Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm sorry sir, we don't insure those

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭mervifwdc

Yup, I had all the same hastle, even Carl Nash refused me :-)

I ended up with FBD, mainly as a repeat customer as my house was already with them.

and since 2012 sometime, I've been with allesie (as per the link above) while we've been outside of Ireland. BUT: Allesie cannot insure us when we are back in Ireland - some weird insurance regulation.

Glad you got sorted!

Love to see pictures of this beastie! bit of a Landy man myself....

Merv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

mervifwdc wrote: »
    Love to see pictures of this beastie! bit of a Landy man myself....

Merv.

308953.jpg

308954.jpg

she's a beauty (well, to me she is)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Wexie,

I'm still curious as to whether you have insurance as a classic car or camper.

As Carole Nash wouldn't insure my 1986 camper, as a classic or otherwise, I'm assuming that you have it as a car?, if so, how does this work with having it registered as a camper?.

I do no more than 1500 miles per year maximum so I find it slightly annoying that I have to pay the same as a camper that's being used all year round, and no consideration given to the value of the vehicle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Wexie,

I'm still curious as to whether you have insurance as a classic car or camper.
    Just as a classic car
    I do no more than 1500 miles per year maximum so I find it slightly annoying that I have to pay the same as a camper that's being used all year round, and no consideration given to the value of the vehicle.

Yes unfortunately there seems to be little rhyme or reason to the insurance market here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭oinkely

Wexie, if youa re looking for broken windsurfing masts I would imagine you want RDM ones (these are the skinny ones, SDM are a good bit wider). There's a windsurfireland group on yahoo and if you posted there you would get a response. Also, bigsurf.ie would probably have a few lying around the warehouse.

cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement