Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

refund on h.s samuel?

Options
  • 24-04-2014 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

hi I put down a 35 euro deposit on a chain 3 weeks ago a present for my nephews communion but now I find out he already has the same chain my mam got it ,

Is there a chance I could get my money back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Did they give you a receipt with the T&Cs of the deposit?

The purpose of a deposit is that it is meant to be a commitment to buy the goods and therefore, is not refundable. Having said that, businesses often refund, as it keeps customers happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭clarbar

Hi yes I still have the receipt doesn't say anything much but they kinda know my face in there so hopefully I can get a refund thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 25,458 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Why did you feel the need to put down a deposit on an item with a large jewellery chain?

You'll be relying on goodwill to get a refund so take it easy on quoting consumer rights when asking for your money back, best just say you made a mistake.

I'm not sure impulsive moment

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Its a well known shop, hopefully you will get a refund, or at least a credit note for something else.

I have simply asked shops to hold onto things for me, rather than offer to leave a deposit. If a shop has to order something in especially for you, which they might find difficult to sell if you do not return -then I think its reasonable to offer to leave an unrefundable deposit, or for them to ask.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Perhaps you could ask for a credit note for something else? TBH it'd only be an act of goodwill. The shop aren't obliged to give you your money back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 TheBorg

you could buy it and sell it on again

Hi got a refund they had no problem.with it nice staff very understanding about.it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

I've gotten refunds from H.Samuel's before with no bother. Once for an engagement ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,458 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

TheBorg wrote: »
    you could buy it and sell it on again

For an item of jewellery? You'd be lucky to get half your money back on a resale.

• Advertisement
Advertisement