Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is with the slow PS3 download speeds.

Options
  • 24-04-2014 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭

I started a 12gb download before I went to work this morning at 7am. I get home at 5 and only 280mb are down. WTF.

I downloaded inFamous SS on the PS4 inside 1 hour. Why is the PS3 so slow and the speeds are only good at night, 1am to 4am. It's been like this since I got it and it's doing my head in. My 360, X1 and PS4 are as fast as my laptop and as fast as my connection speed should be but my PS3 is slower than dail up most of the time. Just don't under stand it. Makes no difference if it wireless or wired either it's just dog slow. Took me 5 days to download Mass Effect 1 last week on a 30mb connection.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 paulnewman408

I seemed to be waiting days to get games to download I found a little trick that I think works if u stop it and start it again u normally get a little boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I seemed to be waiting days to get games to download I found a little trick that I think works if u stop it and start it again u normally get a little boost.

Tried that works for about 5 mins.

I today I started the download again at 7am at 280mb. I got home at 4pm and it was a 5gb. From 4-5pm it went from 5gb - 10gb, wow 5 gigs in one hour :eek: and it has only got 1 gb further in the past 1.5 hrs now and I keep getting signed out of PSN on the PS3 with PSN too busy messages while the PS4 is rock solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Probably their servers getting hammered due to the Easter sale & people getting paid at end of month.

I downloaded Tales of Xillia & Mass Effect trilogy in under a day though (~40Gb total).

Advertisement