Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 10), April 25-27, 2014

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Cork will dismantle us with little trouble, minimum 2 goal margin of victory

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Cork will dismantle us with little trouble, minimum 2 goal margin of victory

Seems like they've been lost without Healy, if he starts they should.

Can't make it to Wexford due to work and my lift not going, but there's 2 buses heading down and probably a good crowd driving too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Smart money would say we will achieve our goal of a 0-0 v UCD, that will be Roddy delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Gonna be another long night for Bohs methinks. Having said that I'm not going down so they'll probably win knowing my luck. Poxy fúcking exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Seems like they've been lost without Healy, if he starts they should.

Can't make it to Wexford due to work and my lift not going, but there's 2 buses heading down and probably a good crowd driving too.

We have won 3 and drawn one without him. Hardly lost.

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »
    We have won 3 and drawn one without him. Hardly lost.

Maybe lost isn't the word, a Cork fan said they've look a bit lacklustre without him, think he was mainly judging his trip to UCD on Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Maybe lost isn't the word, a Cork fan said they've look a bit lacklustre without him, think he was mainly judging his trip to UCD on Friday.

This season Healy has been different class, its only now thats he's out injured that I realise that. Best in the league for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

CHealy wrote: »
    This season Healy has been different class, its only now thats he's out injured that I realise that. Best in the league for me.

Ahem Towell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Ahem Towell
    Was enjoyable watching Towell outmuscle and outplay McPhail last week. He's had a slowish start to the season but the last two or three games (bar the Athlone game) he's really starting to step it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Athlone 18-1 to win scares me.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Athlone 18-1 to win scares me.....

You haven't seen them play yet. Was our worst performance under Kenny and there was still a gulf in class. Pat's coming in to form will stuff them

doncarlos wrote: »
    You haven't seen them play yet. Was our worst performance under Kenny and there was still a gulf in class. Pat's coming in to form will stuff them

Are they Kilkenny bad?

2000-2001
    12.Kilkenny City 33 1 6 26 14-66 9 Relegated
    http://www.rsssf.com/tablesi/ierhist.html

Noone seems to be hammering Athlone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Ahem Towell

Brother of Richie? I'm not aware of him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Bohs are a tougher prospect away from home and UCD should spoil Roderick's plans..

We're playing our usual hoofy ****e by the sounds of things

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

We're playing our usual hoofy ****e by the sounds of things

I'm not sure why people are so surprised by this. Heary was always a bit of a hoof merchant as a player. His poor use of the ball was probably one of the major reasons he never went cross channel.

I'm not sure why people are so surprised by this.

Because we actually played decent ball the first few games this season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Conditions in Turners Cross are appalling. Pissing rain and hurricane wind. Poor game as a result. 1-1 at the mo. Bohs playing with the wind and city struggling as a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Most consistent team in the league!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Athlone Town's morale must be in the toilet at this stage. Getting thumped 4-0 by St Pats. Roddy knew...

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    Athlone Town's morale must be in the toilet at this stage. Getting thumped 4-0 by St Pats. Roddy knew...

No money available, we wouldnt exist this time next year if we gave into his demands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

Fifth win a row for us. Starting to hit some good form. Athlone sounded very poor.

Our third goal was meant to be a horrible error by the Athlone goalie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Derry get a good point v the mighty UCD. Roddy will be happy we didn't lose, I'm sure thats all part of the masterplan.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Derry get a good point v the mighty UCD. Roddy will be happy we didn't lose, I'm sure thats all part of the masterplan.

Only a matter of time until he gets the bullet?

93rd min goal for Wexford from a corner (the wind basically blew it in) that supposedly should have been a goal kick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Raf32 wrote: »
    Only a matter of time until he gets the bullet?

Hopefully not. Making good money on unders this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Dundalk were shocking tonight. Bray were hungrier and tactics were spot on.

Bit of a mini-crisis now. The impact of O'Donnell's injury cannot be overstated and Kenny will have his work cut out getting things right for Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Last minute at the Cross, ball crossed in, keeper comes for it, drops it, it's on the ground, our striker kicks it in from the ground, ref calls a free. Neil Doyle, top class refereeing as always.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Hard to begrudge Bohs a point there tonight, absolutely awful weather but they were well set up, didn't get behind them too many times at all. Last 10 minutes they could have won it, hit the bar and had a few scrambles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

****ing hell, pissing down in Cork :(

Good thing it has a roof :pac:

That disallowed goal was a joke, keeper simply spilled it, nothing to it.

kksaints wrote: »
    Fifth win a row for us. Starting to hit some good form. Athlone sounded very poor.

Our third goal was meant to be a horrible error by the Athlone goalie.

I went "awwwwww" when it happened, everything that could possibly go wrong for the chap did. Lynch didnt even celebrate :o

After 10 we starting to get into gear(tonight aside) hitting a bit of form and team starting to play how it should. Think we will do just fine this season.

10291048_709506502422139_2361483547939981698_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Harpy with the 3 points but the conceded goals and penalties are a worry. League tight this year. Knew it was only a mater of time before Pats and Sligo got into gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

sounds like we were pretty bad tonight, mccarron back but keating out. cant catch a break with out strikers!

was wondering how long before Winn cost us with a howler tho....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I went "awwwwww" when it happened, everything that could possibly go wrong for the chap did. Lynch didnt even celebrate :o

After 10 we starting to get into gear(tonight aside) hitting a bit of form and team starting to play how it should. Think we will do just fine this season.

Classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

93rd min goal for Wexford from a corner (the wind basically blew it in) that supposedly should have been a goal kick.

Definite corner and the ball was bundled in from 5 yrds by players who wanted it more. Wind my hole :rolleyes:

Even 1st half and Youths dominated the 2nd half. Poor finishing by us and a scary one off our goal line.

Ref was terrible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Wishful thinking from shels fans I'd say gavin. I had a good view of it, definite corner. Shels were completely outplayed regardless, could have easily been 3-0

oldyouth wrote: »
    Definite corner and the ball was bundled in from 5 yrds by players who wanted it more. Wind my hole :rolleyes:

Even 1st half and Youths dominated the 2nd half. Poor finishing by us and a scary one off our goal line.

Ref was terrible
    Wishful thinking from shels fans I'd say gavin. I had a good view of it, definite corner. Shels were completely outplayed regardless, could have easily been 3-0

Kinda glad I couldn't get down now! What's happened with Wexford since our first game against each other? We walked over yous in the first match in Tolka and have greatly improved, must have just been a bad day at the office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

By all accounts we the better in the team in the second half and could/should have won it. Happy with the draw away from home and hoping we can really push on.

Need to badly improve the home form next week V Derry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Rovers have finally hit form now after the four defeats, will stroll to the title now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Atrocious conditions down the X and what was worse was the refereeing decision to disallow a city goal in the 91st min - absolutely ridiculous in the extreme and cost us 2 points. Keeper drops a low cross - unchallenged - simple tap in, free out....utterly ridiculous decision. That said, Bohs had a rocket of a shot come back off the bar a minute beforehand and could easily have won it as they had the better of the second half.
    Super crowd of 3711 given the rotten night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

That disallowed goal.

I cant stop laughing.

Ref bottled a clear as day goal as you will see.

Even the Bohs keeper did not protest.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Classic.

junkie4life

Kinda glad I couldn't get down now! What's happened with Wexford since our first game against each other? We walked over yous in the first match in Tolka and have greatly improved, must have just been a bad day at the office.

Yeah ye didn't play anything like the game in Tolka. Wexford dominated the midfield, an extreme rarity for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

We were terrible, Wexford well worth the win.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

anncoates wrote: »
    Harpy with the 3 points but the conceded goals and penalties are a worry. League tight this year. Knew it was only a mater of time before Pats and Sligo got into gear.

Fourth penalty in four games? And Doyle hasn't had a go yet to give one

I've no confidence in that defence to hold a one goal lead, far too panicky and willing to sit back.

Probably means nothing to most of ye but I can't believe Youths are deservedly sitting second in the league right now. Would mean the world to me if we could have a go at the play offs.

What the fcuk?

Dundalk FC
    @DundalkFC
    @DundalkFC's Ali Gator, getting ready for tonight's game in Ocean Bar & Grill, Bray #DFC

BmFOwQmIEAAZOgJ.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

dfx- wrote: »
    Fourth penalty in four games? .

It will be the undoing as well as the leaking of goals. Both centre halves got yellows again. I'd put Heaney in there and Byrne back on the left. Jay is all over the shop this season and think it affects Kenna.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Robbie Benson's goal from this evening.

Delighted with a point. Can we actually win at home next week against Derry?

No, guaranteed draw.

• Advertisement
Advertisement