Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to buy gravel type stones for the garden?

Options
  • 24-04-2014 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Just wondering where is the best place (cheapest)to buy a few bags (not the really big ones) of stones for the garden? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Brown's on Minister Road in Lusk always good to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭micraX

whites agri in lusk

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭alexanderomahon

LeoB wrote: »

Thanks Leo. I had not used Brown's before but their service is great. Got some gravel and just ordered some fence panels. B and Q said that if I want fence panels delivered (25 euro charge) I must be in on such and such a day, whereas Brown's asked when do I want them. Also delivery was free to Rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

what price where the fence panels?

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭alexanderomahon

30 euro for 5ft high and 6 ft high. Width is 1.8m.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

LeoB wrote: »
    micraX wrote: »
    whites agri in lusk

Yes, Brown's are very helpful and Whites have a great selection.

But but......B&Q???? Their Airside branch ONLY has self-serve checkouts now - fine for groceries but try manhandling anything bigger than a can of paint across the scanner! "Unexpected item...." The humans they employ to solve the breakdowns outnumber the humans they could have on normal checkouts!

So, B&Q for my window shopping but I buy elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

BrensBenz wrote: »
    Yes, Brown's are very helpful and Whites have a great selection.

But but......B&Q???? Their Airside branch ONLY has self-serve checkouts now - fine for groceries but try manhandling anything bigger than a can of paint across the scanner! "Unexpected item...." The humans they employ to solve the breakdowns outnumber the humans they could have on normal checkouts!

So, B&Q for my window shopping but I buy elsewhere.

I would not even window shop there if they have no checkout assistants. In my opinion this is awful service and all the more reason to stick with the family run business like Brown's and Whites

Bit like some of the banks really. I refuse to use the lodgement machines in the banks as Iv seen on a few visits to Swords they don't always work, money jammed and to get one of the staff to try and rectify it was impossible. Have made a complaint to their head office but should have went into Dublin and told the swans on Stephens green.

Advertisement