Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Van rental in Cork

Options
  • 25-04-2014 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a Van rental in the city? We'll need it from a Friday evening to a Saturday evening. I've googled but would like recommendations before I book. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ddad

I've used johnston and Perrot four or five times. Always found them reasonable to deal with and price competitive. They had a box body van the last time I used them that I moved house in. A pig to drive but massive load space and no more expensive than a transit. Id recommend them. They used to be avis I think before they went independent. You can also drop the van back at any stage and drop the keys in the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

Ddad wrote: »
    I've used johnston and Perrot four or five times. Always found them reasonable to deal with and price competitive. They had a box body van the last time I used them that I moved house in. A pig to drive but massive load space and no more expensive than a transit. Id recommend them. They used to be avis I think before they went independent. You can also drop the van back at any stage and drop the keys in the door.

Great, I'll check them out, thanks Ddad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

Have used CAB in the past for transit type thingy, no problems

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

North Gate Vehicle Hire
    http://www.northgatevehiclehire.ie/van_hire_cork.html

They'll sort out the insurance for you as well

Thanks for those recommendations Dbu and mordeith.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ddad

You can transfer your own insurance from your car over if your policy from you own insurers allows. That's what I did

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

There was another thread about this recently, search the forum for "Johnson" and you'll find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

With Gocar you can rent a Ford Transit van.

http://www.gocar.ie

Depends on the distance you plan to travel though - works out great for short trips, but the mileage of a longish trip adds up pretty quickly.

Thanks very much everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭dwiseman

Cork rent a van - it's what they specialize in. They are very reasonable price wise and great to deal with.

http://www.corkrentavan.com/

• Advertisement

dwiseman wrote: »
    Cork rent a van - it's what they specialize in. They are very reasonable price wise and great to deal with.

http://www.corkrentavan.com/

Thanks, any idea of their prices? No info on the site that I can see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭dwiseman

The price varies depending on duration of rental, van size etc, just give them a call and you can get the details, do you want me to drive it for you too!

dwiseman wrote: »
    The price varies depending on duration of rental, van size etc, just give them a call and you can get the details, do you want me to drive it for you too!

All the other sites have prices shown without having to ring, I don't see why that's a big ask!

Anyway I checked out all those companies and Hertz are coming in as the most reasonable for a transit. Thanks for the recommendations everyone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

I'd be the same way, I'm very lax to deal with companies that are too secretive - or just plain lazy - to list their price. Ditto POA on car ads. I just ignore them.

Advertisement