Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gouldings Plant Food - 2 years old!

• 25-04-2014 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a nearly full bottle of Gouldings plant food that's a couple of years old. Can't see a 'use by' date on the bottle. Does anyone know if it would still be ok to use? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

Not sure, just wanna know a general query from the gardening enthusiasts. this may seem like a silly question but do you feed alll your plants all the time during the growing season and if so what do you use? is there an all round feed that is good for most plants? i generally put them in the ground and leave them without feeding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

Hi,
    I have a nearly full bottle of Gouldings plant food that's a couple of years old. Can't see a 'use by' date on the bottle. Does anyone know if it would still be ok to use? Thanks :)
    Can't see why not, worse case scenario is that it would be ineffective.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,846 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Not sure, just wanna know a general query from the gardening enthusiasts. this may seem like a silly question but do you feed alll your plants all the time during the growing season and if so what do you use? is there an all round feed that is good for most plants? i generally put them in the ground and leave them without feeding.
    i would manure the soil between plantings in a bed with veg in them, but for 'decorative' plants, the only fertilisation they'd get once in the ground might be a winter mulching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Thanks. I will try it on a few plants and see if they are ok!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Hi,

The only thing you might find is some of the ingredients might have crystallised slightly , give it a good shake and use it, it will be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

I've been using Osmo tomato feed for all fruit and flowering plants. And Osmo general purpose granular feed. It's an organic range and great stuff.
    Also using manure, compost and blood, fish and bone.
    BFB is a great general feed. 6 weeks seems to be the magic number for between feeds. Or else use your judgement and feed when the plants look hungry and yellowing.

Advertisement