Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SE Asia - 3 Month Trip, Advice Please

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

jimmyboy wrote: »
    Heading over south east asia for 6 weeks. Can we get the free 30 day visa, leave for cambodia and Vietnam, then fly back in and get abother free 30 day visa?

Slightly off topic to your question but this might be useful for the Cambodia visa.
    I arrived by air to Pnomh Penh so I'm not sure if the same applies crossing a land border but we had to have cash for the visa processing. No credit card.
    Think it was $21. Your supposed to have passport photos but if you don't you get them done for $1.

I crossed into Cambodia via the Mekong Delta about 6 years ago, tour guide handled visas that time and we forked out $50 dollars

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭jimmyboy

Having a bit of a problem.
    When we originally arrive in bangkok, I imagine they will want proof of onward travel so we can get the 30 day visa.
    Thing is, it doesn't look like you can pre book any bus or train to cambodia.
    I know booking flights is an option bit its not sonething we really planned.
    Any advice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

You won't need any proof of onward travel. My second visit to Thailand, I had nothing booked as we were getting a boat from Thailand to Malaysia. You'll be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭jimmyboy

Is it essentially just get off the plane and ask for the visa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Pretty much! If you're flying, the airline will give you little slips to fill in. Hand that into immigration and they take a digital photo of you, tear off the departure slip and leave it in your passport. Then when you're leaving the country fill in your departure slip and hand it in as you leave!

Very painless and really shouldn't be a worry for anyone. Free too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

It's not a visa technically. You just get a stamp at immigration allowing you to stay for 30 days.

While I've never been asked for proof of onward travel in dozens of arrivals in Bangkok I have been asked twice before boarding my flight to Bangkok. Both times I was flying from China and it's unlikely you'll be asked coming from Europe.

Advertisement