Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else fed up with being single right now?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

you should get 7 cats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

deise08 wrote: »
    it's more a case of. as soon as they get it, that's it. the texts stop. No more interest

Then is it a case of they only want one thing or maybe there's a personality clash? These guys could genuinely be looking for a relationship but they probably didnt see any potential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

cindrella wrote: »
    Its hard to meet someone decent honest good sense of humour, possibly bald (have a thing for bald men) where are all these men ?

Ha! I went for a few dates with a guy like that last year! Pity I would have passed on the details :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

guitarzero wrote: »
    Then is it a case of they only want one thing or maybe there's a personality clash? These guys could genuinely be looking for a relationship but they probably didnt see any potential.

... they prob said theyd give her a chance to redeem herself in the boudoir but alas....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Was up home the last day, Mam says "Oh I think it's the bachelors life for you. Wouldn't it be nice if you found a good woman. But sure I suppose in the modern world, you'll be fine on your own?"

I said nothing to prompt this. Thanks Mam :(

c_man wrote: »
    Was up home the last day, Mam says "Oh I think it's the bachelors life for you. Wouldn't it be nice if you found a good woman. But sure I suppose in the modern world, you'll be fine on your own?"

Hahaha, this sounds like something straight from 1800's rural Ireland. I can literally see you with your head down, clenching your hat in the dance hall, desperately waiting...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

c_man wrote: »

Only an Irish mother can be that lovingly blunt.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭AlwaysAnyTime

you should get 7 cats.

True story, an old lady on my road who lives alone did something like this. But she forgot to take into consideration the fact that cats have kittens. Now there is about 50 cats. They regularly try to enter our open windows (upstairs and downstairs). They lie sprawled across the footpath on sunny days, forcing people to walk on the road. They stare you down as you walk past their house. They attack small dogs (and their owners) as they walk past the house. It's getting out of hand. Please don't become a "cat" lady.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

I hate when a good thread starts going quiet... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

Well I just finished watching date movie with my single sister, so funny :) Hey single people, where ye at!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Well I just finished watching date movie with my single sister, so funny :) Hey single people, where ye at!?

Watched Tremors, had coffee, went to bed.

It's a death defying life I lead.

Watched Tremors, had coffee, went to bed.

It's a death defying life I lead.

I may watch it sometime, never seen it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

My alone feels so good, I’ll only have you if you’re sweeter than my solitude.

I may watch it sometime, never seen it

Yeah, it's good.

*advantage of being single, no need to make small talk on dates.

Yeah, it's good.

*advantage of being single, no need to make small talk on dates.

Yes:pac: cough cough. I agree

My alone feels so good, I’ll only have you if you’re sweeter than my solitude.

I could be so good for you
    Only if you want me to

It's always the same

Right people right time just the wrong location

I could be so good for you
    Only if you want me to

It's always the same

Right people right time just the wrong location

Makes me think of Rihanna 'we fell in love in a hopeless place"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Sums up every night club in the country.

• Advertisement

Er my gawd Terry, 'er indoors would have a art attack if she saw Rihanna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

Anyone ever get a bit peed off with being single? Maybe I'm just bored but when it seems impossible to meet someone nice or someone that wants more than an easy ride over three years, it does kind of get to you a little.

I have tried dating sites and I'm not saying all guys are the same, but the guys I met were just looking for the one thing. I socialize and put myself out there but in vain it seems. I have lovely friends and family so I'm grateful for that. Before you say anything, I am focusing on myself, trying to keep myself busy but can't help feeling a bit lonely sometimes. Anyone in the same boat?

I don't mind being single but I find it tough to find men my own age who are NOT married when I'm looking for an occasional ride.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭Robson Lobson

I don't mind being single but I find it tough to find men my own age who are NOT married when I'm looking for an occasional ride.

Then just ride the married men, they probably aren't getting any anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

You mean you found some Dove in a soapless place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

Lads not feeling so annoyed this morning now I know I have ye :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

My mam is convinced I'm a lesbian. She hasn't met any of my boyfriends at all.

I don't mind being single, its when people make you feel bad for being single that gets me. And couples being overly touchy feely in public. I'm not a PDA person at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

deise08 wrote: »
    Lads not feeling so annoyed this morning now I know I have ye :)

Maybe your problem is that you're being too 'clingy' ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

No, just would like a cuddle or some fun every now and again,

Join a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu club, its fun (tick) you get to cuddle with lots of men (well maybe not cuddle but its close contact) and they are not looking for sex... just your arm, leg or neck :-)

RoboRat wrote: »
    Join a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu club, its fun (tick) you get to cuddle with lots of men (well maybe not cuddle but its close contact) and they are not looking for sex... just your arm, leg or neck :-)

:rolleyes:

You mean you found some Dove in a soapless place?

Washing off at a break neck pace!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭pundy

whats worse is not being single with the amount of absolute creeps that are out there. usually found interrupting couples in hipster sh!tholes. they literally dont care if you are in a relationship, they're drunk, they fancy you and they want the ride no matter what.

scenes that wouldnt surprise you why the thread about punching a woman in the nightclub existed... CREEEEEEPS.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

pundy wrote: »
    whats worse is not being single with the amount of absolute creeps that are out there. usually found interrupting couples in hipster sh!tholes. they literally dont care if you are in a relationship, they're drunk, they fancy you and they want the ride no matter what.

scenes that wouldnt surprise you why the thread about punching a woman in the nightclub existed... CREEEEEEPS.

That's your problem right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

Anyone ever get a bit peed off with being single?

I know the feeling. I got out of a relationship last September and sometimes I like I'm alone even though I'm in a crowded room. Now with the summer swinging around I'd dreading it even more.

Some of my friends are in relationships and I feel like a 3rd wheel when around a couple or couples especially when they kick off with their P.D.A's.

For the most part but, I do hate being single.

Excessive PDAs are for arseholes anyway. Nobody needs to see two people loudly devouring each other.

Excessive PDAs are for arseholes anyway. Nobody needs to see two people loudly devouring each other.

My last girlfriend used to moan that I didn't care about her because I don't take part in PDAs..

What the hell are PDAs? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

czechlin wrote: »

Public Displays of Affection.

Unlike Big Steve's, my coupled-up friends don't do this, but some of them devour me with pleas for attention when I'm the third wheel, their eyes big and grateful for Someone Else To Talk To!

Public
    Displays of
    Affection

Muise... wrote: »
    Public Displays of Affection.

Unlike Big Steve's, my coupled-up friends don't do this, but some of them devour me with pleas for attention when I'm the third wheel, their eyes big and grateful for Someone Else To Talk To!
    Big Steve wrote: »
    Public
    Displays of
    Affection

Thanks, I just couldn't figure out what have Personal Digital Assistants to do with relationships...:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Maybe your problem is that you're being too 'clingy' ?

Ha ha ha
    Quite the opposite :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Excessiyve PDAs are for arseholes anyway. Nobody needs to see two people loudly devouring each other.

I hate this. When I'm over in my bf's house with his mates for a session, one of the other girlfriends comes along, too. Now, my bf does the PDA thing, but it's mild, it's like he'll stroke my arm once in a while. The other gf eats face. Bloody horrible to hear/watch.

• Advertisement

Big Steve wrote: »
    My last girlfriend used to moan that I didn't care about her because I don't take part in PDAs..

Was she nuts? I hate PDAs.

The worst is being stuck in a queue directly behind a couple sucking each other's faces off and you've got to wait there another hour. Happened to me once. Ugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I think I like not having anyone around to discover how unhinged I am. I can't keep the mask on 24/7.

Thanks, I just couldn't figure out what have Personal Digital Assistants to do with relationships...:pac:

I wanted to make a joke alright but couldn't think of anything witty..

I hate this. When I'm over in my bf's house with his mates for a session, one of the other girlfriends comes along, too. Now, my bf does the PDA thing, but it's mild, it's like he'll stroke my arm once in a while. The other gf eats face. Bloody horrible to hear/watch.

Ah yeah, theres nothing wrong with the odd cuddle or peck but Christ some yokes do be like the flip top head on the toothpaste add with each other..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

kowloon wrote: »
    I think I like not having anyone around to discover how unhinged I am. I can't keep the mask on 24/7.

Yeah but the aim is to find someone that you can leave the mask off around.
    That's the theory anyway :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭Robson Lobson

pundy wrote: »

They probably don't even fancy, they're so desperate for a ride they would ride anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

I'm ok with being single. It would be hard for me to have a relationship because I'm not settled in any one area or job and I won't be for a while either. I get fed up going to weddings on my own though. Apart from that I don't think about it much, I've plenty other worries at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

I've never been comfortable with PDA's. My last gf was big into them. After a while she thought I was losing interest in her because I wouldn't always reciprocate. Ever have someone try to kiss you while you're eating? What the fcuk is that all about? :confused: It's a mighty bucket for one, FOR ONE, DAMN YOU!!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭singledad80

I am not at the moment have try to date but did not enjoy it, I guess my x has put me off dating for a while lol, I am happy just me and my son at the moment I hate to get involved so fast with some one else especially if we rush it and move in to fast it be hard to get rid of them So I will take time get to know my self and relax and when I do start it be nice all slow as every other girlfriend has been rushed and I don't need that now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement