Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone/broadband problems since Oct 2012 - Oldtown - Electricity inter connector

Options
  • 24-04-2014 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

[font=arial, sans-serif]This is a problem dating all the way back from October 2012 and still ongoing.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I am trying to find someone who can help in finally sorting out my phone problems and potentially 76 other households in the Oldtown, Lusk, Rush areas who have legacy phone problems as a result of the Electricity Inter Connector (Ireland - Wales) which at the time caused terrible noise on telephone voice lines.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I was one of those Eircom customers who had their telephone line effected so badly that I couldn't hear anything, and as a result an Eircom  Engineer patch fixed the issue by setting up my broadband over my standard fixed line and then installing a temporary "Cell Fax Plus" voice over wireless device.... the temporary solution required pulling the socket off my wall, splicing my telephone lines, rewiring my alarm connection.....[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Eircom had an odd way of managing this from an account basis, firstly they renamed my account by adding "CIF" to my first name, they then started listing two telephone lines on my bill and crediting me back for one.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Oct 2012 - May 2013 all seemed ok (excusing the pulled off wall socket, wires all over the place and my monitored alarm no longer working!!) at least I only paid for my contracted package of broadband and phone for around 45euro per bill.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]June 2013 to April 2014 it has turned to utter hell. Over charging me intermittently, disconnected me, a lack of broadband service for 2 months (while still being billed) all has prevented me from running any of my business from home and generally causing enormous frustration to the point that I contacted ComReg a number of months ago.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Hours and days have been lost over the past couple of years in an attempt to [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]rectify[/font][font=arial, sans-serif] problems, none of which are mine. Each telephone call to 1901 take an hour minimum. Eircom personnel seem to want to avoid this mess and at present avoid me like the plague. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Following my ComReg complaint (of nearly 2 months) I with a friendly eircom engineer have now started the process of sorting the mess out, fixed telephone line working again, [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]my wall socket has been replaced,[/font][font=arial, sans-serif] wires removed and alarm reconnected.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]However, now I am informed I entered into a "new" phone contract (one which I never saw, never signed and never spoke about to anyone on the phone; therefore not a contract I am party to) [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]My broadband has some how been ceased / [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]disconnected (a request I never made to anyone at any time[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]), I have no idea what is happening. ComReg read out a list of items which had been [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]action'ed[/font][font=arial, sans-serif] by a supervisor at Eircom - none of which has been communicated to me officially from Ericom. To add insult to injury [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]I was informed in the last day or so on the phone fro[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]m a [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]1901 operator[/font][font=arial, sans-serif] that I am one of 30,000 customers who have been [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]under-billed[/font][font=arial, sans-serif] via direct debit. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]When I contacted my bank, they inform me that Eircom have successfully been direct debiting from my account and in fact as per the most recent bill seem to have double billed me this month for my last bill[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I am [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]desperately[/font][font=arial, sans-serif] trying to get to speak with someone other than a helpless 1901 operator who typically says they will have to email their supervisor, or raise an urgent fault email with "Limerick[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]"....[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Anyway, maybe this is not an area which anyone here can help me, I would appreciate any guidance you may have on where I can find an interested Eircom staff member and better yet a way of contacting them. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I have filled out the 400 character online message tool to customer care, spoken to 1901 for hours if not many days at this stage, have raised a ComReg issue. I have also kept a copy of all my correspondence on this back to Oct 2012 - some one HELP![/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Account details and phone number available by PM[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

[font=arial, sans-serif]This is a problem dating all the way back from October 2012 and still ongoing.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I am trying to find someone who can help in finally sorting out my phone problems and potentially 76 other households in the Oldtown, Lusk, Rush areas who have legacy phone problems as a result of the Electricity Inter Connector (Ireland - Wales) which at the time caused terrible noise on telephone voice lines.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I was one of those Eircom customers who had their telephone line effected so badly that I couldn't hear anything, and as a result an Eircom  Engineer patch fixed the issue by setting up my broadband over my standard fixed line and then installing a temporary "Cell Fax Plus" voice over wireless device.... the temporary solution required pulling the socket off my wall, splicing my telephone lines, rewiring my alarm connection.....[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Eircom had an odd way of managing this from an account basis, firstly they renamed my account by adding "CIF" to my first name, they then started listing two telephone lines on my bill and crediting me back for one.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Oct 2012 - May 2013 all seemed ok (excusing the pulled off wall socket, wires all over the place and my monitored alarm no longer working!!) at least I only paid for my contracted package of broadband and phone for around 45euro per bill.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]June 2013 to April 2014 it has turned to utter hell. Over charging me intermittently, disconnected me, a lack of broadband service for 2 months (while still being billed) all has prevented me from running any of my business from home and generally causing enormous frustration to the point that I contacted ComReg a number of months ago.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Hours and days have been lost over the past couple of years in an attempt to [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]rectify[/font][font=arial, sans-serif] problems, none of which are mine. Each telephone call to 1901 take an hour minimum. Eircom personnel seem to want to avoid this mess and at present avoid me like the plague. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Following my ComReg complaint (of nearly 2 months) I with a friendly eircom engineer have now started the process of sorting the mess out, fixed telephone line working again, [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]my wall socket has been replaced,[/font][font=arial, sans-serif] wires removed and alarm reconnected.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]However, now I am informed I entered into a "new" phone contract (one which I never saw, never signed and never spoke about to anyone on the phone; therefore not a contract I am party to) [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]My broadband has some how been ceased / [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]disconnected (a request I never made to anyone at any time[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]), I have no idea what is happening. ComReg read out a list of items which had been [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]action'ed[/font][font=arial, sans-serif] by a supervisor at Eircom - none of which has been communicated to me officially from Ericom. To add insult to injury [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]I was informed in the last day or so on the phone fro[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]m a [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]1901 operator[/font][font=arial, sans-serif] that I am one of 30,000 customers who have been [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]under-billed[/font][font=arial, sans-serif] via direct debit. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]When I contacted my bank, they inform me that Eircom have successfully been direct debiting from my account and in fact as per the most recent bill seem to have double billed me this month for my last bill[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I am [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]desperately[/font][font=arial, sans-serif] trying to get to speak with someone other than a helpless 1901 operator who typically says they will have to email their supervisor, or raise an urgent fault email with "Limerick[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]"....[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Anyway, maybe this is not an area which anyone here can help me, I would appreciate any guidance you may have on where I can find an interested Eircom staff member and better yet a way of contacting them. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I have filled out the 400 character online message tool to customer care, spoken to 1901 for hours if not many days at this stage, have raised a ComReg issue. I have also kept a copy of all my correspondence on this back to Oct 2012 - some one HELP![/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Account details and phone number available by PM[/font]
    Hi Evolutionary Guy

I'm sorry to hear of this experience and I can totally understand your feelings and level of disappointment.

If you would like to PM me your eircom account number and contact details I will look in to this for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Evolutionary Guy

Hi Al -

Quick update - I had a brief call with a customer complaints handler in Eircom on Tuesday morning. They are to come back to me in the next couple of days with more detailed info on my DD billing, lack of broad band service, eircom package, and a final resolution to my 2 years of phone problems etc. They did confirm that Eircom will/did not force me to commit to a "new" contract so that's one good thing.

I will keep you all posted on the status of my broadband and final resolution to my Eircom problems. Apparently even though I had broadband only a few months ago on my line I have to go through the line pre-qual stage all over again :-/  due to the latest repairs to the line.

Thanks

Hi Al -

Quick update - I had a brief call with a customer complaints handler in Eircom on Tuesday morning. They are to come back to me in the next couple of days with more detailed info on my DD billing, lack of broad band service, eircom package, and a final resolution to my 2 years of phone problems etc. They did confirm that Eircom will/did not force me to commit to a "new" contract so that's one good thing.

I will keep you all posted on the status of my broadband and final resolution to my Eircom problems. Apparently even though I had broadband only a few months ago on my line I have to go through the line pre-qual stage all over again :-/  due to the latest repairs to the line.

Thanks
    Thanks for the update Evolutionary Guy

I have requested priority on this however I have had no further updates since escalating this, if I notice any further progress I will of course let you know.

Thanks
    Al

Morning Eircom, 2 weeks ago today I wrote my boards message about 2 years of Ericom lack of care for my custom, no interest in resolving my phone/broadband problems............ -

Well its happening again - promises promises - the Eircom  complaints have not contacted me since Tuesday week ago and that was the first time they ever contacted me (thanks Al appreciate your help pushing them) - but here we go again - no calls, no letters, no emails ... no contact at all ! 

I am still over charged and still no broadband - Eircom still have my DD to my bank still drawing money-  and I am still waiting to see if I ever get sorted out once and for all and maybe it would be nice to get a written letter apologizing for the problems since Oct 2012?

The broadband line test that was supposed to yield results in a day or two .... Well I dont know if its even been done! And this was just to connect me back to the service I had for 6 years until Eircom lost my details and deleted the connection!!!

I am beyond despair again  .... H E L P !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Evolutionary Guy,

Sorry to hear this. I will follow this up with Al and get back to you as soon as I know more.

Tony

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Evolutionary Guy,

Sorry to hear this. I will follow this up with Al and get back to you as soon as I know more.

Tony

Ok ... so I received a telephone call at 4pm on Thur (15th of May) from Eircom Customer Complaints where they asked me if I was "fully satisfied with their response" and to clarify/confirm that the Com Reg complaint could now be closed...?????????

The Eircom person making the call to me was not my named case handler (he apparently was sitting right beside him - so why didn't the case handler just ring since he had made all the promises the couple of weeks before??)...

I pointed out that 'No' the case can not be closed as I am still without broadband - still no news on that mysterious line test - remember its on a line i had broadband on for 6 years until the Eircom foul up this February 2014. 

Still no sign of a written apology nor any details of the promised "package" to make up for the 2 years of wires hanging out of my wall.. hours and hours spent on the phone to 1901 the overcharging etc and the emails (which I still have with the Eircom responses dating back over the 2 years).

Can I get my broadband back please - pretty please? with a note of apology and that package JP spoke about?

then the case can be closed

Any Eircom representative. .... please........
    Ok ... so I received a telephone call at 4pm on Thur (15th of May) from Eircom Customer Complaints where they asked me if I was "fully satisfied with their response" and to clarify/confirm that the Com Reg complaint could now be closed...?????????

The Eircom person making the call to me was not my named case handler (he apparently was sitting right beside him - so why didn't the case handler just ring since he had made all the promises the couple of weeks before??)...

I pointed out that 'No' the case can not be closed as I am still without broadband - still no news on that mysterious line test - remember its on a line i had broadband on for 6 years until the Eircom foul up this February 2014. 

Still no sign of a written apology nor any details of the promised "package" to make up for the 2 years of wires hanging out of my wall.. hours and hours spent on the phone to 1901 the overcharging etc and the emails (which I still have with the Eircom responses dating back over the 2 years).

Can I get my broadband back please - pretty please? with a note of apology and that package JP spoke about?

Any Eircom representative. .... please........

Hi Evolutionary Guy

Apologies for the delays,

I will follow this up further today and get back to you as soon as I have further information.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Al -

Well - latest just had two Eircom engineers working  on the phone line (which was replaced all the way to the pole). Broad band is back (at 0.89Mbps) at least its there.... ComReg complaint "nearly closed"..........

Now just need the complaints dept (JP) to complete the apology letter, package as highlighted by JP and the check on my bills to ensure that the  overcharging was corrected (I note a small credit in the most recent bill thx)

Cheers 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭...__...

at 0.89Mbps

thats not broadband dial up is almost the same as that

Hi Al -

Well - latest just had two Eircom engineers working  on the phone line (which was replaced all the way to the pole). Broad band is back (at 0.89Mbps) at least its there.... ComReg complaint "nearly closed"..........

Now just need the complaints dept (JP) to complete the apology letter, package as highlighted by JP and the check on my bills to ensure that the  overcharging was corrected (I note a small credit in the most recent bill thx)

Cheers 

Hi Evolutionary Guy

I will send this to the attention of complaints to follow up on. You should have a respnse within the next 48 hours.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement