Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else fed up with being single right now?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

what of those who looked like they've escaped from some mental institution/just creepy when they smile:o

We need to work on this Tom :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

What's the furthest you'd travel for a date?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

I've stopped going up to women I've actually become somewhat afraid to approach a woman I'm interested. I rarely, if ever drink and even then its only literally 2 or 3 pints. My confidence in approaching someone is nigh on 0 now thanks to women (not all just the ones I've encountered). I used to talk to girls in pubs but because of all the drunk creeps in this city anytime I spoke to a girl I was met with a venomous mean spirited reaction or straight up blanked (which I think is worse) before someone even gets talking to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

i have done a 300 mile round trip.... in a day..

chrysagon wrote: »
    i have done a 300 mile round trip.... in a day..

Hope she was worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Travelled to cork city a share of times from kerry, which is about 80 mins. Won't do it again though I'd say

siblers wrote: »
    Travelled to cork city a share of times from kerry, which is about 80 mins. Won't do it again though I'd say

depends on who yer doing it for...sometimes it just feels worth the effort.

Ah go on. I'm waiting for you haha.

Gannicus wrote: »
    I've stopped going up to women I've actually become somewhat afraid to approach a woman I'm interested. I rarely, if ever drink and even then its only literally 2 or 3 pints. My confidence in approaching someone is nigh on 0 now thanks to women (not all just the ones I've encountered). I used to talk to girls in pubs but because of all the drunk creeps in this city anytime I spoke to a girl I was met with a venomous mean spirited reaction or straight up blanked (which I think is worse) before someone even gets talking to me.

I know how you feel. When you get those sort of reactions it can affect your confidence. Approaching women on a night out, at least in Ireland anyway, has never exactly being an enjoyable experience for me personally. I prefer to meet women outside of the pub/club environment now.

• Advertisement

I know how you feel. When you get those sort of reactions it can affect your confidence. Approaching women on a night out, at least in Ireland anyway, has never exactly being an enjoyable experience for me personally. I prefer to meet women outside of the pub/club environment now.

I've tried that mainly on dating sites which is to my own detriment knowing the way a vast majority of people on them operate.

A lot of the interests I have are a bit costly (to me) so I can't partake of them regularly. And there's not many women who take part in them anyway, and the ones who do are 99% of the time already spoken for.

I've tried that mainly on dating sites which is to my own detriment knowing the way a vast majority of people on them operate.

A lot of the interests I have are a bit costly (to me) so I can't partake of them regularly. And there's not many women who take part in them anyway, and the ones who do are 99% of the time already spoken for.

The odds are stacked against you when it comes to online dating, but I've found the likes of Meetup and a couple of the groups on facebook to be very good. There's a photography group on facebook for example which I have met a lot of people from. Photography is certainly a costly hobby though, but its worth it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I've travelled to galway and dublin , It didn't work out but I'm glad I went.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

chrysagon wrote: »
    depends on who yer doing it for...sometimes it just feels worth the effort.

It's a fecking balls so it is, nearly all my matches on Tinder come from Cork. If I lived there, i'd be sorted for dates :D

I've travelled to galway and dublin , It didn't work out but I'm glad I went.

Did you drive or get the train?

It's a fecking balls so it is, nearly all my matches on Tinder come from Cork. If I lived there, i'd be sorted for dates :D

I live in Cork and I'm not sorted. I keep getting cancelled on. Twice this week alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭The Wallflower

eternal wrote: »
    I live in Cork and I'm not sorted. I keep getting cancelled on. Twice this week alone.

I don't see why someone would cancel if they decided to go in the first place. He's missing out hun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

I set up a POF for the craic there, we'll see how it goes...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Did you drive or get the train?

Bus, Train is too expensive :-/

I was so optimistic about POF but it was a bust. Donegal isn't the best spot for meeting women on it I found. Plenty in Dublin, Belfast Cork, Louth etc but that is too far.

Bus, Train is too expensive :-/

TBH I'd drive to any county before I'd drive into Dublin city centre. I'd get the train there though.

• Advertisement

TBH I'd drive to any county before I'd drive into Dublin city centre. I'd get the train there though.

I dont drive though, although I plan to change that this year.

I dont drive though, although I plan to change that this year.

Back in the day you could impress the young wans with your modified car. Simple times. Now its all 50 shades of this that and the other.

Has anyone tried Speed Dating?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

POF is all lies in fairness. I mean some people say they are looking for Mrs Right a relationship when all they want is the shag.

No but I'd love to give a go just to see what it's like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

I love Tinder <3

No but I'd love to give a go just to see what it's like.

A friend of mine suggested it but I'm a little too apprehensive

heyday30 wrote: »
    POF is all lies in fairness. I mean some people say they are looking for Mrs Right a relationship when all they want is the shag.

Is it too much to ask for both?

I'd love to try it

A friend of mine suggested it but I'm a little too apprehensive

I'd be a bit nervous but sure give it a go anyway. I haven't been single since I was a teenager so I have no clue how people actually get with people. Seems a lot harder as you get older. No shifting the face of some young wan in the local dishco....

• Advertisement

speed dating/...i dont do drugs so not for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Speed dating could be good for a confidence boost if anything. Get you used to meeting new people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

I've just noticed that we've almost reached 10,000 posts on this. Will it be Au Revoir to this and Bonjour to a continuation of this topic? It has been great fun between sharing our experiences, getting to know one another through it and just generally having the "bants." I for one have been thoroughly enjoying it :)

This is like my support group. I'll probably have to start doing stuff if the thread closes.

heyday30 wrote: »

And those guys buck it up for the people that are genuinely trying to find Mrs Right.

Whoever has post 10,000 gets a free date.

yournerd wrote: »
    I love Tinder <3

Did ya get lucky nerd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

once travelled upto Kilkenny city

Yeah I gave it to him Friday night.. We spent a couple hours chatting and he said he wanted to take me out Sunday night I said I'd be up for that and to give me a text....

Era sure it happens!

:( balls....have you tried texting him??

I feel really lonely at the moment desperately seeking attention. :( It's been 2 months since I broke it off with my bf. I'm really feeling the loneliness now that I'm apartment bound trying to do a project but actually just procrastinating. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Lucky would be an understatement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

This is like my support group. I'll probably have to start doing stuff if the thread closes.

We'll just start a new thread E. The fun shall go on.

Ohhhh my

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Out with it YN! We're all dying to know! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Whoever has post 10,000 gets a free date.

Who with ?

What do people think of men inviting themselves to your house without having ever met them in person? I find this very off putting and wrong and I'm getting really sick of it. Am I not good enough to even be met in a bar cafe etc?

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Who with ?

Me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

What do people think of men inviting themselves to your house without having ever met them in person? I find this very off putting and wrong and I'm getting really sick of it. Am I not good enough to even be met in a bar cafe etc?

dangerous as fcuk...if my sisters were at that craic id give out to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

i'll takje that at this stage.

Me.

You better hope it's a girl so.

I'm not a fan of anyone inviting themselves to my house :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement