Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing machine repair man

Options
  • 25-04-2014 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hi all
    Need to find a reasonable washing machine repair man that can call to the house In west cork to take a look at my machine that's stopped working I'm near timoleague area any recs would be great
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

I think you might have to find someone who is familiar with the brand itself. Get onto the brand of your washing machine to might find someone that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭.red.

Hi all
    Need to find a reasonable washing machine repair man that can call to the house In west cork to take a look at my machine that's stopped working I'm near timoleague area any recs would be great
    Thanks
    Look up iona appliance repairs. They wont travel down that far but will give you a name and number of someone that will. Their very good to deal with and wont reccommend a cowboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 abitofcheese

Iona?? Your having a Laugh. Rip off Merchants at Its very Best!

Iona?? Your having a Laugh. Rip off Merchants at Its very Best!
    Any dealings ive had with them have been good. No complaints.

Everyone Is different I guess. The amount of negative things I hear from my customers is nothing short of amazing.Still those with Money to burn may find them good.

• Advertisement

Everyone Is different I guess. The amount of negative things I hear from my customers is nothing short of amazing.Still those with Money to burn may find them good.

Ive used them for parts a few times with small jobs i could do myself and they were pretty much the same price as what i could find online.
    Because of where im living they wont travel out to me but have given contact details of people who have done the job for a reasonable price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭blindsider

@Abitofcheese - Another plus for Iona here - found them helpful, reliable and punctual. They may not be cheap, but they got my w/m and oven fixed over the yrs.

I note you haven't recommended anyone...?

The reason I have not recommended anyone is I do Not know a repairman in West Cork.! I am certainly not going to Suggest Iona,Christ knows how much they would charge the poor fella if they had to go down there. !!

The reason I have not recommended anyone is I do Not know a repairman in West Cork.! I am certainly not going to Suggest Iona,Christ knows how much they would charge the poor fella if they had to go down there. !!
    im a lot closer to the city than west cork and they wouldnt come as far as my house so doubt theyd go down west. they did give me a number of a guy who would, which is why i said to ring them, as explained above. the guy they reccommended came out, had a look, took part numbers and came back the next day to fix it and charged €60 plus parts which was reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭blindsider

Well, you certainly gave the impression that you're in that (general) business.

You were very quick to rubbish the helpful suggestions made by others, but unable to offer sth positive yourself......

/constructive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

http://www.cylex.ie/company/washing+machine+clinic-11104520.html

I use this man and would recommend him, I don't know if he'll travel that far though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

celica00 wrote: »
    I think you might have to find someone who is familiar with the brand itself. Get onto the brand of your washing machine to might find someone that way.
    If repairmen had to stick to one brand they wouldn't get much work :( The basics of a washing machine are the same and manufacturers sending out their own repair men will fleece you with call out charges before they even look at the machine.

Advertisement