Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An post/customs lost a registered parcel

Options
  • 25-04-2014 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there,

I had a custom made suit delivered from outside the EU via registered mail. I have an an post tracking number and it has registered as 'item recieved' in the Portlaoise on the 13th. All items then go to customs and apparently get scanned into customs before being processed, however nothing has come up on my package apart from it arriving.

When I ring an post they say it must have gone into customs and missed its scan on the way in, when I try get hold of customs they say there is no record of it and an post must have it. It's been 12 days now and still no sign of it, as some unhelpful wagon at an post customer services said 'It's not looking good'. How can a registered package just vanish into thin air??? Does anyone know if I can make a claim or it anyone is liable for it? Are registered items automatically insured for a certain amount?

The suit is worth a lot, I'm not sure what the sender put on the customs decleration form so if it is sitting in customs how long does it usually take to get a letter through the door asking for a receipt etc?

Any help would be great cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,981 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

swift7521 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I had a custom made suit delivered from outside the EU via registered mail. I have an an post tracking number and it has registered as 'item recieved' in the Portlaoise on the 13th. All items then go to customs and apparently get scanned into customs before being processed, however nothing has come up on my package apart from it arriving.

When I ring an post they say it must have gone into customs and missed its scan on the way in, when I try get hold of customs they say there is no record of it and an post must have it. It's been 12 days now and still no sign of it, as some unhelpful wagon at an post customer services said 'It's not looking good'. How can a registered package just vanish into thin air??? Does anyone know if I can make a claim or it anyone is liable for it? Are registered items automatically insured for a certain amount?

The suit is worth a lot, I'm not sure what the sender put on the customs decleration form so if it is sitting in customs how long does it usually take to get a letter through the door asking for a receipt etc?

Any help would be great cheers!

You can't deal with the missing item. You need to contact the sender for them to chase up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭skelligs

swift7521 wrote: »
    Hi there,

some unhelpful wagon at an post customer services said 'It's not looking good'. !

lovely language.

I could give you advice - but I despise people who insult others for no reason and therefore won't.

Advertisement