Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slurry tanker

• 24-04-2014 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

My neighbour is looking to get a slurry tanker and he has a mf 275 4wd and he was wondering what size tank he should get he was looking at a 1350 gallon tank I was telling him a 1100tank would be easier pulled so I'll ask here thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

all depends on how hilly the land is, id imagine shed pull a 1600 if its flat enough, what hp is one of those??

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Jack H

She is roughly 75 hp maybe a little less at this stage in her life !! The land would be fairly hilly aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭visatorro

Try contractors, I know there not perfect and unreliable sometimes but if he has Hilly ground hes Only Dogging his own tractor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Farmer

My 2 cents
    I think it's more about being able to control it going across the side of a slippy hill, downhill into a corner or meeting a car on a narrow road with 8 ton behind you.

If you can avoid these situations or there's a chance of upgrading the 275 later, then maybe.

Either way, if your fields are wet, focus on getting the widest wheel possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Grecco

1600 is too big for a 275, it would even struggle with a 1350 on soft or hill ground

• Advertisement
Advertisement