Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BANGERNOMICS CAR OF THE WEEK/DAY

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,880 ✭✭✭RayCon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

'05 Tragic 7 seater, asking just €999!

Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

unkel wrote: »
    '05 Tragic 7 seater, asking just €999!

Linky

Why would it be only 10e a year to tax?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Why would it be only 10e to tax a year?

It's 710, there's dirt or something on the glass. Probably glue from an old disc holder.

It's 710, there's dirt or something on the glass. Probably glue from an old disc holder.

D'oh! Shoulda seen that!!:o:o

Thought for a minute that there was another scam that we are not let in on!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

00 Honda Accord : with NCT til next March, bit old and not the fanciest but only 750 for what is a solid car, tax til next March too which is worth 200 ish in itself

01 Skoda Octavia: Fancy Laurin Klement model has leather heated seats and all, says has full service history, 1850

89 Volvo 740 Ok not really Bangernomics as is still on uk plates, prob better in classic thread, but still thought I'd post, 495 for what was the British Ambassador to Swedens car apparently. Looks in great nick for its age, Haynes manual in boot which is good sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Pretty sure that Octavia - which to be fair looks a nice example - was posted here recently I think - with different location and pics in the ad.

But I MAY be wrong - apologies if so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,843 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Old diesel wrote: »
    Pretty sure that Octavia - which to be fair looks a nice example - was posted here recently I think - with different location and pics in the ad.

I think I posted one but it was the diesel.

Old diesel wrote: »

No, you're right. The exact same car was posted here a bit over 2 weeks ago by W123-80's. Back then the asking price was €1,400, which imho was high, but a rare spec so maybe worth it to someone

€1,850 is ridiculous though for a 14 year old Octavia petrol...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

I love that volvo. Wonder how much vrt would be on something that old.
    cruizer101 wrote: »
    89 Volvo 740 Ok not really Bangernomics as is still on uk plates, prob better in classic thread, but still thought I'd post, 495 for what was the British Ambassador to Swedens car apparently. Looks in great nick for its age, Haynes manual in boot which is good sign.

• Advertisement

VRT is €720

On a classic car (>30 years old) this drops to a flat rate of €200

Vrt makes it worthless then...stupid system. Better off keeping it in a shed till 2019.
    VRT is €720

On a classic car (>30 years old) this drops to a flat rate of €200

percy212 wrote: »
    Vrt makes it worthless then...stupid system. Better off keeping it in a shed till 2019.

Even then, you'd have to get the car NCT tested every year onwards and it is unlikely to pass the test after having been in a shed for 5 years. Would need a full service, timing belt (if it has a belt) and 4 new tyres at that stage at the very least, so the guts of a grand gone there

And I hope that shed of yours is in the UK, not here. Otherwise you still have to pay €720 in 2019 plus a hefty fine!

As you can see, UK reg cars do not belong in this thread...

I suspect very few UK reg cars older than 10 years are imported into Ireland these days, even classic cars. Most go the other way...

'06 Panda, full 2 years NCT, asking €2,250 - surely yours for €2k cash?

Linky

Linky

Such an underrated car. I had one once as a rental in Italy, sure it was as quick as grass growing and as such quite thirsty but I loved the noise of the engine when revved :D
    Lovely car and so so easy to park! I'd say you'd be doing very well to get that at 2k. It's a bargain as it is.

You're probably right. But just thinking as a seller now, would I really refuse 2k if someone waved it in front of me? I guess it depends if the seller has had a few calls already.

Never driven one myself but I love the Seicento. The Italians are still pretty good at making small basic but still exciting to drive cars. If you've ever been to Italy, you know it's in their genes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1984-honda-civic-shuttle/8014582
    34663091.jpeg

NCT, check
    Tax, check
    Its Japanese, its frugal, and its ugly, but its cheap.

I'd still like this though, haha.

It's ugly alright. Not that cheap. Not that frugal either (1.5l petrol with a 3-speed autobox)

€56 per year tax though, a lot of Irish people would buy it for that reason alone :pac:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1984-honda-civic-shuttle/8014582
    34663091.jpeg

NCT, check
    Tax, check
    Its Japanese, its frugal, and its ugly, but its cheap.

I'd still like this though, haha.

T'would make a good field car...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Linky

I think I want one of those as 'my'* first car. There's something appealing about them as a small car. It'll just be for trips to the train station so I don't need anything flash. Of course ideally I'd like the 100 HP but that's a little overkill.

*Any car purchases to date have been for the missus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭high horse

bear1 wrote: »
    T'would make a good field car...

I had one of these 10 years ago when I was in Australia, automatic gearbox too. It didn't make a good road car, could only be worse in a field!

bear1 wrote: »
    sure it was as quick as grass growing and as such quite thirsty but I loved the noise of the engine when revved :D

You need the panda 100hp then.... :pac::pac::pac:
    Now thats a fun car.

** Edit: Ah, beaten by Kintarō :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

I think I want one of those as 'my'* first car. There's something appealing about them as a small car. It'll just be for trips to the train station so I don't need anything flash. Of course ideally I'd like the 100 HP but that's a little overkill.

*Any car purchases to date have been for the missus.
    You need the panda 100hp then.... :pac::pac::pac:
    Now thats a fun car.

** Edit: Ah, beaten by Kintarō :)

They are a very very rare car to see let alone buy. Even in Italy you'd struggle.
    As Unkel said, the Italians have it in their blood when it comes to the small, cheap as chips, cheerful and nippy cars.
    I drove a Lancia Ypsilon a few years back with the 1.2 engine. Shag all power but you'd floor it absolutely everywhere.
    Kintaro, I'd go and take a look at the Panda if it is something you are interested in.
    AFAIK they don't suffer from many issues. Open for correction on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/06-laguna-1-6-low-milage/7607552

06 laguna 1.6 ONLY 60000 WARRENTED MILES new nct 03/2016 new tyres fully serviced parking sensors 4 e/w e/m c/l alloys a/c s/r

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

A REALLY GOOD VALUE CAR ...........BLACK METALIC WITH A CONTRASTING LIGHT INTERIOR ......AVEO........EXTRA FEATURES INCLUDE CD PLAYER , CENTRAL LOCKING OFF REMOTE KEY , ELECTRIC SUNROOF , LEATHER STEERING WHEEL , VELOUR SEATING , ELECTRIC WINDOWS X 4 AND ELECTRIC MIRRORS .....FOCUS...........A GREAT VALUE FAMILY CAR WITH A MASSIVE BOOT .........KEYS X 2 .ALL SERVICE BOOKS AND MANUALS WITH CAR .............1 PREVIOUS OWNER

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1-owner-car-driving-as-new/7876397

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

A 2005 Alfa gt with test until next June. Test it now and get 2 years test...there's potential for profit from it....
    Won't be the fastest thing in the world, but a lovely place to be all the same.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/8022560

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

A 2005 Alfa gt with test until next June. Test it now and get 2 years test...there's potential for profit from it....

Nice car. Does the passenger side look repainted though?

Can't tell but I don't get that impression. The wheels belong to a 156/147 though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

The shine seems off to me, like there is an orange peel effect. Maybe it's just the pics though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

sheesh wrote: »

The fact that that's still for sale over a week worries me.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The fact that that's still for sale over a week worries me.

True. Normally at this stage it have had been bought by a 17 year old lad, slammed to the balls, tinted the living daylights out of the windows. Seat in the fully back position, number plates put to resemble German ones, TDI removed and RS4 put in its place and a double exhaust system inserted where only one of the pipes work :D

I wonder if the damage above the front left wheel has something to do with it?

A REALLY GOOD VALUE CAR ...........BLACK METALIC WITH A CONTRASTING LIGHT INTERIOR ......AVEO........EXTRA FEATURES INCLUDE CD PLAYER , CENTRAL LOCKING OFF REMOTE KEY , ELECTRIC SUNROOF , LEATHER STEERING WHEEL , VELOUR SEATING , ELECTRIC WINDOWS X 4 AND ELECTRIC MIRRORS .....FOCUS...........A GREAT VALUE FAMILY CAR WITH A MASSIVE BOOT .........KEYS X 2 .ALL SERVICE BOOKS AND MANUALS WITH CAR .............1 PREVIOUS OWNER

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1-owner-car-driving-as-new/7876397

That's got 2 owners if its one previous owner. Title says one owner car :confused:

Ffs, typical that this comes up now that I'm not looking.

I'd love this :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,018 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Nice clean 04 clio with a years test and tax asking 1399

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/04-renault-clio-new-nct-tax/8021258

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭W123-80's

Weren't the AMG's a 3.6?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Nice clean 04 clio with a years test and tax asking 1399

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/04-renault-clio-new-nct-tax/8021258

NCT is bogus. It's been out since September this year.

And it's in Co.Meath as followers of this thread will know has been plagued with ads and cars like this. And all the other outlandish claims in the ad, coupled with the price.

Report it.

How can you tell it's clean btw? Crap photos and none of the inside.

Avoid it anyway.

• Advertisement

Moneymaker wrote: »
    NCT is bogus. It's been out since September this year.

Tax is bogus too. It runs out this month (so not "Taxed Until October 2015" :rolleyes:). I'd have no problem reporting that. Donedeal is very good these days at following it up and deleting the ad. Unlike adverts.ie where I reported several stolen bikes for sale recently and adverts.ie did nothing.

Good work I should have known from the price, Do they provide fake NCT certs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Good work I should have known from the price, Do they provide fake NCT certs?

Load of them were stolen earlier in the year in the Meath area.

Reported it and the ad has been removed already so fair play to DoneDeal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Absolutely brilliant cars! That's a very early one though which wasn't as nice or comfortable as the 03 onwards cars.

My parents had a beige-ish one which we called the Honda Jizz, it was a good car though.

Another Japanese small car slightly raiding the piggybank
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/daihatsu-sirion-2005-with-nct/8030282

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement