If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD recorder with front panel buttons

Options
  • 24-04-2014 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

I'm looking for 8  DVD recorders (or VHS/DVD combos) that have physical record/play/stop on the front panel.

Is such a device still available? Any that I have seen lately all use a remote. 

All the recorders will be stacked so a device that uses a remote is no use to me.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

podge3 wrote: »
    Hi guys

I'm looking for 8  DVD recorders (or VHS/DVD combos) that have physical record/play/stop on the front panel.

All the recorders will be stacked so a device that uses a remote is no use to me.
    Podge,

the Panasonic DMREX86 does have buttons on the front ( under a panel) to allow Play, Rec & Stop functions - the EX86 is a DVD recorder and also has a Hard Drive built in - unfortunately its the only suitable unit that we stock ( and supply is tight!)

Have a look at the manual here:
    http://www.richersounds.com/static/manuals/dmrex86.pdf

and this is the product page here:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/dvd-recorders/panasonic/dmrex86-mr/pana-dmrex86-mr

Apologies for the delay and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

Hi guys

Podge,

the Panasonic DMREX86 does have buttons on the front ( under a panel) to allow Play, Rec & Stop functions - the EX86 is a DVD recorder and also has a Hard Drive built in - unfortunately its the only suitable unit that we stock ( and supply is tight!)

Have a look at the manual here:
    http://www.richersounds.com/static/manuals/dmrex86.pdf

and this is the product page here:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/dvd-recorders/panasonic/dmrex86-mr/pana-dmrex86-mr

Apologies for the delay and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew
    That looks ideal, John, I'll take a look.

Thanks!

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi guys

Hey Podge3.

At the moment it seems to be only Panasonic that we can normally get a hold of.

The only one still available would be the Panasonic £329.00
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/dvd-recorders/panasonic/dmrbwt735/pana-dmrbwt735
    On the front it only has the following buttons:
    Power Button
    Open/close disk tray
    Stop
    Start/Play

I don't think this would be enough to offer full operations on the player.

It is getting harder and harder to get DVD recorders as the one mention above is a Bluray recorder.

Sorry I could not be of more help on this.

Hi guys

Hey Podge3.

At the moment it seems to be only Panasonic that we can normally get a hold of.

The only one still available would be the Panasonic £329.00
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/dvd-recorders/panasonic/dmrbwt735/pana-dmrbwt735
    On the front it only has the following buttons:
    Power Button
    Open/close disk tray
    Stop
    Start/Play

I don't think this would be enough to offer full operations on the player.

It is getting harder and harder to get DVD recorders as the one mention above is a Bluray recorder.

Sorry I could not be of more help on this.
    Thanks Kenny. 

The DMREX86 seems to fit the bill, just to get stock.

OK guys, I have had a play with the DMREX86 and it seems to work OK for what I need it to do.

Any chance that you could source 8 of them?

• Advertisement

OK guys, I have had a play with the DMREX86 and it seems to work OK for what I need it to do.

If you move sharpish we should be able to get 8 of the region 2 models - latest price is now reduced to £239.95 and we would do delivery at just £33 for the whole lot..

Thanks again and keep us posted but there are only a handful left in the warehouse so don't delay!

Thanks for the opportunity to quote,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

If you move sharpish we should be able to get 8 of the region 2 models - latest price is now reduced to £239.95 and we would do delivery at just £33 for the whole lot..

Thanks again and keep us posted but there are only a handful left in the warehouse so don't delay!

Thanks for the opportunity to quote,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    John

I need to clarify a few things tomorrow but I'm 90% sure that we will be going for them.

I got a used unit for testing and its been installed for a few days now. I'll be doing final checks tomorrow but so far its looking good!

I think I still have your mobile number so I'll ring you tomorrow once everything is 100%

Hi Podge.

Stock is very tight on these units at the moment but I can indeed have a go at ordering them in for you.

If you would like to go for them drop me a contact number in a PM and we can give you a bell to sort the order.

Hi Podge.

Stock is very tight on these units at the moment but I can indeed have a go at ordering them in for you.

If you would like to go for them drop me a contact number in a PM and we can give you a bell to sort the order.
    Hi Kenny

Unfortunately I found a problem today that may make these units unsuitable for me. The unit sometimes defaults to HDD and can only be changed back with the remote. The button that changes the target is a toggle and because the units are stacked, the IR tx will toggle all the units.

I haven't given up on them yet but this is a major problem.

Hi Podge.

Hi Kenny

Unfortunately I found a problem today that may make these units unsuitable for me. The unit sometimes defaults to HDD and can only be changed back with the remote. The button that changes the target is a toggle and because the units are stacked, the IR tx will toggle all the units.

I haven't given up on them yet but this is a major problem.
    Hey Podge.

Did  bit more digging and there is nothing else available to us.
    Panasonic seem to be the only ones we can get.

• Advertisement

OK, I have come back to these Panasonic DVD recorders again. They are not ideal for the job but they are the best that I can do, I think.

Could I still get 8 of them from you? 

OK, I have come back to these Panasonic DVD recorders again. They are not ideal for the job but they are the best that I can do, I think.

Podge,

I understand that another batch has arrived but unfortunately the price has moved to £249.95 for the R2 version and £269.95 for the multi region version - no problem supplying 8 units to you but whatever you do make sure that they fit the bill - drop us a line if there are any queries or check out the manual..

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Podge,

I understand that another batch has arrived but unfortunately the price has moved to £249.95 for the R2 version and £269.95 for the multi region version - no problem supplying 8 units to you but whatever you do make sure that they fit the bill - drop us a line if there are any queries or check out the manual..

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thats fine, John.

PM on the way.

PM sent to Kenny, I see we can't contact you by PM now, John :D

In-box must be full again! - I thought it had gone quiet!

I'll do some cleaning up and be back in contact in the next hour - thanks for the tip off!

ATVB,

J

..interesting - mailbox wasnt full???

Do you want to try again?

Keep me posted

ATVB,

J

In-box must be full again! - I thought it had gone quiet!

I'll do some cleaning up and be back in contact in the next hour - thanks for the tip off!

ATVB,

J

..interesting - mailbox wasnt full???

Do you want to try again?

Keep me posted

ATVB,

J
    I can't PM you, only email?

I still have your mobile, can I ring you on that?

All sorted now, thanks lads :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Enjoy Heroin Responsibly

Does this model have an MPEG4 (Saorview) tuner ?

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Does this model have an MPEG4 (Saorview) tuner ?
    Hi, cheers for the post. This model is no longer available unfortunately. There seems to be very little DVD recorders available at the minute. To get saorview you would need a Recorder with Freeview HD - this won't pick up HD channels in ROI but should pick up Saorview

The only unit we have available at the minute which I believe would cover you would be the Panasonic DMRHWT230
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201252-panasonic-dmrhwt230eb9.aspx?swapstore=1 - £229 / €319
    but its not a dvd recorder, just a freeview HD box with 1TB hard drive for recording

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭kooga

sorry to interrup and just to clarify a freeview HD recorder such as the pana and humax will pick up all the saorview channels including the HD ones, however the channels will not be in order. heres a link to my reviews and a picture re the humax hdr2000T

http://ugc.richersounds.com/profiles/5110-en_gb/tgc6s7lhfdv416ua5ewwbo0sk/profile.htm

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

kooga wrote: »
    sorry to interrup and just to clarify a freeview HD recorder such as the pana and humax will pick up all the saorview channels including the HD ones, however the channels will not be in order. heres a link to my reviews and a picture re the humax hdr2000T

http://ugc.richersounds.com/profiles/5110-en_gb/tgc6s7lhfdv416ua5ewwbo0sk/profile.htm
    Thanks Kooga, input is always welcome :) I just couldn't guarantee it would get all the HD

Cheers

For just recording onto you could look at the Humax range as mentioned by Kooga.

Humax HDR1800T 320GB priced at 199.99 Euro (Inc delivery)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200683-hdr1800t-320gb.aspx

Next up the Humax HDR2000T 500GB priced at 239.99 Euro (Inc delivery)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12521-hdr2000t-500gb.aspx

Then the Humax HDR2000T 1TB coming in at 259.99 Euro (Inc delivery)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12736-hdr2000t-1tb.aspx

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.