Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else fed up with being single right now?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Anyone ever get a bit peed off with being single?

I've been single a while now but I'd rather be single than be in the wrong relationship or just with somebody for the sake of it... It is a bit crappy being the last single girl out of my group of friends though, when they are off doing coupley things I have nobody to play with!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I had a very vivid sex dream about my art teacher last night. The weird thing is, I'm not remotely attracted to him. O-o

Most of the commentators are wimminz.
    There must be loads of lads doing the dirt, statistically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

McChubbin wrote: »
    I had a very vivid sex dream about my art teacher last night. The weird thing is, I'm not remotely attracted to him. O-o

You should be well used to this sort of stuff by now considering you have idea what you want. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    I've never been comfortable with PDA's. My last gf was big into them. After a while she thought I was losing interest in her because I wouldn't always reciprocate. Ever have someone try to kiss you while you're eating? What the fcuk is that all about? :confused: It's a mighty bucket for one, FOR ONE, DAMN YOU!!! :mad:

Even worse, they dont order but yet will happily raid and pilfer your plate! GET LOST!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭pundy

They probably don't even fancy, they're so desperate for a ride they would ride anyone.

no, they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Anyone ever get a bit peed off with being single? ... Anyone in the same boat?

No. I get it regular styleee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Im the same age as my brother two years ago.

Two years ago he was living the life, drinking every weekend, going on holidays whenever he wanted, no girlfriend. Two years later and he has a baby on the way.

Fcuk me if il be like that in the space of two years, I want more freedom.

I dont drink but I want holidays. And with a baby, and all that responsibility, you can kiss your freedom away. All that in two years.

Loads of time left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Well like him or not he's now the man of your dreams. Go to him....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Two years ago he was living the life, drinking every weekend, going on holidays whenever he wanted, no girlfriend. Two years later and he has a baby on the way.

I dont drink but I want holidays. And with a baby, and all that responsibility, you can kiss your freedom away. All that in two years.

Loads of time left.

I've seen friends of mine get married, have kids, split up and then get remarried and have more kids. I've had my freedom throughout those years they were "settling down" and tbh I've still lived a less exciting life than them weighed down with all their responsibilities.

Those responsibilities might not be the life crushing force a lot of people think they are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Well like him or not he's now the man of your dreams. Go to him....
    He's happily married with two small kids so I'm not exactly in with a chance... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Sauve wrote: »
    Yeah but the aim is to find someone that you can leave the mask off around.
    That's the theory anyway :pac:

Or find someone who is as mental as you are-twice the fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Jonny Blaze

I had a dream last night that Brad Pitt came into my hotel room and started pissing all over the place..

then we shot some invading people out the window.. ****ing weird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

Even worse, they dont order but yet will happily raid and pilfer your plate! GET LOST!:mad:

I object to this generalisation:mad:
    It's happened to me 3 times that men have taken food off my plate in restaurants. And I didn't even know these lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

I had a dream last night that Brad Pitt came into my hotel room and started pissing all over the place..

then we shot some invading people out the window.. ****ing weird

I had a dream last night that I was with Colin Firth. We were in a very lovely kitchen and I was cutting up parsnips, turnips, taters and carrots and he was preparing the roast leg of lamb. Now that is WEIRD!! Loved his apron though. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Jonny Blaze

I had a dream last night that I was with Colin Firth. We were in a very lovely kitchen and I was cutting up parsnips, turnips, taters and carrots and he was preparing the roast leg of lamb. Now that is WEIRD!! Loved his apron though. :D

Oh Mr. Darcy! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭creolebelle

Better to be single than stuck in a bad relationship.

Mmmm, life would be so much easier if women just put out for the fun of sex without all the bells and whistles like do I have a job, do I drive, where are we going for dinner/coffee, let me tell you aaaaaaaaall about my day, talk talk talk talk, the chit-chat, the trivia, the minutia...

A man can dream, cant he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Aphex wrote: »
    I'd be one of them lads in all honesty. There are some good dudes out there ladies :)

Especially those who go on about how nice they are lol

I object to this generalisation:mad:
    It's happened to me 3 times that men have taken food off my plate in restaurants. ***And I didn't even know these lads!***

Bloody hell! Where were you eating!?:eek:
    Im not joking, I would bite a stranger that reached over my plate to take food.

• Advertisement

guitarzero wrote: »
    Mmmm, life would be so much easier if women just put out for the fun of sex without all the bells and whistles like do I have a job, do I drive, where are we going for dinner/coffee, let me tell you aaaaaaaaall about my day, talk talk talk talk, the chit-chat, the trivia, the minutia...

You do realise you can do that, right? I mean it costs 90 odd quid an hour but its entirely possible!:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Worksforyou

You do realise you can do that, right? I mean it costs 90 odd quid an hour but its entirely possible!:D

How do you know how much it costs? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

How do you know how much it costs? :eek:

Mechanics know how to charge for labour.

Did I just read this.

kowloon wrote: »
    Mechanics know how to charge for labour.

Git:D

Bloody hell! Where were you eating!?:eek:

I know the cheek of it! Twice in Dublin and once in France.
    The French one was the worst because I was outside a restaurant having a crème brulee for the first time and I thought I was Amelie. This auld French lad comes up and starts chatting and sees my crème brulee and goes 'Ah crème brulee let me taste some of it' and he takes MY spoon and takes a big spoonful, puts the spoon back into it and then tell me it's not a nice as his wife's. Then he fecked off leaving me with his slobbery oul spoon. Ruined the whole dessert:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

I think if I was in a relationship right now it would only be for sex, like 75% of my friends who are in relationships.

I think if I was in a relationship right now it would only be for sex, like 75% of my friends who are in relationships.

I hope you would tell the person you were with this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Damn this fine weather. No women, Yea cry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

The French one was the worst because I was outside a restaurant having a crème brulee for the first time and I thought I was Amelie. This auld French lad comes up and starts chatting and sees my crème brulee and goes 'Ah crème brulee let me taste some of it' and he takes MY spoon and takes a big spoonful, puts the spoon back into it and then tell me it's not a nice as his wife's. Then he fecked off leaving me with his slobbery oul spoon. Ruined the whole dessert:mad:

He deserved to have that spoon rammed down his throat, maybe he was hoping you would go back for a taste of his wifes crème, french people are weird not all of them just the ones that eat snails and other peoples crème brulee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Feck ya for starting this thread OP. Sent me scurrying back to POF to see if there were any potential suitable suitors but alas not so far.

Have been single since August and although have met 2 guys I really like, I don't think either are interested in me and am slowly slip sliding into the friendzone with them from what I can see.

fr336 wrote: »
    Did I just read this.

You're right, I forgot 'small talk' and 'complaining'

You're right, I forgot 'small talk' and 'complaining'

I'm sure the other half of the human race apologise for breathing...:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

is nothing sacred? ffs, no wonder he was singled...you need to stick up for yourself and the brulee more :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Days like today (****e) is when single life is crap, I just want a god damn cuddle instead Im stuck lying on the couch watching Gail Platt on the telly

Jaysus!!! think il go out and get Pissed

• Advertisement

major bill wrote: »
    Days like today (****e) is when single life is crap, I just want a god damn cuddle instead Im stuck lying on the couch watching Gail Platt on the telly

Jaysus!!! think il go out and get Pissed

Gail gives great hugs believe me

Being single, being in a relationship, really, it's just a head trip about wanting to feel special.

Well, YOU ARE special. There's no one like you. Think of how far you've come in life. Think of those early years as a kid, the smell of new school books, you're mam making you lunch in the mornings, the radio on in the background as you leg it for the bus, all those Christmases, the scent of cut grass in the summer, those balmy sunsets as the odd car drives by in the din of the evening as you look forward to weeks of freedom. The quiet thoughts that only you will ever know. Thoughts that have created a tremendous intimacy with your own inner landscape. I dont know where I'm going with this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

Witchie wrote: »
    Feck ya for starting this thread OP. Sent me scurrying back to POF to see if there were any potential suitable suitors but alas not so far.

Have been single since August and although have met 2 guys I really like, I don't think either are interested in me and am slowly slip sliding into the friendzone with them from what I can see.

The one you fancy most ........ grab him close some evening ....... deep french kiss ...... tell him you've been wet dreaming over him since ye met ....... then apologise, cast eyes downwards and blush.
    That should push it past the good friends bit

Maybe go commando as well.

Let us know how you fared out. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭AlwaysAnyTime

Being single, being in a relationship, really, it's just a head trip about wanting to feel special.

Well, YOU ARE special. There's no one like you. Think of how far you've come in life. Think of those early years as a kid, the smell of new school books, you're mam making you lunch in the mornings, the radio on in the background as you leg it for the bus, all those Christmases, the scent of cut grass in the summer, those balmy sunsets as the odd car drives by in the din of the evening as you look forward to weeks of freedom. The quiet thoughts that only you will ever know. Thoughts that have created a tremendous intimacy with your own inner landscape. I dont know where I'm going with this...

Maybe you should lay off the acid for a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

WilyCoyote wrote: »
    The one you fancy most ........ grab him close some evening ....... deep french kiss ...... tell him you've been wet dreaming over him since ye met ....... then apologise, cast eyes downwards and blush.
    That should push it past the good friends bit

Maybe go commando as well.

Let us know how you fared out. Good luck!

The problem is that looks wise like one better than the other and flip that around personality wise even though they are both almost equal on both counts.

But yeah....might just have to do that and worst case he tells me to feck off. Am able to slide blushing back to the friendzone if required!

• Advertisement

Boombastic wrote: »
    is nothing sacred? ffs, no wonder he was singled...you need to stick up for yourself and the brulee more :(

It happened very suddenly, my poor dessert didn't stand a chance:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

That must be why the call girls are doing such great business.

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    That must be why the call girls are doing such great business.

tssssss! sick burn brahhhhh :rolleyes:

Boards has really gone to the dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

Loads of time left.

no offence but that's my worst nightmare to have a child at this stage in my life. Maybe you're bro is happy having a child but i def empathize with you - FREEDOM

Witchie wrote: »

POF is a bad place for vulnerable peeps like u and me, stay away for now, especially if you have an addictive personality

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

Was she nuts? I hate PDAs.

Yeah. She would get all píssy because I wasn't into them

We broke up because she told me if I went on a holiday I had planned she wouldn't be here when I got back so I decided to cut the cord.

Best part is. I couldn't go on the holiday because they moved my college course to start 2 weeks early. ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Big Steve wrote: »
    Yeah. She would get all píssy because I wasn't into them

We broke up because she told me if I went on a holiday I had planned she wouldn't be here when I got back so I decided to cut the cord.

Best part is. I couldn't go on the holiday because they moved my college course to start 2 weeks early. ha ha

You dodged a bullet. She sounds nuts.

deise08 wrote: »
    Ha ha ha
    Quite the opposite :-)

Well Deise08, find us a man yet? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

Well Deise08, find us a man yet? :rolleyes:

:-) didn't see you round here last night. so was thinkin you were out scouting. :(

Hoping you were after finding us one
    ha ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

what do boards single people look like ?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement