Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oasis reunion

Options
  • 24-04-2014 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

Are oasis getting back together?

Within the last hour Liam has tweeted the letter O. A. S. within 20 minutes of each letter. So waiting for the next tweet.

Has anyone heard anything.

Comments

I love Oasis and I love Liam but he's probably just drunk and looking for attention because his wife is gonzo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

I love Oasis and I love Liam but he's probably just drunk and looking for attention because his wife is gonzo

He married Gonzo? Id say yer wan from the all saints is fuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

No way. Id say he's had one line too many and is stirring sh!t. Noel is making an album at the moment. It won't be out until 2015 and then he'll probably spend at least a year touring so that takes us up to 2016/17. Its far too early to be announcing anything like that.

Maybe they were offered obscene money to headline a festival or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭finno

maybe someone hacked his account, would be great if they did:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

Definitely maybe.

'Some Might Say' single was released today in 1995, their 1st number 1, maybe he is getting emotional

'Some Might Say' single was released today in 1995, their 1st number 1, maybe he is getting emotional

Jayus didn't realise that song is 19 years old, feels like yesterday
    Now i feel old

• Registered Users Posts: 14,852 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Returning for Glastonbury I'd say

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

finno wrote: »
    Within the last hour Liam has tweeted the letter O. A. S. within 20 minutes of each letter. So waiting for the next tweet.
    Maybe he's building an oast house?
    Might explain all that beer TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

The next letter must have been P. Old Age State Pension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Think he was taking the piss with all the fuss about The Libertines reunion

• Registered Users Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭mosstin

Liam? My bet is that he's trying to figure out how to spell the name of the band he spent the better days of his life in. Bet his next tweet is an E though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

this will get more action in here, enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Apparently himself and Bonehead were down in the pub playing with their phones. The reaction shows that the demand is overwhelmingly there for a reunion tour, it will happen at some stage for sure, no matter what NG is saying now.

Everyone will get bored of Noels easy listening music and man city beating united story eventually. He will do it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

The Stone Roses reformed after years of denial.

I would say Oasis will at some stage, but probably not for another 2 years at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

jane82 wrote: »
    Everyone will get bored of Noels easy listening music and man city beating united story eventually. He will do it then.

Easy listening music, come on Jane,Got to say Noel's Solo album was the best thing he's done since Be Here Now.
    Nah I don't want Oasis to reunite, it was really bloated at the end plus I want the legend to build hopefully they delete everything after Be Here Now, They really became like Status Quo. Liam was shouting rather then singing (he was doing this from 1998 onwards) and the crowds at their gigs became even bigger prats then Liam.

Any Definitely Maybe and WTSMG are awesome, as are the b-sides from that era and Be Here Now was very good, over bloated sure, but still strong. After that it really went downhill apart from the odd single here and there.

its only a matter of time before they get back together.
    Money talks as they say

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Looper007 wrote: »
    Easy listening music, come on Jane,Got to say Noel's Solo album was the best thing he's done since Be Here Now.
    Nah I don't want Oasis to reunite, it was really bloated at the end plus I want the legend to build hopefully they delete everything after Be Here Now, They really became like Status Quo. Liam was shouting rather then singing (he was doing this from 1998 onwards) and the crowds at their gigs became even bigger prats then Liam.

Any Definitely Maybe and WTSMG are awesome, as are the b-sides from that era and Be Here Now was very good, over bloated sure, but still strong. After that it really went downhill apart from the odd single here and there.

Be Here Now has been widely acknowledged as being rubbish bar 1 or 2 songs, even by members of the band. The first 2 albums were great. The next 3 were not great and the last 2 were great. Dig Out Your Soul is my third favourite after the first 2 so I think it would be a real shame if they were to ignore everything after Be Here Now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

First two albums are special.

Be Here Now is a coked up full out rock and ****in roll album and I love it, but I still would have added 'Going Nowhere' and 'Stay Young'.

SOTSOG is so underrated, the likes of Gas Panic and Go Let it Out, the music press criticised them for not evolving their sound and when they did they still wrote it off. Class album imo, I would have added 'One Way Road' and 'Lets All Make Believe.'

Heathen was a beut, we got Hindu Times, Little by Little, Songbird, and Born on a Different Cloud out of it. Liamo channeling Lennon. :pac:

DBTT was solid, the opener by Bell, Archer? is epic. IOBI, Lyla, and let their be love are great tracks. I also like Noel's Part of the Queue.

DOYS was a bit of a let down for me, I hated shock of the lightening and Outta Time. The rest of the record was average in my opinion, Falling Down was an obvious influence of Noel befriended Serge from Kasabian, nice song but it felt a little too forced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Time heals rifts. If nothing else it will be Noel's ego that will eventually bring him back to the fold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Time heals rifts. If nothing else it will be Noel's ego that will eventually bring him back to the fold.

I dunno. Noel hangs around with Paul Weller and Johnny Marr and those lads won't be getting back with their old bands any time soon!

It's a club Noel likes being a member of.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Temaz wrote: »
    I dunno. Noel hangs around with Paul Weller and Johnny Marr and those lads won't be getting back with their old bands any time soon!

It's a club Noel likes being a member of.

I reckon that The Smiths will do one last tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

buyer95 wrote: »
    I reckon that The Smiths will do one last tour.

Nah, I could never see that happening, especially with Mike Joyce. I could maybe see Morrissey and Marr doing a collaboration or something though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Happy birthday Noel!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Looper007 wrote: »
    Liam was shouting rather then singing (he was doing this from 1998 onwards)

He's still doing it. Look up any recent Beady Eye concert footage and he's doing the same thing.

His voice is gone, completely. Listen to the BE recordings even, its a weak wavering mess. Years of smoking and drinking and neglect led to that, plus his microphone stance wouldn't have helped his vocal chords. He was obviously "too rock n roll" to look after his voice.

For that reason, an Oasis reunion wouldn't interest me - the only thing I'd be interested in seeing would be Bonehead / Guigsy / McCarroll or White onstage with them again. But as soon as Liam opens his mouth... forget about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

He's still doing it. Look up any recent Beady Eye concert footage and he's doing the same thing.

His voice is gone, completely. Listen to the BE recordings even, its a weak wavering mess. Years of smoking and drinking and neglect led to that, plus his microphone stance wouldn't have helped his vocal chords. He was obviously "too rock n roll" to look after his voice.

For that reason, an Oasis reunion wouldn't interest me - the only thing I'd be interested in seeing would be Bonehead / Guigsy / McCarroll or White onstage with them again. But as soon as Liam opens his mouth... forget about it.
    Completely agree about Liams voice, I could hear it in 2000 on the SOTSOG tour.

an Oasis reunion of Bonehead, Guigs, McCarroll would be interesting, I doubt Guigs has picked up his bass since he left in 1999. Maybe measure the three lads up against Gem, Bell and Zak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

The acoustic gig Beady Eye did for absolute radio was pretty decent vocals wise.

He can still sing but only when he's really concentrating on it. He spends too much time shaping around the place that the vocal performance becomes almost an after thought when all the fans want to see/hear is a decent sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Batesy wrote: »
    The acoustic gig Beady Eye did for absolute radio was pretty decent vocals wise.

He can still sing but only when he's really concentrating on it. He spends too much time shaping around the place that the vocal performance becomes almost an after thought when all the fans want to see/hear is a decent sound.

That's true, I heard that one and was reasonably impressed. But his voice is weak - you can tell from the timbre, and the way it wobbles. I sing myself and can recognise a tired voice, and his is way tired. All those years of trying to shout over a massive stadium of noise. I often wondered whether his own voice level wasn't loud enough in his earpiece all those years!

(Compare the 1994 acoustic thing they did for MTV and you'll hear the difference in his voice to now)

Advertisement