Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else fed up with being single right now?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

General consensus is to smile more and endear men or women to you. You're welcome for my insight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭CarpeDiem85

Don't get out with them that often but I know what ya mean. I must try :)

Why don't you organise a night out in LK! The perfect opportunity for you to mingle with them. Even if 5 out of 30 showed up, it's still a good display.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭The Wallflower

Why don't you organise a night out in LK! The perfect opportunity for you to mingle with them. Even if 5 out of 30 showed up, it's still a good display.

I'm class rep so organising a class party in a few weeks in Sligo. Thats where we are in college.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Nozzer

Knasher wrote: »
    I work as a computer programmer, so pretty much an equal but opposite problem.

I know a lot of people complain about being friendzoned, but honestly at this stage I'd probably welcome that, just so I can have a little bit of interaction going. Talking to women isn't something I'm generally good, and I'm not getting any better in such a male dominated industry.

Yeah I totally get what you mean. Being friends with the opposite sex would open a few doors anyway, the social circle would widen and you'd never know who you might meet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭CarpeDiem85

I'm class rep so organising a class party in a few weeks in Sligo. Thats where we are in college.

You're blessed amongst women. The odds are definitely in your favour :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Most?!

Most?!

Sorry??? :P :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

I hope the students In Sligo are more responsive to your efforts than the ones in Mary I were to mine.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

leahyl wrote: »
    But like what are you meant to do - go around with a big grin pasted across your face?! I actually have no idea what my face is like on a night out (!) but I would hope that I don't look sour, although I have got comments in the past "cheer up, it may never happen" - that ****e! Although now I'm beginning to think there may be some truth to that!!! It may never happen :-(

That "cheer up" ****e really bugs me :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

eternal wrote: »
    General consensus is to smile more and endear men or women to you. You're welcome for my insight.

what of those who looked like they've escaped from some mental institution/just creepy when they smile:o

• Advertisement

what of those who looked like they've escaped from some mental institution/just creepy when they smile:o
    Haha yeah! Even when I get the braces off I don't think I'll be doing that.

If a girl smiled in my direction then I would prob try and build up the courage to go over to her. Sadly hasn't happened yet lol

Argh, another lovey dovey couple in front of me on the bus! I have to get driving. :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

If a girl smiled in my direction then I would prob try and build up the courage to go over to her. Sadly hasn't happened yet lol

Same here lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

I work in a hospital as a healthcare assistant so im surrounded by ladies. But when im at work i just tend to concentrate on that really. Hospitals tend not to be a place to hit on women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Awww. I want to give ye all a hug.

mg1982 wrote: »
    I work in a hospital as a healthcare assistant so im surrounded by ladies. But when im at work i just tend to concentrate on that really. Hospitals tend not to be a place to hit on women.

You never know they are sick their guard is down. . just kidding :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

I'm in the same boat. But, I'd tend to wonder whether she's just being friendly, or if there is interest there. Do I approach, strike up conversation and, if we hit it off, we can date and take things from there? Or, do I approach feeling that there is mutual interest there only to be turned down and make myself look like a gobs**te? Sure, I do smile at people in general, as I am a friendly chap, but if I do smile at a girl I'm interested in when I'm out or whatever, I don't tend to get the same in return!

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

So no word from mr Friday night..can't understand why a fella would spend time fawning and then not make contact when I said I was interested in heading on a date. Men!

heyday30 wrote: »

G'wan so sure :D

• Advertisement

So no word from mr Friday night..can't understand why a fella would spend time fawning and then not make contact when I said I was interested in heading on a date. Men!

:(,deos he have your number??

G'wan so sure :D

Squeezy *hugs* all for seph. Rest of ye don't seem to want them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I'll gladly take a hug.

Been a while, so out of practise. :o

Sorry to hear that Sucks. Dating world is brutal.

Squeezy *hugs* all for seph. Rest of ye don't seem to want them.

\o/

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I'll gladly take a hug.

Been a while, so out of practise. :o

Ah ted Mon so *hug* :)

Oh me me me me. I wanna hug!

things that make me fear I shall forever be single. My anxiety and confidence.
    Tis the fact that I've been on my own for so long now I've become very used to my own company.

things that make me fear I shall forever be single. My anxiety and confidence.
    Tis the fact that I've been on my own for so long now I've become very used to my own company.

being honest...im so happy on my own at times...its a fear that if I don't try il just end up like a crazy old bacelour farmer :/

once you happy enough on your own is my main thing IMO

though are any single people here doing anything this weekend/today to end being single???
    like msging different/new wans,heading out,doing their hobbies?? etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Nozzer

Group hug! :)

You never know they are sick their guard is down. . just kidding :D

I have a funny feeling that it could be a sackable offence. :P

Oh me me me me. I wanna hug![/quote

Ahhh all jumping on the bandwagon now eh.... * hugs* wallflower

Oh me me me me. I wanna hug![/quote

Ahhh all jumping on the bandwagon now eh.... * hugs* wallflower

Ya star ya Heyday :)

This made me laugh man, you should have said, 'eh can you not meet me half way like at the Apple-Green or something', and if she replies, 'yes ok North Bound' you should say, 'eh South Bound would be a lot handier for me' :cool:.......
    Anyway all joking aside>> you should have gone up there :)

Yea your might man, i should have said i would go up,

being honest...im so happy on my own at times...its a fear that if I don't try il just end up like a crazy old bacelour farmer :/

though are any single people here doing anything this weekend/today to end being single???

Yep, that's it I'm kinda happy in my own little bubble for the most part but I feel I'm missing out sometimes. I'll end up the crazy old woman with a heap of dogs lol

• Advertisement

:(,deos he have your number??

Yeah I gave it to him Friday night.. We spent a couple hours chatting and he said he wanted to take me out Sunday night I said I'd be up for that and to give me a text....

Era sure it happens!

Im kind of comfortable with the single life too which is scary in a way cos ur always made feel its natural to want a partner in life, but tbh its not a priority for me.

I was thinking of looking for hobbies that are predominantly women to try and meet some. Was thinking Pilates :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

try soccer!!

chrysagon wrote: »
    try soccer!!

Throw on a wig and join a womens team. Im good to go.

• Advertisement

I was thinking of looking for hobbies that are predominantly women to try and meet some. Was thinking Pilates :)

Tag rugby is meant to be great for meeting women, was thinking of taking it up.

Tag rugby is meant to be great for meeting women, was thinking of taking it up.

Heard that. One possibility.

Go for it..Pilates is good for the body and spirit in any case! Go for a smaller class will be better for a beginner and more likely to get to know people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Well I had a lot planned this weekend hobby wise, but I had a few cancellations so it never happened. :( I put off a potential date with a girl I was chatting to on POF to make things worse, as I had this thing planned for a while. I'm in two minds about her though. She looks nice in 2 of her photos but looks very unattractive in the other 2.

Well I had a lot planned this weekend hobby wise, but I had a few cancellations so it never happened. :( I put off a potential date with a girl I was chatting to on POF to make things worse, as I had this thing planned for a while. I'm in two minds about her though. She looks nice in 2 of her photos but looks very unattractive in the other 2.
    so unless shes looks totally sexy in all 4 pics... its the dustbin for her?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

I'm reminded of this Seinfeld episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFeUrC2gR30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

chrysagon wrote: »
    so unless shes looks totally sexy in all 4 pics... its the dustbin for her?

No not necessarily, but it does make my decision more difficult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

I just deleted my POF account yesterday. It was rough. So many beautiful girls with some not too far away from me and got barely any replies.
    I'd like to think i'm a good looking guy and I thought I gave a good description of myself etc but it was so depressing.

So many girls saying they want 'someone that will make them laugh' or 'to treat them right' etc and then they don't even message back.

Sorry.....Rant over :)

Kind of agree 'somewhat' with this post.... A lot of those ladies are delusional and are waiting for an actual Prince to msg them, when in reality they wouldn't know what to do with one!? I feel they should stop analyzing and start acclimatizing... I've had better interaction in the outside real world than I would have on a dating site! So now I just send a smiley, and if they're interested then they will reply.... Doesn't mean I want to marry them, some might say oh so cool stuff like I'm not looking for a pen pal' and then when you tell them I'm jumping into my car right now'.. They sh1t themselves lol well you know what I mean, it can be quite hilarious:-))..

Kind of agree 'somewhat' with this post.... A lot of those ladies are delusional and are waiting for an actual Prince to msg them, when in reality they wouldn't know what to do with one!? I feel they should stop analyzing and start acclimatizing... I've had better interaction in the outside real world than I would have on a dating site! So now I just send a smiley, and if they're interested then they will reply.... Doesn't mean I want to marry them, some might say oh so cool stuff like I'm not looking for a pen pal' and then when you tell them I'm jumping into my car right now'.. They sh1t themselves lol well you know what I mean, it can be quite hilarious:-))..
    i have being on POF on and off a few yrs, and i have noticed the same women still there, and im sure the same guys, makes u wonder is there anyone dating on it at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Gannicus wrote: »
    I disagree Sam Quentin. Why couldn't she offer to come up to mg1982 if she was soo interested in meeting him. Or at least offer to meet halfway from the very beginning.

I know that feeling mg1982. I got talking to a girl on pof before who had "Dublin" in her profile for where she was living. We got on fantastically well. It turned out that she didn't live up here, her job entailed her being in Dublin at least one week a month (some times not all at once). She actually lived in Tralee. I decided that it was a lie but not a deal breaker as I probably would have still been interested in talking to her anyway had she said she lived in Tralee from the outset.

Anyway. She asked me to come down to Tralee one day, for a day date. She was going to a party that night, to which I wasn't invited to. When I expressed my trepidation at a 3 odd hour drive each way for an hour or two date she accused me of being a tease and leading her on. I saw that she was a bit of a loo laa and just told her not to contact me anymore.

Sorry read your first line, and that was it, as much of a 'kinda' equality guy that I am.. I would definitely suggest that I travel the 'whole' way to meet her first<< and that wouldn't even be me being a gent, it just wouldn't cross my mind for her to make her way here or even meet half way!? Now if I was selling her something from DoneDeal! Well I might suggest half way meeting...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement