Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 10), April 25-27, 2014

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Kinda glad I couldn't get down now! What's happened with Wexford since our first game against each other? We walked over yous in the first match in Tolka and have greatly improved, must have just been a bad day at the office.

Have to disagree with you there again. We dominated the 1st half in Tolka and should have gone in ahead. Shels pressed much better in the 2nd and had nearly all the possession. I believe we would have held on for the point had our own indiscipline not let us down.

Anyway, that's all in the past

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Delighted with a point. Can we actually win at home next week against Derry?

No, guaranteed draw.

Well Roddy will be playing for a point, so I'd say thats where the smart money will go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

City's goal disallowed in injury time. Not even the keeper thought it was a free.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/39020932@N05/14009740512/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    City's goal disallowed in injury time. Not even the keeper thought it was a free.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/39020932@N05/14009740512/

Such a joke of a decision. The look of disgust on the keeper and defenders faces tells you there wasn't even a hint of a foul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Fûcking robbed. Disgraceful decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Kinda glad I couldn't get down now! What's happened with Wexford since our first game against each other? We walked over yous in the first match in Tolka and have greatly improved, must have just been a bad day at the office.

No we didn't. That first game of the season was very even.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Such a joke of a decision. The look of disgust on the keeper and defenders faces tells you there wasn't even a hint of a foul.

Never had it under his control looking at those pictures. Cert goal all the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Delighted with 3 points is an understatement. Was wishfully thinking might nab something like a point somehow, but Is hall take that. Rarely have good results against Louth teams...2 wins will do perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

ShamoBuc wrote: »

Clearly had his hands on the ball and got kicked in the head. ;)

The hooped programme selling ref owes us a dodgy one by now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Jaysis Cork were robbed. Another mistake from Murphy, becoming a liability.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Last night was the worst conditions I have ever seen a match played in. Awful game as a result.

The area around the turnstiles actually flooded about an hour after the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

Rovers were lucky last night, Drogheda could easily have won the game or atleast gotten a draw, we completely switched off when we went 1-0 down & deservedly lost the lead they had allot of chances & hit the bar a few times @ 1-1, something was said @ HT and we kicked into gear with 2 early second half goals and then again fell asleep in the last 20 minutes conceding the late goal and then very nearly a equaliser in injury time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Kenna gets another yellow card and gives away a peno.

It's like he's trying his best to make us lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Ebbs wrote: »

Are you setting out to pressure all over the pitch with a high line?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Ebbs wrote: »

and the og at Bohs. Symptoms of covering for McGuinness probably.

Penalty given away by Madden last week was caused by McGuinness being pulled out of position and Cornwall dragged over leaving Madden isolated...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Jaysis Cork were robbed. Another mistake from Murphy, becoming a liability.

At the end yes, but to be fair Bohs should have won it on their second half performance. They played the conditions perfectly and pushed everyone right up ontop of the GK who's goal kicks werent getting much further than the box.

In my 25 years of going to the Cross, I've only seen conditions like that 2 or 3 times, it was brutal, couldnt see the other side of the pitch at one stage the rain was so heavy. Had to laugh at the Bohs fan in shorts, it mustv been sunny in Dublin getting on the bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It was summer in Dublin, I was cycling in the Phoenix Park in a basketball top and shorts and others were topless catching rays. Then to go there and be greeted by a scene like that. I was expecting some old bloke to start rounding up two of every animal

The Horseshoe flooded after the game ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

gimmick wrote: »

How could you tell? :D

My feet told me a story I'm afraid. Then there was that awkward wondering - is it rain water or is it something else :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

gimmick wrote: »

That was no rain water.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Glorious weather yesterday afternoon - nice breeze in the shade, I wonder if the attendance tonight at the LSC game will beat the attendance yesterday of barely 100

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

dfx- wrote: »
    Glorious weather yesterday afternoon - nice breeze in the shade, I wonder if the attendance tonight at the LSC game will beat the attendance yesterday of barely 100

Last time we played youse in the LSC in Tallaght 2 years ago we had about 100/120 and there was roughly 5/600 Rovers so it'll be interesting to see what kind of crowd turns out tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    Last time we played youse in the LSC in Tallaght 2 years ago we had about 100/120 and there was roughly 5/600 Rovers so it'll be interesting to see what kind of crowd turns out tonight.

About the same, from what I could see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I went "awwwwww" when it happened, everything that could possibly go wrong for the chap did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Is there a new thread for the weekend?!? :p

Advertisement