Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

started an honesty egg box

Options
  • 25-04-2014 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Just want to report that the people in my neighbourhood are an honest bunch. I have recently started an honesty egg box at the end of the lane where I live. My other half was dubious, to say the least, advising me that, eggs, money, box and table that the box sits on would all be gone. But Im delighted to say he is wrong and a month in, I am doing really well with egg sales and 100 % honest. It seems people still enjoy fresh free range eggs from the farm gate and are happy with the arrangement. All I need now are more hens...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

No honest eggs round my place, one could say they were...... bad eggs (ba dom tish).

Took me a while to figure out what you were on about but a great idea if it works. Is the price set or can anyone just put in what they like for as many eggs as they like? What would a half dozen cost?

There were 3 different brands of eggs in my local yesterday (Wests Awake, Woodville Farms and Ballisodare Farm) ranging from €1.69 to €2.24 for 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Sounds perfect to me. No need for small-talk and fresh farm eggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ducknut

Plazaman wrote: »
    No honest eggs round my place, one could say they were...... bad eggs (ba dom tish).

Took me a while to figure out what you were on about but a great idea if it works. Is the price set or can anyone just put in what they like for as many eggs as they like? What would a half dozen cost?

There were 3 different brands of eggs in my local yesterday (Wests Awake, Woodville Farms and Ballisodare Farm) ranging from €1.69 to €2.24 for 6.

I have a sign which says 6 eggs for €1.50 which makes them cheaper than tesco. I know I could charge more, but we are still experimenting with this and am proud of my honest neighbours who always leave the correct amount.

Advertisement