Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fertility - Ovulation Predictor Kits

Options
  • 24-04-2014 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi there,

I have a quick question I am hoping you can help with...
    I have not yet started ttc but hope to soon. I (like a lot of people) have a fear that I could be infertile (no reason to think this though). I was considering going to a private clinic for tests to be sure... but my question really is this... would an ovulation predictor kit tell me if I am fertile? I am assuming if I am not ovulating it will at least tell me this - so if I do a few over the next few cycles and it tells me I am ovulating - is this reason enough to put my mind at ease?

Thanks appreciate any info on this as it's new to me!
    And p.s. I know I am over worrying and jumping the gun a little but I would just like to be sure...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sashakhan

Hi Winnie21,

Are your cycles regular? If not then Its high time you should consider going to the private clinic/ first consult with your GP so that she can refer you to any doctor who could help.
    My personal experience with the opk's has no been that great. The OPKs work by measuring an increase in luteinizing hormone (LH) that occurs shortly before ovulation takes place. I used the clearblue advanced fertility strips and found of them average help to me but they indicated the peak time when I had tested. If you really want to know whether or not your ovulating- what you can do is test with the opk's which are not a 100% correct and the other is go the OBGYN. Why do you think you are Infertile? All these thoughts just get you to worry and do no good. The only thing that can assure you is to take medical help. I hope this information helps you. Feel free to discuss if you still have anything up your mind. TC :-)

Advertisement