino wrote: »
    I assume that you are on the free trial with eVison so at least it is not costing you anything? Sky will probably ring you up in the next few weeks with a great deal to go back to them. I would strongly consider taking it if I was you.
    HD is an additional €5 per month.

I understand that there is a E5 subscription for HD. However, when I signed up there was an offer of FREE HD for RTE1/2 and TG4. This offer has been discontinued; the offers are frequent and change month on month, I think. What really annoys me is the casual dismissive attitude of Eircom; they asked me to scan in and send a copy of the offer etc. No acknowledgement; no reply. There may well be a technical problem in providing HD for 3 selected channels only but why not say so, upfront. It's the stone-walling all the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

I think they're crazy to ask you to scan in the offer.
    They should just be a bit loyal (after you leaving Sky for them) and give it to you.

I have Horizon and prefer it over all the others, but Sky is the fastest.
    I get 21 (or something) 'free' HD channels.
    I say 'free' because it shouldn't even cost more, though you can see the difference in quality.

Advertisement