Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone doing the Bar in the U.K.?

Options
  • 25-04-2014 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hello- has anyone out there done or is doing or hopes to do the U.K. Bar? Would LOVE to chat if so...

I got accepted to an Inn of Court, applied for a scholarship, applied to get the college transcript reviewed by the Bar Standards Board- the last point is the stickler, I had an incomplete application as I got confused while making it and now am running around like a headless chicken trying to get the information together... I did Law & European Studies at U.L. - U.L. is winding down, I have to ring ten times before I get through to anyone at the law office, I'm worried all the lecturers will be off on holidays... As a result, I'm worried I won't have the results of the review by September in time for the G.D.L.- I have convinced the G.D.L. providers to keep offers open until I know in September, they've all been very kind and allowed me a bit of flexibility.

My question is has anyone been there? Does anyone know what subjects I'm likely to have to do come September? Guessing Land, Public, English Legal System and Legal Research? Also my E.U. law is a few years old at this stage (2007-08) I think... would it be out of date?

Also, if anyone has done the U.K. Bar and done the whole hog applying for scholarships and the rest of it, I'd love any insight into the scholarship interview and what that's like.

Advertisement