Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US netflix for Roku 3

• 24-04-2014 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I got my roku 3 in the post today and I've been all day setting it up.

I use unblock us and want to unblock the roku.

I change the IP address in my router, I've set up my roku as American using a US address but yet the netflix is still coming up as the Irish version.

I can't for the life of me figure out why. My netflix is coming up in the US version in my iPhone and all all other laptops. The roku American 'search' option and all other American channels are there. The netflix comes up as the US version initially when I sign in but then revert back in a minute.

Has anyone any suggestions or success stories?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 gillmelly

Not very ethical. I don't like big companies either, but it's no excuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Reset your Roku, do the american DNS thing, Sign up for american roku account while "in america", Id say your signed up in Ireland !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

gillmelly wrote: »
    Not very ethical. I don't like big companies either, but it's no excuse.

Why ?

Everyone's getting paid anyway.

Better than ripping off stuff on Torrents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭kuro_man

You need to set up a static route on your router:
    destination: 8.8.8.8
    subnet: 255.255.255.255
    gateway: unused valid local ip address...eg if your router is 192.168.1.1 use 192.168.1.2

Apparantly netflix on roku uses a hardcoded google router to ignore dns on your router. instructions on unblockus website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭VictorRomeo

kuro_man wrote: »
    You need to set up a static route on your router:
    destination: 8.8.8.8
    subnet: 255.255.255.255
    gateway: unused valid local ip address...eg if your router is 192.168.1.1 use 192.168.1.2

Apparantly netflix on roku uses a hardcoded google router to ignore dns on your router. instructions on unblockus website.

This. I use Unotelly - service similar to Unblock. Here's more info.

http://help.unotelly.com/support/articles/9488-setting-up-unodns-on-your-roku-us-

Apple TV is easier to work with DNS services as are most 'Smart' TV and BD players I've also heard that the new Amazon Fire TV device allows DNS change.

• Advertisement
Advertisement