Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't sync apps to iphone 4s now

• 24-04-2014 8:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭

Hey all, not sure what I have changed or what has happened.
    When I connect my iphone to itunes on my computer I have it set to autosync. When I click on the phone icon in itunes I can select and add my music, podcasts etc. When I click on the apps tab, my list of apps show but the install buttons for each appears to be greyed out and not available to be selected to sync to phone.
    I can't click on the auto add new apps either. It's greyed out too. Then I tried to drag the apps from the list over to where it allows you to rearrange your homescreen. The image for the two new apps I want to install drag over but don't sync with the phone.
    I deleted some music and podcasts to see if it was a space issue (which it shouldn't have been anyway) but that wasn't it.
    when i got the phone on sunday, I selected and synced all the music and apps I wanted but now the latest two apps are downloaded to itunes but can't / won't add to the phone.
    At a loss why it doesn't just do it.

Any help would be appreciated. The transport app is so useful so want it installed soon.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Hey all, not sure what I have changed or what has happened.
    When I connect my iphone to itunes on my computer I have it set to autosync. When I click on the phone icon in itunes I can select and add my music, podcasts etc. When I click on the apps tab, my list of apps show but the install buttons for each appears to be greyed out and not available to be selected to sync to phone.
    I can't click on the auto add new apps either. It's greyed out too. Then I tried to drag the apps from the list over to where it allows you to rearrange your homescreen. The image for the two new apps I want to install drag over but don't sync with the phone.
    I deleted some music and podcasts to see if it was a space issue (which it shouldn't have been anyway) but that wasn't it.
    when i got the phone on sunday, I selected and synced all the music and apps I wanted but now the latest two apps are downloaded to itunes but can't / won't add to the phone.
    At a loss why it doesn't just do it.

Any help would be appreciated. The transport app is so useful so want it installed soon.

Thanks

Firstly, do you have the main check box at the top of the app page enabled? So when you click onto your iPhone in iTunes and then go to the apps tab is the check box selected to sync apps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

DubDJ wrote: »
    Firstly, do you have the main check box at the top of the app page enabled? So when you click onto your iPhone in iTunes and then go to the apps tab is the check box selected to sync apps?

That's the weird part, there is no check box like on the other pages. Just the word Apps on the top but no check box and the check box at the bottom is greyed out. I have checked to see have I premitted wifi sync or some auto update but I think everything is as it should be. I've no idea. THanks for your help though.

I've just updated to the latest OS now too and it's still the same. I'll like through my settings in the phone again. Ah, one other thing I don't seem to have an app store app / itunes app on my phone. SHould it be there or do you download the app from itunes. Of all things i presumed that would be in the core OS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I've just updated to the latest OS now too and it's still the same. I'll like through my settings in the phone again. Ah, one other thing I don't seem to have an app store app / itunes app on my phone. SHould it be there or do you download the app from itunes. Of all things i presumed that would be in the core OS.

If it's definitely not there and definitely not in a folder, look in a Settings > General > Restrictions.

Zcott wrote: »
    If it's definitely not there and definitely not in a folder, look in a Settings > General > Restrictions.

Yep, that's it. Have the app back and now i can hit the automatically ad new apps in itunes again. Thanks, not sure why I couldn't get if figured :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement