Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else fed up with being single right now?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

It did hurt around the bottom near my ankle haha, but i love it :)

It's very cool. I want one have few ideas but going to wait till I'm 100% sure what I want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Looks great TP! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

heyday30 wrote: »
    It's very cool. I want one have few ideas but going to wait till I'm 100% sure what I want.

Thank you :) yeah your better off knowing exactly what you want
    Looks great TP! :)

Thank ya :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Awesome tattoo TP!

I'm getting a tardis inside a circle inside a cyclohexane structure (with the circle it's benzene). It combines my 3 favourite things-Dr. Who, Harry Potter (the circle is the resurrection stone in the deathly hallows symbol) and Chemistry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Nice tatt, TP.

I have 5, and another few planned. I remember one guy I was interested in when I had 3 tattoos, told me he would only go out with me if I promised never to get any more because he didn't like them :pac: everyone else I've dated has loved them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I feel like the only person in the world who doesn't like tattoos. Although I had a "friend" who had a stick man with a lawnmower tattooed on his crotch and I thought that was the funniest thing I ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

I feel like the only person in the world who doesn't like tattoos. Although I had a "friend" who had a stick man with a lawnmower tattooed on his crotch and I thought that was the funniest thing I ever seen
    i dont like them... in 20 plus yrs we will see old folk on zimmer frames and wrinkly tatts....yyuk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

chrysagon wrote: »
    i dont like them... in 20 plus yrs we will see old folk on zimmer frames and wrinkly tatts....yyuk

In 20 years we will all look like crap anyway, so who cares.

I find tattoos very attractive on female body. Each to its own I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/condescending-wonka-tattoos.jpg

:D

No but seriously, each to their own and all that jazz, not everyone likes tattoos, but I HATE when people tell me I'll regret them when I'm older.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭CarpeDiem85

I'm really not a fan of tatts either, especially the ones that cover a lot of your body. I don't mind a small one. My cousins has a small butterfly on her foot to remember her Mum by, I like that idea. I just can't get over how popular they've become in the last 5 years. It's actually so hard to find guys who don't have tattoos now.

yeah there are few of us unpainted billboards about....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I'm really not a fan of tatts either, especially the ones that cover a lot of your body. I don't mind a small one. My cousins has a small butterfly on her foot to remember her Mum by, I like that idea. I just can't get over how popular they've become in the last 5 years. It's actually so hard to find guys who don't have tattoos now.

I've wanted to get something like this for years. It's a Fibonacci spiral.
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_7OQPwNu8f5M/S6wOWn36tOI/AAAAAAAABMg/PQsaOiivVOc/s1600/lauren_trails.png

Yes, I'm a complete nerd.

tattoo's can be over done. Some can look ugly. In general though it can be more of an enhancement than a detraction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭CarpeDiem85

Grayson wrote: »
    I've wanted to get something like this for years. It's a Fibonacci spiral.
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_7OQPwNu8f5M/S6wOWn36tOI/AAAAAAAABMg/PQsaOiivVOc/s1600/lauren_trails.png

Yes, I'm a complete nerd.

tattoo's can be over done. Some can look ugly. In general though it can be more of an enhancement than a detraction.

My body is a temple and all that. I'm quesy about needles as it is. I couldn't sit for hours getting a tattoo done.

i knew one guy with tats..yet couldnt give blood............he hated the idea of needle in the vein

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Ankhyu wrote: »
    http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/condescending-wonka-tattoos.jpg

:D

No but seriously, each to their own and all that jazz, not everyone likes tattoos, but I HATE when people tell me I'll regret them when I'm older.

Yeah it's such nonsense. "Imagine how they'll look when you're all wrinkly in your 80s". Yeah, it'll be irrelevant, because I'll be all wrinkly and in my 80s!

• Advertisement

My body is a temple and all that. I'm quesy about needles as it is. I couldn't sit for hours getting a tattoo done.

my body is more of a celtic tiger flat. Ok to look at, shaky foundations and you'd probably have trouble selling it in the current market.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

i knew one guy with tats..yet couldnt give blood............he hated the idea of needle in the vein

I'm like that too and I can't understand the logic of it :o Blood, veins and needles make me queasy, and I've fainted while giving a tiny blood sample. But a tattoo gun doesn't look or feel like a needle, because they're so much smaller, and the sensation is different. That's about the most sense I can make of it myself anyway... :/

Ankhyu wrote: »
    I'm like that too and I can't understand the logic of it :o Blood, veins and needles make me queasy, and I've fainted while giving a tiny blood sample. But a tattoo gun doesn't look or feel like a needle, because they're so much smaller, and the sensation is different. That's about the most sense I can make of it myself anyway... :/

thx for the explanation:D

Yeah it's such nonsense. "Imagine how they'll look when you're all wrinkly in your 80s". Yeah, it'll be irrelevant, because I'll be all wrinkly and in my 80s!

Jaysus, 80! Who the feck wants to get 80! I just hope I won't last that long and go out doing something fun and stupid before I need adult diapers and a buffet of pills!!! :D

Jaysus, 80! Who the feck wants to get 80! I just hope I won't last that long and go out doing something fun and stupid before I need adult diapers and a buffet of pills!!! :D

I'm hoping I last long enough for them to cure ageing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I know some pretty awesome and (thankfully) in good health 80 year olds. Age is only a number! I know a few people around my own age so wallowed in self pity they are living a life half dead already.

I know some pretty awesome and (thankfully) in good health 80 year olds. Age is only a number! I know a few people around my own age so wallowed in self pity they are living a life half dead already.
    You can't help getting older, but you don't have to get old.:rolleyes:maybe growing up without growing old:cool:

I don't like tattoos either but each to their own as Ank said. I don't get preachy about it.

Karsini wrote: »
    I don't like tattoos either but each to their own as Ank said. I don't get preachy about it.
    you just did!!!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I don't plan to ever die if I can help it. :p I suspect you'll change your mind when you're 79.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I quite like tattoos and piercings on girls but it depends on the tattoo really. A lot of people have really generic tattoos and you wonder why did they even bother but then other tattoos are highly creative and original and they look awesome.

you just did!!!:p
    Giving an opinion isn't being preachy. Explaining why you have that opinion and why others should follow your lead, now that's being preachy.

I don't plan to ever die if I can help it. :p I suspect you'll change your mind when you're 79.
    There was a programme on local radio a while back, discussing old age and death etc, it was a humerous view of it all, some contributors had some very funny stories, always remember one guy stating that he felt,
    Suicide was man's way of telling God, 'You can't fire me - I quit., strange the things people say:o
    single life is so under rated!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

You can have a great retired life at 70 odd if you keep yourself well. I'm hoping I'll be an old hottie :)

eternal wrote: »
    You can have a great retired life at 70 odd if you keep yourself well. I'm hoping I'll be an old hottie :)
    or as we say

:DCOUGAR

• Advertisement

or as we say

:DCOUGAR

No, by then I'll be with a nice man.

siblers wrote: »
    I quite like tattoos and piercings on girls but it depends on the tattoo really. A lot of people have really generic tattoos and you wonder why did they even bother but then other tattoos are highly creative and original and they look awesome.

This.
    I've wanted a tattoo for a while now n have in my mind what I Want. It's different but meaningful to me.

Finished work. Time for shower and off to town for a few drinks! :D My plan off "staying at home this weekend" have failed. AGAIN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Finished work. Time for shower and off to town for a few drinks! :D My plan off "staying at home this weekend" have failed. AGAIN!

Enjoy your night man. Wow its been a while since had a night out out. Maybe i should become a monk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

mg1982 wrote: »
    Enjoy your night man. Wow its been a while since had a night out out. Maybe i should become a monk.

Don't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

What's wrong with being a monk?

catallus wrote: »
    What's wrong with being a monk?

Plenty of Buckfast? How bad.
    I'm not going out tonight, I've started working out with kettlebells and am very stiff. I don't fancy walking in high shoes then standing or dancing while everyone around me is high or drunk. I'm seriously getting old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Plenty of Buckfast? How bad.
    I'm not going out tonight, I've started working out with kettlebells and am very stiff. I don't fancy walking in high shoes then standing or dancing while everyone around me is high or drunk. I'm seriously getting old.

Come on Eternal....thats losing talk!

Come on Eternal....thats losing talk!

I know. It's just my mood today. To be honest I can barely move so going out isn't an option. Might go for pints for the Liverpool game tomorrow though.

• Advertisement

I know. It's just my mood today. To be honest I can barely move so going out isn't an option. Might go for pints for the Liverpool game tomorrow though.

If you could give Raheem a wee cheer for me that may help him score some points for my fantasy football team who badly need some points from him.

If you could give Raheem a wee cheer for me that may help him score some points for my fantasy football team who badly need some points from him.

It'll be a good game, Southampton are on fire.

It'll be a good game, Southampton are on fire.

I would like to add that without Bertrand they will be lacking something, but after getting kicked out of this thread for discussing scented candles....I need to be careful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

What kind of scented candles?

I hope they weren't lavender :mad:

I would like to add that without Bertrand they will be lacking something, but after getting kicked out of this thread for discussing scented candles....I need to be careful.

I'm not as up on football as I used to be but I'm guessing it will be a cracker. Liverpool will be lucky to win I think.

I could not comment....but if you really want to know...

• Advertisement

I could not comment....but if you really want to know...

I looked up all those candles after that. I don't think I could spend that much on wax but I usually have scented candles lighting at night, it's something I like.

What's wrong with lavender candles? I like lavender candles. ?

I looked up all those candles after that. I don't think I could spend that much on wax but I usually have scented candles lighting at night, it's something I like.

We get them as presents from my sister every christmas. Have to get 12 months out of the candle....but they are nice.

I am probably Tilly banned from this thread again for discussing candles. Bye all!

We get them as presents from my sister every christmas. Have to get 12 months out of the candle....but they are nice.

I am probably Tilly banned from this thread again for discussing candles. Bye all!

It's relative like cos I would spend money on things then that others wouldn't. I couldn't last a year tbough, I'd just use it till it's gone. The one I have now is blueberry or something.

tis fair chilly tonight. Only a night for cuddling. ;)

Must get me pillow.....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement