Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bills too high - thinking of moving to Energia

Options
  • 24-04-2014 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi Electric Ireland, 

My recent bill (707 day units and 1199 Night units) on the Value Nightsaver tariff came to a high €288.90 for a 55 day bill cycle. I'm in a 2-bed apartment with one other and with 2/3 storage heaters not working now I can't understand the high cost. So I'm thinking of moving to another provider. 

Before I do, can I check one thing? Years ago when I first moved in, I could hear a loud thud in the fuse box each night and morning as the day/night circuits were engaged. That hasn't happened for years now, that switch circuit must be broken and I never did get around to getting it fixed. I assumed that as I'm getting day and night readings that I'm still getting the best deal. 

If that fuse box switch was broken(in fact in actually is) would that affect my day/night unit figures, and if not, what is the point of that swicth in the fuse box?

Many thanks for answering my Qs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi AshtownGuy,

Are you concentrating your usage between the NightSaver hours of 11pm and 8am in the winter; midnight and 9am in the summer? This is the way to ensure best value from the day/night meter, as the unit rate is higher outside of those hours.
    Is the time on the meter (or separate time-clock for older analogue meters) correct?

If your ValueSaver package is about to expire and you would like a call from our Sales team in relation to what discounts could be offered to you for direct debit and online billing, do private message us your name, telephone number, Electric Ireland account number and address, and the best time to call you.

With regards to the fuse-box, issues like this would need to be checked by an electrical contractor.

Do let us know if we can assist you further.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

AshtownGuy wrote: »
    Hi Electric Ireland, 

My recent bill (707 day units and 1199 Night units) on the Value Nightsaver tariff came to a high €288.90 for a 55 day bill cycle. I'm in a 2-bed apartment with one other and with 2/3 storage heaters not working now I can't understand the high cost. So I'm thinking of moving to another provider. 

Before I do, can I check one thing? Years ago when I first moved in, I could hear a loud thud in the fuse box each night and morning as the day/night circuits were engaged. That hasn't happened for years now, that switch circuit must be broken and I never did get around to getting it fixed. I assumed that as I'm getting day and night readings that I'm still getting the best deal. 

If that fuse box switch was broken(in fact in actually is) would that affect my day/night unit figures, and if not, what is the point of that swicth in the fuse box?

Many thanks for answering my Qs.

your bill for energia for the same period would have been.

Standard charges

day

night

stad

PSO

you 'll get 15% of standard charges for switching, which brings it to €248.73

if you ring electric ireland they'll offer you a discount to

Advertisement