Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4G coverage in Waterford

Options
  • 25-04-2014 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any experience of 4G coverage in Waterford? Which operator are you with and what are the speeds like? Particularly interested in Three as they do an unlimited usage pack.

Area's like City Center, out by Kilcohen or out the Cork Road.

Looking at upgrading currently, wondering is it worth the 25% per month price hike on my current plan!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Been using 4G with emobile since the day it came to waterford and never had a problem with it from using in the city centre to WIT

But its still very patchy at the moment as where i was living one part of the place i would get 4G but if i went to the back of it i had no 4G. It was the same with the college i could easily have full bars with 4G but some parts in the college i got notting at all with them.

But for 25% extra a month i wouldn't pay it at all but if your around a lot of areas where you wont be using wifi it might be worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

im with 3 and i get an average of 30mb dl in the city and as far as i can make out the whole city is pretty much full coverage ,how is it 25% upgrade on your current plan? i pay 40€ a month and 4g is free until August i think and after that its just and extra 5€ a month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

My current plan is just over €30 per month so I'd be going up to €40 per month now and up to about €45 per month in August. Which is actually a 50% increase then. But I do use the data on my phone a lot so it could be worth it. Good to know Three's coverage is decent all over the city as I'm leaning towards them for unlimited usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

This is what I got earlier on. In kilcohan area on 3 network

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

cococoady wrote: »
    This is what I got earlier on. In kilcohan area

That's terrible for 4G, this is what i got in Mahon Point, Cork when i was there about a week or so ago, but i haven't got any 4G in Waterford yet (e-mobile). It's also extremely disappointing that it's about 8 times faster on download and 34 times faster upload than my home broadband... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

cococoady wrote: »
    This is what I got earlier on. In kilcohan area on 3 network

That's pretty disappointing for 4G tbh. Getting 11mb downloads on 3G right now out the Cork road. Will test again again when I'm home in Greenfields, near Kilcohen.

:EDIT: Screenshot to follow, upload keeps crashing for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

I signed up with meteor the other day for their mobile broadband. . I haven't done a speed test with it yet, but will do when I am back in work as that's where I use it.

Seems a good price at €18.74/m for 20gig or for €22.50/m you get 30gig

I was paying Vodafone 19.99/m for 10gig

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭eagerv

Stokolan wrote: »
    I signed up with meteor the other day for their mobile broadband. . I haven't done a speed test with it yet, but will do when I am back in work as that's where I use it.

I have 4G with eMobile. Should be same service as Meteor. Have yet to get 4G in Waterford City, but plenty of H+. Best speed I have got is 22 Mbps, but normally between 3 and 9 Mbps.

Will be interested to hear what speed you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

eagerv wrote: »
    I have 4G with eMobile. Should be same service as Meteor. Have yet to get 4G in Waterford City, but plenty of H+. Best speed I have got is 22 Mbps, but normally between 3 and 9 Mbps.

Will be interested to hear what speed you get.

Its saying 4G on the modem but all I got was 9Mbps. Not great but not bad considering all I was only getting 2 - 3 Mbps on Vodafone.

3483438415.png3483448674.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I'm on Vodafone and was getting a solid 38+ in Waterford at the weekend> Often cases 40 and 41 Meg. A friend was sitting beside me on 3 and was on 4G as well and was only getting 9Meg. Both the same handsets but just different networks...

Can't post a screenshot at the min but have the screencaptures of the speedtests, thought it was pretty impressive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭jamiecoins

Anyone from tramore getting signal on 3? Can pick it up only in certain places

Advertisement