Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really need some motivation to study im really stuck, any tips or advice ?

• 25-04-2014 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hi I'm really stuck and I need help on studying

basically my problem is that I can't study, can't find the motivation to study.. but I want to study.. I want to do well

Its not specifically related to leaving cert im well past my leaving cert at this stage, im in third level

Ive always found it difficult to study I always feel guilty about it, whereas a good amount of people in my class come out with 2.1s and 1.1s but I always struggle to barely pass my exams

I do have ambitions that I want to achieve but for some reason they still dont motivate me to study

My exams start in 3 weeks, any tips or advice on how I can motivate myself to study ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Unsure as to why you didn't post in the college forums, but I kinda have the same problems as you. I did pretty well in the mocks, which is part of the reason why I am struggling to motivate myself. You seem to know that you should study, but can't. All I can say is just suck it up, sit down and do what works best, writing notes, mindmaps, sample q's etc. That's what works for me when I really don't want to do anything, you just have to force yourself, there's no other way to do it. You could try motivational videos, they don't work for me but could for others. Other than that idk, if it means locking yourself in a room with just books and a desk then so be it, it's only for a few more weeks.

Advertisement