Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft noob questions..

• 24-04-2014 11:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

so im going to airsoft for the first time on saturday. im going to the hive in tallaght with my cousin who went about 10 times by now and has 2 guns and all his own gear and stuff. i know ill get addicted and bringing your own gear is alot cheaper than renting so if i want to get into it then its a no brainer to get my own gear.

this is my cousins gun. how good is it and do you reccomend i get it? i could stretch to about 150 for a gun.

http://www.mainirishairsoft.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=1059

i could maybe add another 20 if a better gun could get gotten.

if not this gun, what one? alot of the irish site seem very pricey, can i order from abroad? can i get a foreign link or two?

ill pick up some gear from adverts.ie like a mask, tactical vest etc..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

One of the most recommended aegs to start with at the moment is the g&g raider series.

It might be just outside your budget but is a good starter. You should be able to find a good one secondhand in the adverts section of this forum. And that will be in your budget and you might get extra mags and stuff too.

Ordering abroad has drawbacks. Anything outside the eu can be stopped by customs which will take the tax cut off you (and charging you too not to mention the time delay for processing). And if the aeg wasn't downgraded to Irish limits it will not be going to you and will be sent back or destroyed.

If you order within eu you don't pay extra tax. But you can't walk into the shop and talk to them before or after the sale like an Irish shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

I started out myself 2 years ago with a raider i bought here for 100 euro and was 6 months old.Im still running it today great all round gun.Easy to work on or add accessories too.I'd put up a wanted add in the adverts forum here and i don't think u'll have a problem getting a good one.Hope this is a bit of help.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭FizzyCola

You could also look at a CYMA Ak, JG G36c or JG AUGA2. the G&G Cm16 aegs are very popular. Ive never used one but loads have and I have seen players using them with no problems. You should be able to get a pretty decent second hand gun from here for 150.

Your better off with an m4 for your first gun to make getting spare mags and accessories easier. They are available every where and are by far the cheapest. You can build from there. I had an AUG first and I didnt find the hi caps the greatest and had to wait months and months to get a pack of 4 mid caps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

wow..thanks for all the replies guys!....do you think that gun i posted in the link is worthy of my starting gun? my cousin has it and he says its a grand gun. hes trying to bring it up today so i can have a go on it. i think ill go with that one unless my wanted add here will get me a better 2nd hand one for around 120.

ive found a nice dot sight that had multiple reticles and can be runed from red to green. im in love with it but its sold out on the irish website(i forget which one)..the gun is also sold out so i dont know what ill do about that either :(

oh well. ill just enjoy myself tomorrow with the rental gun from the hive. im hoping to fall in love with the sport :)

if i do..then i may just pay the extra money for a gun. m4 is my favourite because its such a common gun like someone said above. also because its been a big gun in call of duty games :P

could i get any links to a highly reccomended gun for about 180 max?

im only getting to grips with different makes of guns so G&G etc is new to me. ill be educating myself in everything therr is to know about airsoft in due course though

the JG G36C sounds like a good starter. but can i easily find grips/sights for it? i dont want any problems like that

looking up the G36C it says ASG and not AEG. isnt an AEG better? too many different kinds for a beginner to understand whats what and what to get :\

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

MarkY91 wrote: »

the JG G36C sounds like a good starter. but can i easily find grips/sights for it? i dont want any problems like that

looking up the G36C it says ASG and not AEG. isnt an AEG better? too many different kinds for a beginner to understand whats what and what to get :\

ASG ( action sport games ) its a brand name ,

AEG ( automatic electric Gun ) is a battery powered gun ,

You can use and find lots of accessories for the G36 from grips ,sights ,lasers ,grenade launchers and so on and fairy cheap too

Gatling wrote: »
    ASG ( action sport games ) its a brand name ,

AEG ( automatic electric Gun ) is a battery powered gun ,

You can use and find lots of accessories for the G36 from grips ,sights ,lasers ,grenade launchers and so on and fairy cheap too

ahh i understand now. the jim gong(is that right?) G36 seems badass and has some good reviews online..i will consider it. but what about this one i found on boards

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057183275

hes looking for about 110 for it. if you had to choose between that or this(my cousins rifle)

http://www.mainirishairsoft.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=1059

both similar prices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

also because its been a big gun in call of duty games :P

Be careful with that here :p

Like Bren said though, post up an ad on the adverts page looking for a Raider (gen I if possible mate). They're very solid rifles.

As for the brand names there's a lot of them. A LOT.

Maybe this will help
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056654925

I've been gaming fr about 5-6 years now and it's like anything, you just eventually pick up the lingo really. Unless you have no interest beyond actually gaming obviously. Plenty of people playing a couple of years and don't know a G&G rifle from a JG one but anyways.

As a starter rifle, I'd go with a JG G36. Although i hate them they do work, very well. A G&G Raider (Gen I, like i said, if possible). I had a Dboys SCAR as my first rifle and it broke after a year, bought a Raider and has been using it ever since as my primary. They're so easy to work on too.

Welcome to the sport :) anymore questions post away :)

T4RGET wrote: »
    Be careful with that here :p

Like Bren said though, post up an ad on the adverts page looking for a Raider (gen I if possible mate). They're very solid rifles.

As for the brand names there's a lot of them. A LOT.

Maybe this will help
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056654925

I've been gaming fr about 5-6 years now and it's like anything, you just eventually pick up the lingo really. Unless you have no interest beyond actually gaming obviously. Plenty of people playing a couple of years and don't know a G&G rifle from a JG one but anyways.

As a starter rifle, I'd go with a JG G36. Although i hate them they do work, very well. A G&G Raider (Gen I, like i said, if possible). I had a Dboys SCAR as my first rifle and it broke after a year, bought a Raider and has been using it ever since as my primary. They're so easy to work on too.

Welcome to the sport :) anymore questions post away :)

i was using COD as a reference to why i like certain guns :P

i actually may just go for the JG G36. i saw a video on youtube and the guy folder the stock and that looked so cool. i will be attaching a grip and red dot sight to it too.

ill try get a second hand one here hopefully

ok so ive 2 possible guns picked from here. both about 120. could i get your opinions?

G&G m16a2 Sportline. 280fps

G36. no photos of it but still in consideration. 320fps

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057195732

i did some googling and ive read that 280fps is slow and not really good enough. is that right?

• Advertisement

ok so ive 2 possible guns picked from here. both about 120. could i get your opinions?

G&G m16a2 Sportline. 280fps

G36. no photos of it but still in consideration. 320fps

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057195732

i did some googling and ive read that 280fps is slow and not really good enough. is that right?

wouldn't worry about fps mate. don't get sucked into that. A lot ofnew players have this fps fps fps!!! thing going on, where it means everything. Tokyo Marui is probably the best company on the planet and their rifles and pistols fire at about 270 or lower sometimes and out range all other stock rifles and are accurate as hell. FPS only determines the speed at which the BB reaches its target. Range and accuracy is determined by hop up and barrels :).
    270 is pretty acceptable :) if it's like 230 then it may be a problem and should be looked at but 270 is fine tbh.

personally, I'd go for the G&G m16. purely because it's a G&G. Get it to a retailer or ask here on Boards (including me if you're close to me) and get it cleaned etc and a quick look over but 120 is great for that rifle :) don't see too many m16's around. And this way you can always get a shorter rail kit and barrel and have a shorter rifle should you want it.

EDIT: just noticed he reduced it to 110 and included a smart charger so.. not bad, which also btw means he can't go above 110 ;) just FYI

T4RGET wrote: »
    wouldn't worry about fps mate. don't get sucked into that. A lot ofnew players have this fps fps fps!!! thing going on, where it means everything. Tokyo Marui is probably the best company on the planet and their rifles and pistols fire at about 270 or lower sometimes and out range all other stock rifles and are accurate as hell. FPS only determines the speed at which the BB reaches its target. Range and accuracy is determined by hop up and barrels :).
    270 is pretty acceptable :) if it's like 230 then it may be a problem and should be looked at but 270 is fine tbh.

personally, I'd go for the G&G m16. purely because it's a G&G. Get it to a retailer or ask here on Boards (including me if you're close to me) and get it cleaned etc and a quick look over but 120 is great for that rifle :) don't see too many m16's around. And this way you can always get a shorter rail kit and barrel and have a shorter rifle should you want it.

EDIT: just noticed he reduced it to 110 and included a smart charger so.. not bad, which also btw means he can't go above 110 ;) just FYI

oh dont worry, i saw his previous accepted offers of 110 :D. i just figured that a fps of like 320 would be alot better than 280 but youre the expert. im selling my 3ds so i can now afford even a 200 euro rifle....link me to a beats of a gun :D

oh dont worry, i saw his previous accepted offers of 110 :D. i just figured that a fps of like 320 would be alot better than 280 but youre the expert. im selling my 3ds so i can now afford even a 200 euro rifle....link me to a beats of a gun :D

well yes, 320 is 'better' but 320 has the problem of being a bit high, so some chrono's may read it wrong on certain days and push it over.
    Tbh that M16 isn't too bad really/
    Found this if you're interested, needs a battery and charger and all though.
    http://www.hobbyairsoft.ie/index.php?route=product/product&path=36_110&product_id=633

Advertisement