Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planet X Road vs Canyon Road Bikes

Options
  • 24-04-2014 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi everyone, just wondering does anyone have any experience with planet x or canyon and would ye recommend??planet x for £999 full ultegra carbon sounds like a great deal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭smcgui

I have a Canyon Ultimate CF SL 7.0 and I love it. Great bang for buck. I looked around a lot and couldn't get another bike with similar specs anywhere near the price. Everyone I know that has a Canyon also loves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

Two of my friends recently purchased canyons... both with ultegra di2 and both absolutley loving it. ONe of them is in my size, and I had a spin as I'm also in the market myself... I think I might get one.

In terms of value, they are just fantastic. I am very close to getting one... I'll be doing another "week of research" after my exams and will pull the trigger then.... But I think canyon will get the vote.

Canyon online sizing tool is very accurate.. plenty of reviews over in the cycling section and everyone happy. I havent seen near as many planet x bikes at cycling races/out cycling over the last while as I did say, 3 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 jamescantwell

sound lads, im fairly sold on the canyon, great spec and reviews, even for the aluminium version!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I've the Canyon Roadlite.Hope to Get the Planet X when finances allow. Both great bikes from experience and reviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

Trying to decide at the moment on which Canyon I want to buy...Its a toss up between the Ultimate CF SL 7 (Carbon) and the Ultimate AL 8 (Ultegra w/ Krysium wheelset) or the RoadLite AL 7 (Ultegra)...

Although I would love Ultegra, I would also love a carbon frame...Not sure which way to go...Frame vs Groupset etc

(..and no, I cant afford carbon frame and Ultegra together)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭noc231073

Stay away from Planet X there frames are crap .. And customer service worse ..
    Got a grand new frame before Xmas bought if one if the lads as he didn't want it less the 3 months old ... The inner cable guides had come away from the frame and shifting was impossible ... They wouldn't stand over the frame .. Even tough they it was less than 3 months old only because I wasn't the original purchasers ...
    Crap frames ... So I was left with a €1000 door stop....

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dave04

Cona wrote: »
    Trying to decide at the moment on which Canyon I want to buy...Its a toss up between the Ultimate CF SL 7 (Carbon) and the Ultimate AL 8 (Ultegra w/ Krysium wheelset) or the RoadLite AL 7 (Ultegra)...

Although I would love Ultegra, I would also love a carbon frame...Not sure which way to go...Frame vs Groupset etc

(..and no, I cant afford carbon frame and Ultegra together)

I have 2013 al.7 10 sp 105 , it's a super bike for the money , would have liked to get the Al.8 the spec. is even better for the extra money , I'm sure you wont be disappointed either way , I'm a bit old school and love steel and aluminium frames Canyon give them a modern feel with the trickle down technology , A big fan!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭coppinger

I switched from an aluminium guru frame to the planet x carbon frame and the change in frame material was very noticable in terms of increased comfort. If you want an entry level full carbon frame you cant beat them for value, if you look after it it will last (been racing mine for four seasons now). They're obviously not as good as specialized or cervelo but they're good enough until you can afford an upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

I have to go with the Planet x as well I had a Giant defy advanced before my planet x and can see no difference between them and for bang for your cash they cannot be beaten

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭frazzledazzle

Canyon - no question ..............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 jamescantwell

i think im veering towards the canyon lads..but thanks a mill for the repsonses...they've thrown a spanner in the works now by bringing out a brand new model yesterday...endurance CF...full carbon ultegra 6800 for €1899, seems like an unreal bargain..but im still looking at the ultimate ALX 9.0 with SRAM Force 22 for exact same price...

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭frazzledazzle

i think im veering towards the canyon lads..but thanks a mill for the repsonses...they've thrown a spanner in the works now by bringing out a brand new model yesterday...endurance CF...full carbon ultegra 6800 for €1899, seems like an unreal bargain..but im still looking at the ultimate ALX 9.0 with SRAM Force 22 for exact same price...

depends if you want to race or just have a bike to ride all year and in sportives ............... both are great bikes - horses for courses and all that.

Advertisement