Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BANGERNOMICS CAR OF THE WEEK/DAY

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Kaiser D wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/subaru-vivio-gli/7477103
    32080825.jpeg
    Meh, I'd roll in it, years test and everything.

Dreadful looking yoke.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

Awful. I'd still roll in it :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2006-hyundai-coupe-v6-new-nct-fsh/7445701
    31934192.jpeg
    Manual, V6, looks good, low miles, fsh, 2 years test, surely you could get it for €2k or less.

Good value for money but a poor enough v6 in them developing only circa 160-165bhp which makes the high tax hard to justify.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

You like Lexi I guess. ;)

You like Lexi I guess. ;)

Yes indeed I loved my old Rover even more so :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

i'm probably just used to ****ty little 4 bangers but the 2.7 still shifts... even in the santa fe it's pokey.

yeah you could/ should expect more bhp i suppose from 2.7 litres, i think it only produces 15bhp more than the 2.0 afair, but i would assume that the 2.7 engine was aimed at the US market or something maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

unkel wrote: »
    Car could still be ok, but I'd say it needs a belt. Get a bit of money off and you could still get a cracking car for €1,700 - €1,800 belt done. Would want someone who knows their Alfas to have a look though...

I'd go have a look, but I'd be tempted to buy the feckin thing....it's happened with every Alfa I've gone to buy, except all 8 (in the last year) engines were worth more than the cars :p

I'd agree it does look to cheap, but at the same time they can't be sold. People will look at that and then see another one for 700 with test but no history and buy that instead.
    If I thought I'd get 2 for my 156 v6 I'd put it up tomorrow. Fact of the matter is, I'd struggle to probably get half of that, even though it has upgraded suspension and brakes. So it can stay off the road, until the gtv is 20 years old. I know I keep saying it but good 156's will be rare in 2 years time, especially v6's considering most have gone to dgt's garden and never returned.
    Hell there's very few good ones for sale now and no 156 v6s at all have gone up on donedeal this year

i'm probably just used to ****ty little 4 bangers but the 2.7 still shifts... even in the santa fe it's pokey.

yeah you could/ should expect more bhp i suppose from 2.7 litres, i think it only produces 15bhp more than the 2.0 afair, but i would assume that the 2.7 engine was aimed at the US market or something maybe?

A 1.6 vti civic can match it's performance and beat it's 0-60 time, the v6 coupe has more torque though but much higher tax too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭ubs69

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Lack of Alfa's here lately lads. :pac:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/alfa-156-2005-new-n-c-t-06-2015-1600cc/7478937

32089637.jpeg

Tested til 9/15

Claimed FSH and recent belt change.

Looks lovely.

If it's legit thats a steal.
    Must of took the picture after confession ! Good Shepard in church town !

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    A 1.6 vti civic can match it's performance and beat it's 0-60 time, the v6 coupe has more torque though but much higher tax too.

the v6 coupe is smack bang in the middle of hyundais transformation from white goods to the new toyota.

i suppose comparing it to a civic is like comparing apples and oranges :) but if tax was more competitive on the coupe it would be a nice car to own i'd say.

• Advertisement

If it was 1.6 or 2.0 it wouldn't be up for €2250, so factor in tax on this one and you're about on the money with what'd you'd pay for a 1.6/2.0 coupe. Its by no means fast but I'd say it still pulls nicely. It really is a brilliant looking car too.

I had a 2.7 Santa Fe for a week. First and last Hyundai I ever owned but I like the look of that one and I imagine it drives a helluva lot better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭toyotaavensis

I had a 2.7 Santa Fe for a week. First and last Hyundai I ever owned

What happened the car in a week that you got rid of it?

I had realised my mistake on the 5th day but it took me another two to get rid of it.

takes like 8 hours to do a timing belt and the timing kit is not one bit cheap :P

cost just shy of €1k in a dealers.

mk1 santa fe is generally not the most pleasant of places to be though really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭alias no.9

I know I keep saying it but good 156's will be rare in 2 years time, especially v6's considering most have gone to dgt's garden and never returned.

homer-simpson-gdp-meme-generator-it-s-funny-because-it-s-true-e74444.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Old diesel

takes like 8 hours to do a timing belt and the timing kit is not one bit cheap :P

cost just shy of €1k in a dealers.

mk1 santa fe is generally not the most pleasant of places to be though really.

I find them fine tbh interior wise - we have the 2.0 turbodiesel here (4wd version) and imo it drives okay.

Rear legroom isn't great for what it is though - part of the issue imo - is how Hyundai mounted the front seats - on the likes of the Mk 1 Focus the front seats are mounted so your legs can slide under them.

Cant do that in the Santa fe - would be a massive improvement if you could

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

alias no.9 wrote: »
    homer-simpson-gdp-meme-generator-it-s-funny-because-it-s-true-e74444.jpg

I have no remorse for my..... Activities ;)

Still though, means 156's are that teeny extra bit rarer for 156 owners, not that it makes any difference to their plummeting value.... I've probably wiped out a sizeable chunk of the Irish 156 V6 population though :pac:

Speaking of Fiats Alfas.... A very rare sub 2.0 post from me now

NCT till July, 1250

LEATHER STEERING WHEELS

32125355.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/subaru-vivio-gli/7477103
    32080825.jpeg
    Meh, I'd roll in it, years test and everything.
    Soooo tempted...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Thargor wrote: »
    Soooo tempted...

Do it!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭W123-80's

'00 607
    Diesel
    Leather
    Test Dec '14
    Two weeks tax!

Asking €999

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/peugeot-607-2-2-litre-diesel/7489601

32143225.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

W123-80's wrote: »
    '00 607
    Diesel
    Leather
    Test Dec '14
    Two weeks tax!

Asking €999

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/peugeot-607-2-2-litre-diesel/7489601

32143225.jpeg
    Go for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

W123-80's wrote: »
    '00 607
    Diesel
    Leather
    Test Dec '14
    Two weeks tax!

Asking €999

€990 now:D

What a bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭W123-80's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

unkel wrote: »
    '05 Peugeot 407, 2.2l petrol auto, NCT 04/15, high spec, FSH, asking €1,500. If the seller is realistic, he'll accept €1,200

32023599.jpeg

That's a lot of car for the money. I would. Nice reg too :D

Azizi is now looking for €1,750. Good luck with that, Azizi :p

Linky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,858 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

dgt wrote: »
    [...]

Speaking of Fiats Alfas.... A very rare sub 2.0 post from me now

NCT till July, 1250

LEATHER STEERING WHEELS

[...]

Sadly it has 1.7 engine with 1.8 tax. :(

And wasn't easy to pass the test. ;)

318521.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭jharr100

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/7082475

2005 skoda superb
    €1995
    High miles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭jharr100

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/7485098

2002 Saab 95
    Tax till Nov
    Nct till march
    Only 600 squid
    Pity its manual and lacking cow ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

€600 quid! it hasn't even got 100k miles and nearly 200 quid of tax..got to be something wrong with it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Just buy a manual! When we bought our house we needed to get a car for her to travel to work. She was adamant she wanted an automatic for her first car. While she was at work one day I went off and bought a manual '99 Micra, came home and left it in the spot outside our house. When she came back I handed her the keys and needless to say she didn't care whether it was an automatic or manual.
    Three years later, she really enjoys driving and is delighted I didn't get the automatic she insisted on.

Folks I think I have convinced her to go for the manual at last...thanks :D

Out of these two which one would you prefer...

2001 -Suzuki
    NCT - 02/15
    62K Miles
    asking - 1000

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/suzuki-2001/7459153
    31999124.jpeg

2001- Atoz
    NCT - 01/15
    65K Miles
    asking 950

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-atoz/7334234
    31400860.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

For me I'd get the Suzuki, a 1.3 is much better to drive than a 1.0.
    Suzuki would be slightly better quality as well.

No brainer, the Suzuki every time, that Atoz is dreadful looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2006-hyundai-coupe-v6-new-nct-fsh/7445701
    31934192.jpeg
    Manual, V6, looks good, low miles, fsh, 2 years test, surely you could get it for €2k or less.

Good luck taxing that for €345:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

Good luck taxing that for €345:eek:

The 1 disappeared. A 2.7 is €1345

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Out of these two which one would you prefer...

2001 -Suzuki
    NCT - 02/15
    62K Miles
    asking - 1000

2001- Atoz
    NCT - 01/15
    65K Miles
    asking 950

The Suzuki, all day long, every day... It's like comparing apples with rotten eggs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

jharr100 wrote: »

2005 skoda superb
    €1995
    High miles

That just looks fecked. It must have been a taxi?!

Congrats sir- that's great news. Go for the Suzuki.

• Advertisement

jharr100 wrote: »

2005 skoda superb
    €1995
    High miles

not overly pertinent to the point of the thread but i can't understand how that car can get away with being badged a "superb".

Capture.jpg

they took a b5.5 passat which is dangerously mediocre to begin with, gave it different headlights and made it more even more sparse on the inside than the b5.5 and wollah! i give you the skoda superb :rolleyes: steel wheels, black plastic mouldings, riddled in switch blanks and all.

My mothers car is one of these. It has traction control, climate control, cruise control, the glove box and arm rest storage space are both fridges, fog lights front and rear, electric windows all around, more leg room in the back of the car than anything I have ever been in, great reliability, does well in crash tests and in fact that once came to my rescue.

I am no fan of what VAG produce generally but they got this right.

My mothers car is one of these. It has traction control, climate control, cruise control, the glove box and arm rest storage space are both fridges, fog lights front and rear, electric windows all around, more leg room in the back of the car than anything I have ever been in, great reliability, does well in crash tests and in fact that once came to my rescue.

I am no fan of what VAG produce generally but they got this right.

your one sounds quite nice. i seen a real nice one before too, it was a 1.8t automatic with full cow interior, 18" wheels etc and yeah, don't get me wrong it was lovely, i loved it, i'd gladly have driven it.

i feel they should have had a minimum benchmark in terms of spec if they were going to name a car like that though. calling this car a "superb" is a force to be reckoned with, it's a bit like calling your first born son "Jesus"... people will have a certain expectation of it imo.

not overly pertinent to the point of the thread but i can't understand how that car can get away with being badged a "superb".

Capture.jpg

they took a b5.5 passat which is dangerously mediocre to begin with, gave it different headlights and made it more even more sparse on the inside than the b5.5 and wollah! i give you the skoda superb :rolleyes: steel wheels, black plastic mouldings, riddled in switch blanks and all.

They are a little bit longer and uglier than a Passat but other than that they are much the same car. A superb car they probably are not but they aren't bad for everyday a-b economical transport.

That one posted above looks tired though and there is something odd about the right hand side rear wheel. It looks very far in in the arch while the other side does not.

I see where you are coming from. Superb does lead to expectations but you have to remember that when this car came out was only a couple of years after the ads with the key line being "It's a skoda .. honest".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

I've always liked the S60

Here is a diesel S60 with NCT until June 2015 for only 990 euro

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-s60-d5/7106795

30298986.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Pedantic - on the word 'superb'
    FYP...

Pedantic on that word though? Really?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The Skoda Rapid does 0-60 in 13.9 seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

And most would agree that the Mitsubishi Carisma is anything but charismatic irrespective of the model were discussing....car model names they dont always make a lot of sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

The names Skoda uses are historical in origin, Superb and Rapid were models from the 1930's
    I think its a nice nod to tradition, not just a bunch of numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,278 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'm not expecting a Dacia Duster to sweep the road anytime soon. Anyway, onto cheap cars
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault-laguna-estate-new-nct-and-tax/7495243
    32172001.jpeg
    Shame it's all plate hiding shots so we can't see the front or back properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Sticking with the Frenchies;

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault-clio-1-1-nct-5-15/7493584

32164096.jpeg

Tested 5/15, asking 1300. Good value if legit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Why would he hide the plates? What possible reason could there be? It's not like anyone is going to clone this thing and thieves won't line up around the block to steal it. Maybe there's some horrors lurking in the cars past.
    Would skip for that reason alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

Hope I'm allowed post this here, I'm selling a 92 Starlet 1 liter 5 door for my fiancées mother, taxed until the end of this month and nct'd for 10 months.

cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/92-toyota-starlet/7496235

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement