Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liquid on battery.....help please

Options
  • 25-04-2014 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Folks am using Ego Twist battery with iclear 16. Noticed (as can be seen from my previous post) that there was liquid on battery every time I opened it despite having filled it properly. This has to be dangerous......got the Aspire Bdc last week as was recommended....liquid still appearing on top of battery after a few pulls. I keep cleaning top of battery, but it's beginning to freak me out. What's wrong here....

Also how long to these batteries last roughly.....I know it depends on how much you use it...using only for a short periods during the day. Have it about 2 months.

Help please ...thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glicster

I have my ego twists about a year now and they still work fine.used 3 in rotation tho. I also have to wipe my battery every time i remove my clearo for filling. Wouldnt worry about it just keep doin it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Snowshower wrote: »
    Folks am using Ego Twist battery with iclear 16. Noticed (as can be seen from my previous post) that there was liquid on battery every time I opened it despite having filled it properly. This has to be dangerous......got the Aspire Bdc last week as was recommended....liquid still appearing on top of battery after a few pulls. I keep cleaning top of battery, but it's beginning to freak me out. What's wrong here....

Also how long to these batteries last roughly.....I know it depends on how much you use it...using only for a short periods during the day. Have it about 2 months.

Help please ...thanks

Leaking issues are often due to overfilling with these clearos, try filling it just under the max line and you shouldn't have any more problems.

It's not ideal getting the contact soaked in juice but it's not something to be majorly concerned about either, like glicster mentioned, with cartos it happens on a regular basis and you just have to keep it clean.

I started vaping around the end of 08/09 and I still have a battery from my first starter kit that holds a charge, all the others I bought around that time are dead, won't hold a charge, won't charge or they broke after a small fall.

If I remember correctly I think they advertise 300+ charge cycles, but they can fall short of this and they can also go well beyond it, though you'll probably notice a drop in performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

Par for the course with clearos. I find that this is much less of an issue with the Aspire BDC compared to Kangers and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Welcome to the wonderful world of vaping.
    I actually never had any real leaking issues with clearos!
    Bar perhaps a CE8 that I binned after a day.

Currently using a Protank Mini and a H2 clearo.
    Neither has leaked since I bought them weeks ago.

Are the seals on the Aspire OK?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Liquid on the battery will not short it out.....so don't worry about it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Smacs89

As said above, just give the battery post a wipe when youre changing the clearo's/tanks etc.
    I started off with a regular starter kit (with ce4's) and noticed it quite a lot with them, now using protanks (1 and 3) and don't have the issue at all. But recently tried 2 vivi nova's (not sure if they are genuine ones or not) and the two of them are doing nothing but leaking.

Different tanks/clearo's can have different effects to some people i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Snowshower

Thanks for all the info....more worried about the health aspect of this leaking....am always careful with filling them...such a pain!!

Well Neil, just as a little test I put a little bit of liquid into the aspire and took it off the battery and placed it on a tissue and yep liquid is coming out....maybe it's faulty......only 1 day old.

Yeah, definitely sounds faulty!
    Where did you get it from?

• Advertisement

According to their site,

"We want you to be happy with all our products - if you experience any issues, please get in touch"

I'd give them a shout and explain the problem, give them a chance to put it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

Its nothing, i used to roll my own so i actually enjoy the ritual of drying off the contact etc.

Advertisement