Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with estate agent!

Options
  • 25-04-2014 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello, i`ll start with the story and after that with the questions regarding my problem.

All started last year in october when the estate agent came in to the restaurant that i own and told me that the bank ownes the building and i need to pay the rent to his bank account. He told me that someone from the bank will contact me after Christmas, i waited and waited and nobody called.

I told him that i need something fixed and he said that i need to fix them myself. Then i told him again i want to know what will happen in the near future and he said that he doesnt have any news.

Next thing someone comes in to the restaurant and he said that he needs to put "For sale" signs on the building. I looked on daft and i`ve seen an ad with the restaurant name and pictures saying that the restaurant is for sale.

I went to his office and the first thing he started to mock me if i brought the cheque to buy the restaurant or what is the problem.
    I want to know if i have any legal rights and if its legal to use a contract with a person that doesnt have any right on the building, any more (since the old landlord left i didnt sign any contract).

I`ve invested money (everything in the premises i bought) and worked to hard to be left outside, its doing ok for me, i am trying to make a loan to buy the restaurant but untill i have an answer from the bank i want to know if i can call the actual bank and tell them the story and if its normal to ad the restaurant for sale untill the contract is gone

Thank you!

Advertisement