If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't decide between these two AV Receivers?

Options
  • 24-04-2014 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi there,

I'm planning to purchase Tannoy TFX 5.1 Speakers and will need to pair it with a nice AV receiver.

I've got my eyes on the Yamaha RX-V475 and Denon AVR-X2000, they are both in similar price range.

I can't pick between them, a lot of retailers that I know have said go with the Yamaha then you go online and many have said how good the Denon is and this particular model has many reviews online.

If it helps, I'll be using it for 70% movies (via BluRay) and 30% music (YouTube via BluRay Player, MP3 also).

Please advise,

Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Clarkson wrote: »
    Hi there,

I'm planning to purchase Tannoy TFX 5.1 Speakers and will need to pair it with a nice AV receiver.

I've got my eyes on the Yamaha RX-V475 and Denon AVR-X2000, they are both in similar price range.

I can't pick between them, a lot of retailers that I know have said go with the Yamaha then you go online and many have said how good the Denon is and this particular model has many reviews online.

If it helps, I'll be using it for 70% movies (via BluRay) and 30% music (YouTube via BluRay Player, MP3 also).

Please advise,

Thanks!
    Hi Clarkson.

HMMM.

It is a hard choice between those two receivers as they are so similar.

The link below give the differences between the two amps:
    http://www.richersounds.com/compareproducts

The Denon is by far the more speced receiver being 7.1 @ 95W per channel. It has more inputs have 7 In over the 475's 5 In and the 2000 will do 4K upscaling.

In my opinion the Yamaha will have the better sound for music, with both sounding very similar on movies.

The Yamaha RXV475 is priced at £199.95
    The Denon AVRX2000 priced at £249.95

We have both in stock and shipping would come in at £12.99

I hope this helps a little, let me know if you have any questions or are ready to pull the trigger on one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Clarkson

Thanks for your response.

It would've been more better to compare the Yamaha RX-V475 with say the Denon AVR-X1000 but RS don't stock this model, but still it's quite impressive that this RX-V475 is only a model after the entry level and it still competes well with the Denon. I will only be using 5.1 strictly, I don't have the extra space for 7.1 in my living room.

It seems like most of the people I've spoken to seem to prefer the sound of Yamaha much more than Denon, I think I'll stick with Yamaha.

Are there many differences between the Tannoy TFX 5.1 Speakers and Tannoy HTS 101? Maybe, I will get the higher end Speakers if you say they will sound much louder/better than the TFX but I will have to make a sacrifice and get the Yamaha RX-V375 instead.

Yamaha RX-V475 with Tannoy TFX 5.1 Speakers or Yamaha RX-V375 with Tannoy HTS 101 Speakers?

Which would you recommend?

I'm quite puzzled if the RX-V375 will be able to drive the Tannoy HTS 101's to a good potential as I know the RX-V475 will push the Tannoy TFX's to close it's limit.

PS: From your response, I'm totally forgetting about Denon, it seems like Yamaha are quite versatile and that's what I need as it will also be used for Football and other content.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Clarkson

Hi there,

Please advise,

Thanks!
    Hi Clarkson.

HMMM.

The Denon is by far the more speced receiver being 7.1 @ 95W per channel. It has more inputs have 7 In over the 475's 5 In and the 2000 will do 4K upscaling.

In my opinion the Yamaha will have the better sound for music, with both sounding very similar on movies.

I hope this helps a little, let me know if you have any questions or are ready to pull the trigger on one.
    I'm aware the Subwoofer is much better than the TFX in the HTS 101, but are there any other major differences do you know?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks for your response.

It would've been more better to compare the Yamaha RX-V475 with say the Denon AVR-X1000 but RS don't stock this model, but still it's quite impressive that this RX-V475 is only a model after the entry level and it still competes well with the Denon. I will only be using 5.1 strictly, I don't have the extra space for 7.1 in my living room.

It seems like most of the people I've spoken to seem to prefer the sound of Yamaha much more than Denon, I think I'll stick with Yamaha.

Are there many differences between the Tannoy TFX 5.1 Speakers and Tannoy HTS 101? Maybe, I will get the higher end Speakers if you say they will sound much louder/better than the TFX but I will have to make a sacrifice and get the Yamaha RX-V375 instead.

Yamaha RX-V475 with Tannoy TFX 5.1 Speakers or Yamaha RX-V375 with Tannoy HTS 101 Speakers?

Which would you recommend?

I'm quite puzzled if the RX-V375 will be able to drive the Tannoy HTS 101's to a good potential as I know the RX-V475 will push the Tannoy TFX's to close it's limit.

PS: From your response, I'm totally forgetting about Denon, it seems like Yamaha are quite versatile and that's what I need as it will also be used for Football and other content.
    Hey Clarkson.

Both sets of speakers are fantastic. When it comes to loudness it is the amp that predicts how loud the volume will go rather than the speaker, both sets of speakers are rated at 100W. The HTS101 spealers would be a better speaker pack over the TFX in terms of clarity and reproduction of sound.
    We sell the RXV375 and HTS101 together as a pack (Link below) so it would have no issues driving the speakers.

When dropping down to the RXV375 you would lose any kind of networking functions which come with the 475.

At the moment the RXV375 and HTS101 system is going for £499.00
    http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/home-cinema-separates-bundle-deals/pah011419

The RXV475 and the TFX pack would be priced at £439.95.

Let me know what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Bluefish

Hi there,

Please advise,

Thanks!
    Hi Clarkson.

HMMM.

Hi,

Do you still have the Yamaha RX-V475 for £199? and how much is shipping to Dublin.

One final question - Can it be picked up in Dublin anywhere? looking to have something before the weekend.

Thanks

Bluefish

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Bluefish wrote: »
    Hi there,

Please advise,

Thanks!
    Hi Clarkson.

HMMM.

Hi,

Do you still have the Yamaha RX-V475 for £199? and how much is shipping to Dublin.

One final question - Can it be picked up in Dublin anywhere? looking to have something before the weekend.

Thanks

Bluefish
    Bluefish,

sorry for the delay getting back to you - unfortunately the RXV475 is now a finished line and we are completely sold out of them now - we do have the RXV477 which is the FAR better replacement - its significantly more expensive at £299.95 - but I can do one at a special launch price of £249.95 if you wanted to grab one and they are available from stock for shipping straight away,

Thanks again for the post and please don't hesitate to drop us a line if we can assist in any way and of course if you would like to order please just drop us a PM or a mail ( sales@richersounds.ie ) with your contact details and one of the guys will give you a call to arrange delivery,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.