Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 setup for US account

Options
  • 25-04-2014 7:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

Hi,

I have just bought a PS4 for my sons birthday and want to setup with a US PSN account to avail of cheaper game prices. Could someone confirm everything I need to do to buy and play games online with DLC etc?

On the PS4....
    I think I need to setup an additional PSN account with a US address?
    Also setup a normal Irish PSN account (same as existing PS3 account)?
    Then I can buy off Amazon.com (with a US address) or other various sites I've seen posted here?

For online access, I bought a Playstation plus voucher in Gamestop. Do I need to abandon that and buy a US Playstation Plus access instead?

I have a Season Pass for Ghosts and Fifa - I think they are transferrable from PS3 to PS4, but are they linked to Irish account and therefore would not be able to get DLC (for Ghosts) if I setup a US Playstation Plus account?

Thanks to anyone who has time to answer....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AGoodison

vicadd wrote: »
    Hi,

I have just bought a PS4 for my sons birthday and want to setup with a US PSN account to avail of cheaper game prices. Could someone confirm everything I need to do to buy and play games online with DLC etc?

On the PS4....
    Yes, use Florida as it's tax free on games.

You can use the US one if you want.
    Then I can buy off Amazon.com (with a US address) or other various sites I've seen posted here?
    Amazon are the cheapest as they charge face value. Delivery and billing address need to be in the US.

For online access, I bought a Playstation plus voucher in Gamestop. Do I need to abandon that and buy a US Playstation Plus access instead?
    If you activate it on an Irish account it'll work for all accounts on that ps4.

I have a Season Pass for Ghosts and Fifa - I think they are transferrable from PS3 to PS4, but are they linked to Irish account and therefore would not be able to get DLC (for Ghosts) if I setup a US Playstation Plus account?
    Correct, they won't work with a game downloaded from US store.

Thanks to anyone who has time to answer....

On the PS4....

Yes, use Florida as it's tax free on games.

You can use the US one if you want.
    Amazon are the cheapest as they charge face value. Delivery and billing address need to be in the US.

If you activate it on an Irish account it'll work for all accounts on that ps4.

Correct, they won't work with a game downloaded from US store.

Advertisement