Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Benfica V Juventus - (Semi final on 3e)

• 24-04-2014 7:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭

Didn't see a thread so I thought this game deserve one.

Would like to see Benfica get a win tonight.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Cracking start for Benfica. Every time I watch them (not very often I admit) one of their CB's seems to score :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

1-0 Benfica after 2 mins. Garay with the goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Benfica are vicious on the counter!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The volume of posts in this thread tells you everything about the interest in the Europa League.

It was 2-1 in the end to Benfica for the few that care.

I wish UEFA would put this pitiful competition out of its misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

The volume of posts in this thread tells you everything about the interest in the Europa League.

It's only Britain and Ireland that this competition is treated with distain. On the continent it's given the respect a European competition deserves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I enjoyed that far more than Real - Bayern or Atletico - Chelsea.

I had the other game on the laptop, and even that seemed pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

That was a very enjoyable game and all of the players playing obviously cared. If people would actually watch it instead of saying its **** without even looking at it, they would realise its a good competition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

That the UK and Ireland doesn't care about it is kind of irrelevant tbh. It's been a very good year for the competition with a strong semi final line up. The automatic qualification to the CL for the winner has ensured the long term viability of the competition also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Pretty drab game with a wonder goal being the difference. Juve really do for the love of christ need to invest in a good striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Re: UK/Ireland not caring about this - totally agree with this. Look at the EPL teams who fielded weaker sides in it, treating it with no respect.

However, they didn't see it as a means to an end. Look at Atletico Madrid. They treated it seriously when they were in it, winning it twice, and now look at them, on the verge of a CL final spot. I don't think this progress would have been possible for them unless their players had gained vital Euro experience in the Europa League over recent seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

I genuinely think its not given the respect it deserves in the uk because it is not LIVE on sky sports LIVE(cue sound of fireworks)!!!!! And because people in this country see them across the water not taking it seriously they then go oh sher its just a mickey mouse competition! Its not,as a poster already said look at athletico, another example would be porto. The english teams usually get a spanking in it, and that's why they don't take it seriously!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Pretty drab game with a wonder goal being the difference. Juve really do for the love of christ need to invest in a good striker.

They have one in tevez although it was his first european goal in over 5 years apparently, its mad the amount of strikers they have/have had, theyd have two starting and atleast 3 on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭upstairs for coffee

I thought it was an excellent game. Brilliant counter attacking from both teams, Benfica in particular.

I would fancy Benfica to score at Juventus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Got tickets for the final in Turin so hoping Juventus turn this around in the second leg, I imagine the atmosphere in the city will be much greater if a "home" team makes it through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

A full house of over 40,000 packed into Juve's stadium this evening. I think it's fair to say that the Europa League is still a very big competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Save your eyesight - its on ITV4 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Valencia pulverising Sevilla in the other semi :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

As a Man Utd fan haven't seen anything much from Vidal yet tonight to say he's the answer to our MF problems,Pogba not doing a whole lot but playing better.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

mike65 wrote: »
    Save your eyesight - its on ITV4 as well.

Yea but the snorkel wearing Andy Townsend grates on me.

but it beats 3e and there really bad service

Pirlo doesn't do autographs.
    He does you a beautiful oil painting self portrait in the same amount of time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

That would have been an awesome goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭podge79

dont think our Brian likes Juventus too much

The **** is happening here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Can someone tell me wtf is happening here. What were the red cards for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

That would have been an awesome goal

Great control, in fairness. Would have been excellent. Juve very unlucky not to be ahead.

Great entertainment, very tense match. One player on the pitch sent off for Benfica, and a substitute each for Juve and Benfica, too.

klose wrote: »
    The **** is happening here?

there are Italians and Portuguese involved... passionate dramatic people .. throw in football...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Seemed to be a bit of skirmish on the sidelines. Dumb from Markovic, out of the final now are getting sent off as a used sub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Benfica down to 9:eek:

keith16 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me wtf is happening here. What were the red cards for?

bust up on sideline between the benches - juventus thinking benfica players going down playacting breaking up juventus momentum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Rojiblancos

Did he need to send markovic off? Haven't seen a replay but he's been benficas best player by far over the 2 legs shame he'll miss it now, if they hold on to win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Hang on Benfica!

i predict a riot...

Benfica are having some season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Delighted for Benfica and Jorge Jesus! Unlucky Juve. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Delighted for Benfica - deserved.

• Advertisement

how many are benfica missing now for the final?

Sounds like two dramatic semis.

Absolutely sickening for Valencia :( 94 and half minutes.

Should be a good final benfica and sevilla. I wonder will benfica appeal markovics red?

elefant wrote: »

kick in the stones for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Very happy for Benfica but yet again football players illustrating all their worst traits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Delighted for Benfica. 9 men at the end. What were Juve doing? They had a corner against 9 men and they managed to get caught offside. Bizarre!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

As a Man Utd fan haven't seen anything much from Vidal yet tonight to say he's the answer to our MF problems,Pogba not doing a whole lot but playing better.
    Vidal is only half fit, he's been carrying a knee injury for a few weeks. He's been completely out of form any time he has played recently because of it.

When he's on his game I'd say only Yaya Toure is better than him.
    podge79 wrote: »
    there are Italians and Portuguese involved... passionate dramatic people .. throw in football...
    It was all the Balkans who were kicking off on the sideline. Markovic, Sulejmani and Vucinic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

elefant wrote: »

HAHAHHAHAHAHAH **** em

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/90-winner-stephan-mbia-send-sevilla-through-to-final-with-late-header-v-valencia-vine/

To score the eventual winner from a throw is awesome :D

dreamers75 wrote: »

What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Juve have only themselves to blame here. They only needed one goal and failing to get it against a depleted side...yeah you don't really deserve to make it through if you can't do that.

Advertisement