Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why cant I download my Estatements nor get a satisfactory reply from BOI????

• 25-04-2014 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

Why can't I download my Estatements nor get a satisfactory reply from BOI????

No one I contact will give me their name or a contact number or email to deal with this.

I have dealt with staff on the phone after waiting up to 30minutes to an hour of calling a 1890 number, I have been a customer of boi since1991, have a number of mortgage accounts with you, YET you refuse to allow me access to my current account statements since I changed over to electronic version, which I would prefer use anyway! I have tried to contact you a number of times and have jsut been left on hold or have spoken to people for it to not go anywhere, Im sick of it.

I also want to make a complaint about a member of staff I was dealing with, as I was trying to describe a problem to them, while they spoke over me refusing to listen, they then cut off the call as I called them out on this, speaking over someone isn't any use to fixing a problem when the customer is trying to tell you whats wrong.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi cerastes,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We're sorry to hear you have been experiencing difficulties accessing your eStatements. We understand you were provided with an email address to send in screenshots, while on the call to BOI365 today. Your email has been received and this is currently being raised for investigation with our Technical Team. An official complaint will also be logged with our Complaints Team regarding your experience.

Thanks
    Tara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Hi cerastes,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We're sorry to hear you have been experiencing difficulties accessing your eStatements. We understand you were provided with an email address to send in screenshots, while on the call to BOI365 today. Your email has been received and this is currently being raised for investigation with our Technical Team. An official complaint will also be logged with our Complaints Team regarding your experience.

Thanks
    Tara
    so does this mean after 3 months or more? (its been that long I cant even recal) of trying to contact BOI, and longer trying to access Estatements that I will be able to access my Estatements?? whats the point of me switching to Estatements if I cant access them or make contact with customer service without going around in circles or waiting on hold for up to an hour.

I have spent hours on hold (actually hours, this isn't just something I'm saying, as its been up to an hour per attempt on some attempts, others I gave up after 30 minutes, last occasion I called it was answered after about 40 minutes) trying to even speak to someone, and when I have gotten through, have been given some excuse (more or less the same excuse every time),that on the few occasions I have managed to get through, that's it just happens to be very busy when I call or there is something unusual wrong with your systems, it just happens to be all the time.Something is wrong and Ive been a customer for 20+ years, its never been this bad until the last few years, its never been great, BOI customer service, but if you were forced to push for an answer you got something, that is until lately, where you get nothing.
    Customer service barely answers, almost no enquiries allowed in branch, I dont mind using the automated machines in branch, but when the q is almost out the door, and the teller more or less dismisses you for approaching them.
    Id change away from you completely but its not convenient as I have a mortgage account with you. I've already switched my current account dealings to PTSB as BOI are so bad.

I got the same excuses when I was enquiring why I could not gain access to my banking365online and kept getting logged out or failed to allow me to log in even though I was using the correct login (which by the way, still occurs, now I know I just have to try a few times, but on some occasions still fails to allow me access) that was until I came to boards and found I was not the only person with this problem, and that the last person I spoke to from BOI admitted there was some technical problems that weren't being admitted elsewhere.

Are other people having the same problem with Estatements also I wonder???

I would appreciate if you get the manager that spoke to me the other day to call me back as they said they would and that I requested, even though they aren't a technical person and told me as much. You seem to be already aware who I am so I wont pm you my details, Im sick of this, its been going on for months, I wouldnt mind there even being a problem, if, IF I could get through to customer service, which takes forever and sometimes I just had to give up as you dont have the time to wait after you are on 30 minutes at a time and arent sure you will even be answered.

At the least you could provide a non 1890 number so customers aren't ripped off calling you.

Also, I knew a print screen would not work directly into my email as requested by your staff member, the one I am making the complaint about (DmC), I sent that as an attachment on a word document.

Hi cerastes,

The manager you spoke to previously had advised that they would arrange for a representative to call you back. This call was made to you today. As mentioned above, a query has now been raised with our technical team and they will investigate this in full. 

We would like to assure you that there is no widespread issue with e-Statements and this is why the screenshot was required to investigate this specific issue. A complaint has been raised on foot of your most recent call.

To clarify, the 1890 number is a lo-call number however, BOI365 can also be contacted on their international number 00353 (0)1 4044000.

Thanks
    Tara

Hi cerastes,

The manager you spoke to previously had advised that they would arrange for a representative to call you back. This call was made to you today. As mentioned above, a query has now been raised with our technical team and they will investigate this in full. 

We would like to assure you that there is no widespread issue with e-Statements and this is why the screenshot was required to investigate this specific issue. A complaint has been raised on foot of your most recent call.

To clarify, the 1890 number is a lo-call number however, BOI365 can also be contacted on their international number 00353 (0)1 4044000.

Thanks
    Tara
    I tried that other number, never answers, goes through the automated button pushing, but you are left on hold indefinitely, I gave up after an hour a few times.

Im not giving up on this Estatements problem, either you send me paper copies or you fix the problem where they cant be downloaded (not an issue with my browser or laptop as has been suggested before on the phone) my wifes 365 account can open her pdfs within minutes (ie I log out she logs in, and downloads using the same window and tab of mozilla).

And again not as a person suggested on the phone yesterday, that I would have to pay per page a number of euros (I believe I heard 3.60) just because you cant or wont provide me with my statements.

I changed over to Estatements as I thought it would be more convenient for me, And I expect its cheaper for you (boi)

I think a week to ten days is fair to fix this, Ive been trying to contact you for months since I made my last attempt before calling customer service, which has remained unanswered since Feb this year.

If you cant fix it or dont have a clue what the problem is, I dont want to go around in circles wasting time with boi anymore, just send me hard copies or pdf versions by email (no I wont be paying, you have failed to provide me them in the first place).

Hi cerastes,

As we do not have access to customer's account details here, we would be unable to order statements on your account. Rest assured your complaint and the technical issue you've experienced will be investigated in full and you will be contacted in due course.

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement

Hi cerastes,

As we do not have access to customer's account details here, we would be unable to order statements on your account. Rest assured your complaint and the technical issue you've experienced will be investigated in full and you will be contacted in due course.

Thanks
    Tara
    I believe 10 days is fair to resolve this, what you consider due course I have no idea.
    Who can I direct my complaint to if this is not resolved in a reasonable timeframe? I mean who outside BOI as your reply of "in due course" is a bit indefinite for me, as I have already waited months to get this resolved.

I expect it will be resolved in 10 days any updates BOI can contact me by email or phone or both and you can reply to me here. Any longer would suggest to me you have no intention of resolving or are unable to resolve the problem and intend brushing it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

cerastes wrote: »
    Hi cerastes,

Thanks
    Tara
    I believe 10 days is fair to resolve this, what you consider due course I have no idea.
    Who can I direct my complaint to if this is not resolved in a reasonable timeframe? I mean who outside BOI as your reply of "in due course" is a bit indefinite for me, as I have already waited months to get this resolved.

I expect it will be resolved in 10 days any updates BOI can contact me by email or phone or both and you can reply to me here. Any longer would suggest to me you have no intention of resolving or are unable to resolve the problem and intend brushing it off.
    Good morning cerastes, 

Please see our Group Customer Complaints process here

Thanks

Billy

Hi cerastes,

Thanks
    Tara

Good morning cerastes, 

Thanks

Billy
    Ok, And who outside BoI can I direct my complaint to also,
    Consumer complaint or Financial service or will you decline to inform me what my options are,
    You're failing to provide me with access to basic financial records and I've repeatedly requested these, I've tried numerous times to contact you, but the service to contact you seems to be so poor its effectively unavailable, when I got through eventually after numerous attempts, I requested to be contacted back, eventually the last person I spoke to declined to listen to me when I explained the problem to them and when I corrected them on this, they ended the call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi cerastes,

Thanks
    Tara

Good morning cerastes, 

Thanks

Billy
    Ok, And who outside BoI can I direct my complaint to also,
    Consumer complaint or Financial service or will you decline to inform me what my options are,
    You're failing to provide me with access to basic financial records and I've repeatedly requested these, I've tried numerous times to contact you, but the service to contact you seems to be so poor its effectively unavailable, when I got through eventually after numerous attempts, I requested to be contacted back, eventually the last person I spoke to declined to listen to me when I explained the problem to them and when I corrected them on this, they ended the call.
    Hi cerastes, 

Thanks for your post.

As previously mentioned, your complaint is being investigated by our Group Customer Complaints Department. We do not have access to access these details. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the investigation, you have the right to refer the complaint to the Financial Services Ombudsman. Information on this can be found here

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 1 catriona85

Hey, fun fact, I'm having the exact same problem 3 years later! 
    Why is it not surprising to me that BoI still haven't fixed this...

• Advertisement

catriona85 wrote: »
    Hey, fun fact, I'm having the exact same problem 3 years later! 
    Why is it not surprising to me that BoI still haven't fixed this...
    Hi catriona85,

Sorry to hear this. Can you please let us know the exact nature of the issue you're experiencing and have you raised this with Customer Services?

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement