Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit in New York

Options
  • 25-04-2014 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

HI, Can I use my Visa Debit Card for shopping in New York rather than a Credit Card?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi IsMiseAvril.

Thanks for getting in touch with us and welcome to Boards.ie.

It is possible to use your Visa Debit card anywhere in the world where you see the Visa logo displayed. 
    When abroad in countries such as America, the atm withdrawal limits are significantly reduced. In general, customers can usually withdraw amounts of up to e250 however, you may need to attempt smaller amounts to begin with.

Please note, there are charges when using your Visa Debit card abroad. You can find information on these fees on our website here.

Have a great trip. If we can help you with anything else, please let us know.
    Laura.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 IsMiseAvril

Thanks for your prompt reply,

Would it be better if I got a Credit Card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

You've very welcome IsMiseAvril.

You will also incur charges when using a credit card abroad to make either a point of sale transaction or an atm withdrawal. 
    For information on using a credit card abroad and the fees that may be applied, please see here.

Hope this helps. If we can assist you further, please don't hesitate to contact us.
    Laura

Advertisement