Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new door for electricity meter

Options
  • 25-04-2014 3:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Hope i am in the right place, can someone tell me if it is possible to get a new door for a electric meter, i am living in a bungalow with the electric meter on the outside of a gable wall, i guess it was not closed properly and the wind could have blown it off, i noticed on the 3 hinges, the bottom two little pins have snapped off, the top one is still their and that is the only one keeping it on.
    do the esb have these as spare parts or do you have to get the whole unit, that would be a fairly big job having to replace the whole thing. any ideas to fix it would be good as well, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

cranefly wrote: »
    Hope i am in the right place, can someone tell me if it is possible to get a new door for a electric meter, i am living in a bungalow with the electric meter on the outside of a gable wall, i guess it was not closed properly and the wind could have blown it off, i noticed on the 3 hinges, the bottom two little pins have snapped off, the top one is still their and that is the only one keeping it on.
    do the esb have these as spare parts or do you have to get the whole unit, that would be a fairly big job having to replace the whole thing. any ideas to fix it would be good as well, thanks.

Report it to networks, they will replace it, I'm in the same boat and that's what my meter reader told me. He rang it in himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭joebre

I have a lesser problem with the door to my cabinet. I can no longer open the door with the triangular plastic key. Now open it with a narrow nosed pliers. The locking mechanism looks like it can be replaced without replacing the whole door.

Any advice please ?

Advertisement