Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about non-payment of rent

Options
  • 25-04-2014 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, If a tenant is in situ 3 months and is overdue with their 3rd months rent does the landlord need to issue a 14 day warming notice of failure to pay before they can issue 28 days notice of termination or, because they are there less than 6 months are the rules slightly different? i.e. can the landlord issue the eviction notice straight away? I'm neither the tenant nor the landlord but asking on behalf of someone who's not a boards user.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

Rent arrears is the one thing (that I can think of) which always requires at least the 14 day Notice and then the Notice of Termination. Any other breach of tenant's obligations during the first six months, a NoT may be served immediately.

Advertisement