Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else fed up with being single right now?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Or we're all too good looking..........yeah lets go with that.

I’m pretty sure there’s a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking. And I plan on finding out what that is

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭CarpeDiem85

I’m pretty sure there’s a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking. And I plan on finding out what that is

:pac:

Lollllzzzzzzzz :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I'm content with my appearance.

Lollllzzzzzzzz :D

So much of my life can be related to zoolander, especially the scene with the model of the building

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭The Wallflower

So much of my life can be related to zoolander, especially the scene with the model of the building

It's got to be at least.............3 time bigger than this.

#MugatuTheMan

I can't remember seeing it, you shouldn't have told me you nicked that quote. Then I would have thought you were young, good looking and funny :D

It's got to be at least.............3 time bigger than this.

#MugatuTheMan

Gotta love it, for anyone whos bothered watching it, imagine zoolander (in the suit) as my lecturer

I can't remember seeing it, you shouldn't have told me you nicked that quote. Then I would have thought you were young, good looking and funny :D

But i am! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Kelly06

Yeah ... Right..,, that's why we're all single ...

A big pack of roides we are !

Kelly06 wrote: »

You can be single and good looking, can't you?

• Advertisement

We're intimidating to approach :)

eternal wrote: »
    I'm content with my appearance.

I am too. :) Being single ain't down to looks anyway.

Karsini wrote: »

Thank you :)

Surrreeeee :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

We're a selective pack of roides :p

I'm very content with my looks :) Just slightly shy is my problem as women are terrifying lol

• Advertisement

I'm very content with my looks :) Just slightly shy is my problem as women are terrifying lol

You are still young, you will grow as a person and learn more about yourself but I can't promise ever understanding women!

Your dead right. What's attractive to some is not at all to others

I'll be your Mentor. I'll meet you in the Pulse some night, I'll give you an earpiece and tell you what to say :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Kelly06

You can be single and good looking, can't you?

Ye can of course but sure there's loads of us in here . Looks are subjective anyways.!

I'll be your Mentor. I'll meet you in the Pulse some night, I'll give you an earpiece and tell you what to say :)

Sounds good :) LK won't know what hit it :)

• Advertisement

Sounds good :) LK won't know what hit it :)

I'll linger in a dingy corner while you work your/my magic :)

I don't drink so upping the courage to talk to women on a night out is that much harder :)

Sounds seedy but motivational ;)

I don't drink so upping the courage to talk to women on a night out is that much harder :)

On the nights out where I was driving I used to be really irritated by drunk men falling all over me.I don't think anyone drinking realises how annoying they are to sober people.

Sounds seedy but motivational ;)

Thinking exactly the same eternal

On the nights out where I was driving I used to be really irritated by drunk men falling all over me.I don't think anyone drinking realises how annoying they are to sober people.

I find that the girls that aren't drinking that much are usually in a group of girls (the lions den as I call it) and the ones that do let loose are falling all over themselves and not the most attractive trait for a sober guy.

I went back to Tinder a few days ago, matched with a girl within hours and she started chatting to me. I think my quiet nature is making it really hard though.

I went back to Tinder a few days ago, matched with a girl within hours and she started chatting to me. I think my quiet nature is making it really hard though.

Did you have success with it before Karsini? I've found dating sites not easy

heyday30 wrote: »

I'm not going on them anymore. The walking vagina vibe isn't doing it for me and there's no way I'd join Tinder.

This was my previous Tinder experience...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=94192824#post94192824

Wasn't particularly good!

• Advertisement

I'm not going on them anymore. The walking vagina vibe isn't doing it for me and there's no way I'd join Tinder.

Yeah I hear ya. Joined POF there last year for a few weeks not for me. Found it all too fake tbh.
    I did arrange to meet a fella but alas it never happened. Not great for the confidence

Yeah I hear ya. Joined POF there last year for a few weeks not for me. Found it all too fake tbh.
    I did arrange to meet a fella but alas it never happened. Not great for the confidence

Don't let it knock you, they are the ones with no balls or guts to meet.

Don't let it knock you, they are the ones with no balls or guts to meet.

God I won't I'm a lot more hard skinned now. I'm happy for the most part single get the odd longing for affection. Whats meant to be won't pass.

This was my previous Tinder experience...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=94192824#post94192824

Wasn't particularly good!

You dogged a whole lotta bullets there Imo.

Dating site etiquette: hello dear, can I worship your feep?
    Yes, feep.

Dating site etiquette: hello dear, can I worship your feep?
    Yes, feep.

Or I can come meet for an hour cause the wife will be asking questions. I sh1t you not. After 2 days chatting to 'single male'. Lies all lies !!!

Or I can come meet for an hour cause the wife will be asking questions. I sh1t you not. After 2 days chatting to 'single male'. Lies all lies !!!

Some poor bitch wife at home then. It would make you sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

i have had no luck with pof, im very quite type too so that doesnt help. Got chatting to a girl who lived in another county there recently on pof, we seemed to get on fine and exchanged phone numbers, then she wanted me to drive up to meet her, i told its a long drive like 2 hours but she got offended, i always seem to say the wrong thing and put my foot in it with women, story of my life.

Lads, just to cheer you up.

• Advertisement

Lads, just to cheer you up.

Fcuking brilliant. Exactly this most nights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

mg1982 wrote: »
    i have had no luck with pof, im very quite type too so that doesnt help. Got chatting to a girl who lived in another county there recently on pof, we seemed to get on fine and exchanged phone numbers, then she wanted me to drive up to meet her, i told its a long drive like 2 hours but she got offended, i always seem to say the wrong thing and put my foot in it with women, story of my life.

This made me laugh man, you should have said, 'eh can you not meet me half way like at the Apple-Green or something', and if she replies, 'yes ok North Bound' you should say, 'eh South Bound would be a lot handier for me' :cool:.......
    Anyway all joking aside>> you should have gone up there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

mg1982 wrote: »
    This made me laugh man, you should have said, 'eh can you not meet me half way like at the Apple-Green or something', and if she replies, 'yes ok North Bound' you should say, 'eh South Bound would be a lot handier for me' :cool:.......
    Anyway all joking aside>> you should have gone up there :)

I disagree Sam Quentin. Why couldn't she offer to come up to mg1982 if she was soo interested in meeting him. Or at least offer to meet halfway from the very beginning.

I know that feeling mg1982. I got talking to a girl on pof before who had "Dublin" in her profile for where she was living. We got on fantastically well. It turned out that she didn't live up here, her job entailed her being in Dublin at least one week a month (some times not all at once). She actually lived in Tralee. I decided that it was a lie but not a deal breaker as I probably would have still been interested in talking to her anyway had she said she lived in Tralee from the outset.

Anyway. She asked me to come down to Tralee one day, for a day date. She was going to a party that night, to which I wasn't invited to. When I expressed my trepidation at a 3 odd hour drive each way for an hour or two date she accused me of being a tease and leading her on. I saw that she was a bit of a loo laa and just told her not to contact me anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

i have a strict 10 minute round trip rule...

if shes anymore..it aint gonna happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

chrysagon wrote: »
    i have a strict 10 minute round trip rule...

if shes anymore..it aint gonna happen!

Please tell me that you are joking when you say 10 mins ha ha ha

nah the 10 mins doesnt include getting jiggy with it...

• Advertisement

nah the 10 mins doesnt include getting jiggy with it...

I bet you still live at home... 'Chrysagon your dinner will be ready in 10 minutes'. 'Alright Mum/Dad, I'm just popping out to the shops for 10'. You come back light as a feather!

You literally want the girl next door type!

I bet you still live at home... 'Chrysagon your dinner will be ready in 10 minutes'. 'Alright Mum/Dad, I'm just popping out to the shops for 10'. You come back light as a feather!

You literally want the girl next door type!

i live alone, within myself, like a hut within the woods,
    I place my heart high upon a shelf,
    Barren of other goods!:)

i live alone, within myself, like a hut within the woods,
    I place my heart high upon a shelf,
    Barren of other goods!:)

That was beautiful. You want someone who is geographically convenient though, you need to start putting more petrol in the tank love.

I just deleted my POF account yesterday. It was rough. So many beautiful girls with some not too far away from me and got barely any replies.
    I'd like to think i'm a good looking guy and I thought I gave a good description of myself etc but it was so depressing.

So many girls saying they want 'someone that will make them laugh' or 'to treat them right' etc and then they don't even message back.

Sorry.....Rant over :)

That was beautiful. You want someone who is geographically convenient though, you need to start putting more petrol in the tank love.
    loadsa fuel in my tank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:P

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement