Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Green tea?

• 25-04-2014 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Has anyone found green tea useful to boost weight loss?
    Just to clarify, I mean in addition to diet/exercise, not instead of it.
    A friend started drinking it a few times a day instead of water and he said it helped him lose weight faster. He was on a diet/exercise plan already and the green tea was the only change he made.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,854 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

No not in my case, gave up tea and coffee about a month ago and switched to green tea and cinnamon ones. But no effect I can could see. I hope my liver enjoys the break from the coffee
    ;-)

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

No if I remember correctly the metabolic increase only 90kcals for 5 cups.

Not really worth it if you don't like green tea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,512 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

The effect is next to miniscule, but it doesn't do any harm and have positives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

I find you're less likely to want to dunk a biscuit in a green tea ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

I prefer black coffee. Whatever minimal metabolic influence it has is due to caffeine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Wickers26

I found it brilliant for losing weight, I drank loads of it thou and a minimum of 2 litres of water a day. Try get the Matcha green tea, it's a powder and more potent, costs around e15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

vard wrote: »
    I prefer black coffee. Whatever minimal metabolic influence it has is due to caffeine.

I'm the same. Isn't coffee considered a benefit anyway. It's also about 4 calories a cup if you're watching your weight!

Advertisement