Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre Authorisation of VISA Debit card

Options
  • 25-04-2014 7:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey there,

I was in Lisbon last weekend and the day i was due to arrive which was last Friday (18/4/2014) the hotel  pre authorised my card for the full amount of 154 Euros!! On leaving the hotel on the 20th i payed with cash and the hotel released the preauthorisation hold of the money and said it would fall back onto my account in the coming days. I've been in touch with the hotel since and they said they've released the hold so i was just wondering how long will it take to recieve my money back into my account!! I know there was a bank holiday last Monday so thats possiby going to delay it but its 4 working days nowand i still don't have the money.

kind Regards
    Brian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Brian5432,

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

As a rule, pre-authorisation charge backs would generally take up to five working days for the amount to fall back into your account. As Monday was a bank holiday, the five working days would start from Tuesday the 21st. 

If you need help with any other query please don't hesitate to contact us here.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement